26 minutes ago, Palangi said:

A continuity thought.  Because we all know this is a major factor in the coaches decisions on playing who they play. 

1st round chose Liam Eichenberg the LT then 2nd round take Aaron Banks the LG for Notre Dame also. 

LT- Eichenberg

LG- Banks

C - Allegretti 

RG- Rankin

RT- Niang 

Two rookie on the left but have familiarity with each other. 

If this is the route they go we better be getting Allen Robinson!    

38 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

If this is the route they go we better be getting Allen Robinson!    

If I'm Robinson I'm taking a discount to come to Kansas city.  With the terrible QB play he's had in his career.  

But I'd rather have Godwin if we spend on WR. 

What about a stop gap at LT?  Cutting Fish will save about $12M and I’m thinking Veach could turn around and look at a guy like Alejandro Villanueva from the Steelers, who has always been slightly higher rated than Fish but we could/should expect the same skills.  I’d think Villanueva would come very cheap and lock down LT for a couple of years why we groom his replacement.

Of course this would open a ton of cap room to go get us a guard like Brandon Scherff, a young all pro type.

2 hours ago, Balto said:

What about a stop gap at LT?  Cutting Fish will save about $12M and I’m thinking Veach could turn around and look at a guy like Alejandro Villanueva from the Steelers, who has always been slightly higher rated than Fish but we could/should expect the same skills.  I’d think Villanueva would come very cheap and lock down LT for a couple of years why we groom his replacement.

Of course this would open a ton of cap room to go get us a guard like Brandon Scherff, a young all pro type.

Scherff would be awesome but we had better have an idea at Center then too 

19 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Scherff would be awesome but we had better have an idea at Center then too 

Honestly I don't think the Chiefs are gonna be signing any free agents in this range. We have the most expensive player in football on our roster. They are really going to need to do it through the draft going forward. 

If they were gonna spend big I would rather they did it at C myself. But outside Linsley and Andrews, who is out there that you'd want to spend on?

We need a #2 WR, a starting DE, a starting Will LB, and possibly 2 starting OTs. I just cant help but wonder where they would elect to spend if they did make room, and how much interior line would be a priority. 

History tells us it's low on our list of priorities. And 2020 tells us it should be higher on the list. If Kelechi Osemele and Andrew Wylie are in our group of 90 we take to camp, then Weare still trying to make chicken salad out of chickens shit. I'm gonna be pissed if Wylie is tendered at any level.

3 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Honestly I don't think the Chiefs are gonna be signing any free agents in this range. We have the most expensive player in football on our roster. They are really going to need to do it through the draft going forward. 

If they were gonna spend big I would rather they did it at C myself. But outside Linsley and Andrews, who is out there that you'd want to spend on?

We need a #2 WR, a starting DE, a starting Will LB, and possibly 2 starting OTs. I just cant help but wonder where they would elect to spend if they did make room, and how much interior line would be a priority. 

History tells us it's low on our list of priorities. And 2020 tells us it should be higher on the list. If Kelechi Osemele and Andrew Wylie are in our group of 90 we take to camp, then Weare still trying to make chicken salad out of chickens shit. I'm gonna be pissed if Wylie is tendered at any level.

I agree. Scherff would be awesome and I doubt we can sign him unless he comes in cheap and incentive laden contract to chase a ring. I also want Center addressed. Scherff would be am upgrade but if he cost to much then we will miss out on other positions possibly.

5 hours ago, kkuenn said:

I agree. Scherff would be awesome and I doubt we can sign him unless he comes in cheap and incentive laden contract to chase a ring. I also want Center addressed. Scherff would be am upgrade but if he cost to much then we will miss out on other positions possibly.

I guess you gotta ask yourself if you'd rather have young talent or cheap vet at tackle or OG.  Should be able to get a stud FA at OT or OG and rely on the draft or vet signing to fill the other need

5 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Yep.  I think they go with guards already on the roster, if they can sign an upgrade at C, like Andrews.  Allegretti at LG, and let Durant and Rankin fight it out for RG.  Allegretti can back up Andrews while they continue to develop (my other brother) Darryl Williams.  

