10 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Again, not saying he can't play OC just saying we can't really pencil him as the starter. 

Unlike Gay Allegretti has been here for multiple seasons and hasn't really entered the OC rotation at any point. He might even be a career OG in the NFL. 

Gay was a rookie and they don't seem to like his state as one, if he's still a backup in 2021 I wouldn't consider him a starter for 2022 this time next year. 

Fair enough

2 hours ago, sith13 said:

Again, not saying he can't play OC just saying we can't really pencil him as the starter. 

Unlike Gay Allegretti has been here for multiple seasons and hasn't really entered the OC rotation at any point. He might even be a career OG in the NFL. 

Gay was a rookie and they don't seem to like his state as one, if he's still a backup in 2021 I wouldn't consider him a starter for 2022 this time next year. 

If Veach misses on another 2nd round pick....I think he needs to reevaluate his strategy on draft day.   That is a lot of 2nd round picks that haven't helped this team like what they should.    

My only concern is his mental capacity.  Can he process fast enough, because we all know he is physically gifted.

I think a major problem with our OL group is more than a lack of talent. It’s also a lack of durability. 
I keep asking myself “what do you expect we have 2 or 3 backups playing.”  Every game, every year. We don’t need Swartz/Fish durability, but a walking MASH unit every year is getting old. 

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

If Veach misses on another 2nd round pick....I think he needs to reevaluate his strategy on draft day.   That is a lot of 2nd round picks that haven't helped this team like what they should.    

My only concern is his mental capacity.  Can he process fast enough, because we all know he is physically gifted.

I wouldn't mind going for some 4-year rentals in earlier rounds instead of going for "potential". We don't seem to get those potentials realized and spend a lot of time without getting much production from cheap contracts. 

I like the physical play and there seems to be enough of that. Hopefully the mental aspect will be taken care of as well. 

What I'd like to see:

-Cut/trade Fisher and Schwartz, this would open up $18.068M in cap space.

-Give Mathieu a extension, could save about $5M in cap space.

I'd also explore trading LDT, Chris Jones and Frank Clark but I see this as very very low probability of happening.  If it did....Chris Jones would gain us $21M, Frank Clark $19M and LDT $2.75M.  Clark and LDT would need to be traded during camp to maximize Cap Savings.  I do think Chris Jones is a keeper and it would have to be very nice compensation to send Clark packing but who knows.

Overall lets just say Fish, Schwartz are cut and HB gets an extension and we end up with about $23.068M in extra cap room BUT two giant holes to fill at our bookends!.

1)  I'd be on the phone ASAP with Trent Williams agent.  Give him a 4 year deal worth about $75M, that gives him top 5 tackle money and can be structed for a lean cap limit for 2021 until stadiums open back up and cap sky rockets.

2)  Sign Larry Warford, OG.  Warford has still performed as a top guard and the Saints cutting him was mainly due to cap space.  I'm sure he would of signed with a new team if he did not opt out because of COVID.  I think a 3 year $16M will get him signed with probably a lower guarantee that basically makes it a 2 year deal.

3)  Spend our #31 pick on the best OL on the board..Tackle, guard or center doesn't matter.

I think with Trent and Warford we can throw in Allegretti, rookie and best man left and have a much better Oline and cheaper than it is ATM.  I think taking a longer look at the younger guys like Niang and Tega Wanogho at RT could work.  So maybe that 1st rounder grab a center or guard

2 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

So did I. He wants to be paid as a Left Tackle. Probably a 2 and switch 4's....Xen would know.

Would much rather just sign Trent Williams as I'm sure Brown will be asking for Williams type money so why not just get a much better LT and not spend draft picks?  NOW at RT..sure but doesn't seem he wants RT

We are good at RB. Bell couldn’t even break into #2. Agree that line is really out only weakness. 
hopeful the rook hasn’t been slacking during his opt out. But still he wasn’t a sure stud even if he played. If Fish/Swartz can play, I don’t think we are in a position to let them walk. 

1 hour ago, Balto said:

Would much rather just sign Trent Williams as I'm sure Brown will be asking for Williams type money so why not just get a much better LT and not spend draft picks?  NOW at RT..sure but doesn't seem he wants RT

What is your obsession with Trent Williams? Do you send him fan mail?

They traded a 3rd and a 5th for him. They arent gonna just let him walk. He's getting franchised or paid. 

15 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

They traded a 3rd and a 5th for him. They arent gonna just let him walk. He's getting franchised or paid. 

As part of his reworked contract with the 49ers, OT Trent Williams cannot be franchise tagged after this season, per source. The eventual goal for both sides remains a long-term deal for the 7-time Pro Bowler.

You were saying?

30 minutes ago, Balto said:

As part of his reworked contract with the 49ers, OT Trent Williams cannot be franchise tagged after this season, per source. The eventual goal for both sides remains a long-term deal for the 7-time Pro Bowler.

You were saying?

I was saying you are obsessed with Trent Williams. 

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I was saying you are obsessed with Trent Williams. 

Why shouldn’t all of us?  He ranks as the best left tackle in the NFL and also gets that confirmed by the eye test.  He will for fact be able to sign with any team he wants.  After watching the Super Bowl why would we not go after the best LT in the game if we have the chance to sign him?

Your right.....Signing the best LT in the NFL and not costing any draft picks is stupid.  Sorry I even brought it up

If Reid and crew give a good grade to anyone on that line other than Allegretti then Veach has to seperate himself from his mentor and address the position.  Trotting Reiter and Wylie back out next year is a fireable offense even for Reid.

If Mahomes has time we win over 90% of our games.   Get it fixed!

I believe all of us have never seen a QB running for his life like we saw Sunday. We all know we had a patch work line but it did not show as much as it did Sunday. ( play calling also didn’t help) The reason I say this is because all of America saw this and there is no way Veach and Reid didn’t. Once they watch the game film I hope they realize it’s all about o line and Veach can’t afford looking for diamonds in the rough. He’s gotta get playmakers. 
like others have said, if he trots the same garbage out there again he will be known for ending mahomes career early. 

4 hours ago, DieHard said:

We are good at RB. Bell couldn’t even break into #2. Agree that line is really out only weakness. 
hopeful the rook hasn’t been slacking during his opt out. But still he wasn’t a sure stud even if he played. If Fish/Swartz can play, I don’t think we are in a position to let them walk. 

Wr and pass rusher is an issue.

4 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Well they can't pay him either. They are in worse cap space than us and have a lot of players to sign. If they pay the LT I bet the LB is up then for FA. He would be sweet to get.