1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

I already agreed that Brown is younger BUT he still is not on the same level as Trent Williams ATM.  Will he get better with age?  Who knows.  If not, then we have another Fisher on our hands which is above avg but we pay him as a top 5 tackle.

Why can't KC sign Williams and still spend a high draft pick on a tackle?  We still need a RT even if we have a couple young guys on the roster.  Let them battle it out.  Worst case after Williams contract is up or he starts to slip and is cut in 2 years we slide that now 2 year player we draft and molded in to replace Williams.

You talk about giving up a 2nd+player for Brown.  I'd much rather sign Williams and spend our 2nd on another OL player PLUS keep that young player.

You tell me!  

Brown(will cost the same as Williams in salary), give up a 2nd and give up a young player  OR  Williams and keep our 2nd and keep our young player?

48 minutes ago, soonerborn77 said:

Hardman played 545 snaps in 2020 (don't know why you are using 2019-2020) and had 49 catches for 626 yards, Brown played 802 snaps and had 58 catches for 769 yards so I would hope your first round pick had 9 more catches and 143 more yards while playing 267 more snaps.  CONGRATS!

That's my point and why I brought it up with your comparison of CEH and Dobbins.  Your first round pick didn't get as much value, or nowhere near close to our second round guy just like CEH didn't against Dobbins because say it with me, offensive styles....

Amazing how numbers can be manipulated....

2019-20 shows the same time frame for hardman and brown

Snaps for WR's in the two systems is not necessarily a good measure of worth- expectations and roles are completely different. 

KC ran 403 rushing plays vs 555 by Bal

39 minutes ago, Balto said:

I already agreed that Brown is younger BUT he still is not on the same level as Trent Williams ATM.  Will he get better with age?  Who knows.  If not, then we have another Fisher on our hands which is above avg but we pay him as a top 5 tackle.

Why can't KC sign Williams and still spend a high draft pick on a tackle?  We still need a RT even if we have a couple young guys on the roster.  Let them battle it out.  Worst case after Williams contract is up or he starts to slip and is cut in 2 years we slide that now 2 year player we draft and molded in to replace Williams.

You talk about giving up a 2nd+player for Brown.  I'd much rather sign Williams and spend our 2nd on another OL player PLUS keep that young player.

You tell me!  

Brown(will cost the same as Williams in salary), give up a 2nd and give up a young player  OR  Williams and keep our 2nd and keep our young player?

Go ahead, please sing the the 33yr old to a huge deal.

Said no one in the front office

29 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Really sucks that we didn't get a look at Niang to see what we have there going into the offseason.  It also sucks that we were deprived of his services in a game that Patrick really could have used him.  So far, I am not a huge fan.   

Agree, it was bad optic for him to sit out his rookie opportunity.  On the other side, we don't know how healed up he was from his injury.  There's a reason he slid to the tend of the third round.  Also, we don't know if there were personal reasons for him to avoid the season.  The fear mongers were at full throttle before the season started.  Don't the Chiefs have him for four more years?  Maybe in the long run, they won't lose that much.  But your right about the fact that it would be important to know what they have in him.  

1 hour ago, Balto said:

You tell me!  

Give me Brown in a heartbeat over Trent, Brown was dominate at LT in college and only slipped because of a poor combine.  

6 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

"Offensive Styles"? Brown has more yards and TDs in run first offense than Hardman does in the most explosive offense in the NFL.

Chiefs threw the ball 1206 times in 2019-20

Ravens threw the ball 792 times in 2019-20

Thats a difference of 414 passing attempts or approx 13 more times a game.

Yes and a run first offense creates easier opportunities for wr's on play actions as the defense is more concerned with the run game and the qb.   

Also Brown is the #1 wr in Baltimore.  Hardman is #4.    Try again.

Comparing your #1 wr to our #4 and acting like that's a plus is very telling.

There was an article about our Super Bowl OL that I wish I would of read before the game.  Basically it said the salary of the entire OL for the Super Bowl totaled 6.2 million.  With the only starting player taking 3.7. 

Also where the guys got drafted is just sad. 

1 2nd round

2 7th round

2 undrafted

Mahomes was doomed from the start.  If we have Fisher we most likely win.  We have Fisher and Schwartz we easily win.  We need at least an average line to stand a chance.

2 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

2019-20 shows the same time frame for hardman and brown

Snaps for WR's in the two systems is not necessarily a good measure of worth- expectations and roles are completely different. 

KC ran 403 rushing plays vs 555 by Bal

I would say being on the field for 260+ more snaps in one year is a pretty good measure of worth, expectations and production but you be you

3 hours ago, Balto said:

You tell me!  

Out of the two options I'd rather pay Trent and sign another OL/OT in the first.

30 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Again, a WR not being on the field in a Run FIrst offense is not an indication of the WR's talent.

I don't think we are on the same page, Hollywood is the one who played 260 more snaps than Hardman in 2020 and Brown only had 9 more catches and 143 yards...

Hardman:

2020 PFF 69.8

62 targets, 41 rec for 560 yards and 4 TDs, that averages 66% catches on targets and 13.66 yards a catch

Hardman also returns

Hardman would be considered the Chiefs 4th best weapon for 2020 behind Kelce, Hill and CEH by the numbers alone.

Brown:

2020 PFF 70.1

100 targets, 58 rec for 769 yards and 8 TDs, that averages 58% catches on targets and 13.26 yards a catch 

Brown would be considered the Ravens 2nd best weapon for 2020 behind JK Dobbins by a very close margin according by the numbers alone.

Hardman is a little bigger and both the same.

I'd expect either is pretty much interchangeable /shrug 

1 hour ago, Balto said:

Hardman:

2020 PFF 69.8

62 targets, 41 rec for 560 yards and 4 TDs, that averages 66% catches on targets and 13.66 yards a catch

Hardman also returns

Hardman would be considered the Chiefs 4th best weapon for 2020 behind Kelce, Hill and CEH by the numbers alone.

Brown:

2020 PFF 70.1

100 targets, 58 rec for 769 yards and 8 TDs, that averages 58% catches on targets and 13.26 yards a catch 

Brown would be considered the Ravens 2nd best weapon for 2020 behind JK Dobbins by a very close margin according by the numbers alone.

Hardman is a little bigger and both the same.

I'd expect either is pretty much interchangeable /shrug 

No, Andrews is the weapon like Kelce is the weapon.