Game time menu??

33 minutes ago, sith13 said:

It's 2 Brady fans against me so I could really use the help :D 

Plus, I have  had the first of my two vaccines about 10 days ago. I don't think there is a vaccine against Brady fans.  The technology hasn't been developed. Be sure to wear a space suit.

I'm having the family over... and my two new grandsons. 

Then we're having Joe's BBQ shipped in from KC... momma's heating it up now... and it smells amazing

of course all the accoutrements that will be around for the next few days... chips, homemade salsa and guac, cookies, cake

son #1 is bringing homemade mac & cheese... he has this special way he bakes it which caramelizes the cheese ever so gently... it's fucking heaven

he's also bringing some green chili elk jerky (much better substitute for chewing fingernails)

and son #2 is bringing baked potatoes with the works

of course we'll be drinking copious amounts of craft beer

5 minutes ago, mex said:

I'm having the family over... and my two new grandsons. 

Then we're having Joe's BBQ shipped in from KC... momma's heating it up now... and it smells amazing

of course all the accoutrements that will be around for the next few days... chips, homemade salsa and guac, cookies, cake

son #1 is bringing homemade mac & cheese... he has this special way he bakes it which caramelizes the cheese ever so gently... it's fucking heaven

he's also bringing some green chili elk jerky (much better substitute for chewing fingernails)

and son #2 is bringing baked potatoes with the works

of course we'll be drinking copious amounts of craft beer

If the Chiefs make the SB next year I’ll show up on your porch on game day. I’ll bring Doritos, or something. 

1 hour ago, ATLchief said:

Starting with some wings on the BGE.  Probably some pizza of some sort.

On the beverage front, I'll be starting off with some Shotgun Betty (awesome hefeweizen from Lonerider Brewery in Raleigh, NC).   The best American-brewed Hefe I've ever had.

https://loneriderbeer.com/beer/shotgun-betty/

Then I'll move on to a bit of The Whistler, a new (to me anyway) Irish Whiskey that I've been looking forward to trying.

https://www.tastings.com/Spirits-Review/The-Whistler-Double-Oaked-Irish-Whiskey-Ireland-12-01-2019.aspx

Never had The Whistler.  My go to is RedBreast, if you’ve had Redbreast let me know how Whistler compares!

7 hours ago, Wolfscall said:

I've never had Whistler. Let me know what you think of it. 

Wolf,

Pretty decent for a sub-$30 bottle of Irish whiskey.  I enjoyed it.

So far, the best sub-$30 bottle of Irish whiskey I have had has been this:

https://www.slaneirishwhiskey.com/whiskey/

They should probably sell this for more $$, but you didn't hear that from me.

13 hours ago, ATLchief said:

Wolf,

Pretty decent for a sub-$30 bottle of Irish whiskey.  I enjoyed it.

So far, the best sub-$30 bottle of Irish whiskey I have had has been this:

https://www.slaneirishwhiskey.com/whiskey/

They should probably sell this for more $$, but you didn't hear that from me.

Right on. I'll give it a shot next time I go to the liquor store. My go to sub $30 is Tullamore Dew. It's pretty smooth and tasty. The price seems to move all over the place. I've seen it everywhere from $18 to $28. Needless to say I tend to stock up when it's cheap. 😎

I do like Redbreast.  I have had the 15, but not the 12.  Very good.

For a lower priced bottle, Teeling Small Batch is my favorite.  At around $40/bottle, much more affordable than Redbreast.  I find it to be very smooth with a mellow, sweet finish. 

10 minutes ago, Joe_Chief said:

I do like Redbreast.  I have had the 15, but not the 12.  Very good.

For a lower priced bottle, Teeling Small Batch is my favorite.  At around $40/bottle, much more affordable than Redbreast.  I find it to be very smooth with a mellow, sweet finish. 

Ya I should branch out more haha.  I've found a few scotches I really like and then awhile ago tried some Redbreast and just haven't seen a need to venture out.  I suggest you try the 12 and I'm gonna grab me a bottle of the Teeling.  BTW I usually buy a few bottles of Redbreast 12 when I find it at Costco!!!!  $40-$45 bucks can't afford not to buy it.

r/whiskey - I’ve been wanting to try Red Breast 12 for a while. Found at my local Costco

3 minutes ago, Balto said:

Have you irish whiskey guys tried RedBreast and how do you compare to your fav?  I like the 15 year the best but the 12 year is not bad either and much better priced

Haven't tried Redbreast. I'll give it a shot one of these days.

4 hours ago, Balto said:

Ya I should branch out more haha.  I've found a few scotches I really like and then awhile ago tried some Redbreast and just haven't seen a need to venture out.  I suggest you try the 12 and I'm gonna grab me a bottle of the Teeling.  BTW I usually buy a few bottles of Redbreast 12 when I find it at Costco!!!!  $40-$45 bucks can't afford not to buy it.

r/whiskey - I’ve been wanting to try Red Breast 12 for a while. Found at my local Costco

That's a great price for Redbreast 12!!