LT is the bigger mystery for me.  Would AR really go with essentially 2 rookies in Niang and a draftee at the tackle spots?  IMO, he should.

45 minutes ago, SEMO said:

Yep.  I think they go with guards already on the roster, if they can sign an upgrade at C, like Andrews.  Allegretti at LG, and let Durant and Rankin fight it out for RG.  Allegretti can back up Andrews while they continue to develop (my other brother) Darryl Williams.  

LT is the bigger mystery for me.  Would AR really go with essentially 2 rookies in Niang and a draftee at the tackle spots?  IMO, he should.

What do we make of the Prince Tega Wanogho situation? He was considered a top 100 prospect in the majority of the pre draft reports I read last year. With a high ceiling as well. Does he get a chance to compete?

8 hours ago, Balto said:

With all respect, I'm tired of stop gaps in the O-line.  Just bite the bullet and draft the best OT on the board in the first round and IOL on day two.  The draft may e a crap shoot, but so is FA and draft choices come cheap for four or fie years. 

15 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

What do we make of the Prince Tega Wanogho situation? He was considered a top 100 prospect in the majority of the pre draft reports I read last year. With a high ceiling as well. Does he get a chance to compete?

Really we have yet to see what he can do. If Reid likes him we may be all shot on what we really need. Center might be it. LT for him, Allegretti for LG, C, Rankins/LDT at RG and Niang at RT. That would be 3 new people from this year though.

Thing is, Niang and Prince will have a year of beefing up and learning under their belts already. If anything we look to have good depth if we go LT in FA or C.

Niang is hard for me to pencil in. I just wonder if he wasn’t recovered from the injury. For a rookie to opt out of his dream seems kind of strange. I may be reading too much into it, but let’s see him take a snap before I believe he is the solution to a problem. 

LDT makes sense. He couldn’t complete a residency without opting out. And he already had a sweet contract. Completely different in my mind from Niang. 

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

He is still raw and teams’ concerns about his love of football dropped him from a potential Ist rounder to a 6th.  That is crazy, as I remember the rumors saying he could drop to the 2nd for that very reason.  Not the 6th! 

He will be given the chance to compete.  I hope he puts in the work and gives it everything he has.  If his work ethic reaches his talent level, he could be all-pro.  

I think he is still a year away.

1 hour ago, SEMO said:

He is still raw and teams’ concerns about his love of football dropped him from a potential Ist rounder to a 6th.  That is crazy, as I remember the rumors saying he could drop to the 2nd for that very reason.  Not the 6th! 

He will be given the chance to compete.  I hope he puts in the work and gives it everything he has.  If his work ethic reaches his talent level, he could be all-pro.  

I think he is still a year away.

Well if they go LT rd 1 he'll be blocked, would he not?

25 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Well if they go LT rd 1 he'll be blocked, would he not?

Idk.  Maybe.  They signed him to a futures contract.  I wouldn’t expect him to start at LT day one.  

If they are confident that he will develop quickly, then I would hope that they just sign a one year stopgap and don’t waste a first on a tackle.  Depends on their confidence in Niang at tackle.  

1 hour ago, SEMO said:

Idk.  Maybe.  They signed him to a futures contract.  I wouldn’t expect him to start at LT day one.  

If they are confident that he will develop quickly, then I would hope that they just sign a one year stopgap and don’t waste a first on a tackle.  Depends on their confidence in Niang at tackle.  

I wouldnt either. But if they see a guy that can be their LT next season, maybe they go short term vet at LT for a year. What would you think about a guy like Ty Nsekhe on a 1 yr? Dude has played very well as an injury replacement.

Fisher is not a week 1 option and I can't imagine it being hard to find someone who can exceed the level of play Remmers gave us in the SB. 

21 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I wouldnt either. But if they see a guy that can be their LT next season, maybe they go short term vet at LT for a year. What would you think about a guy like Ty Nsekhe on a 1 yr? Dude has played very well as an injury replacement.

Fisher is not a week 1 option and I can't imagine it being hard to find someone who can exceed the level of play Remmers gave us in the SB. 

Cedric Ogbuehi or Roderick Johnson could be good options if we went this route too

17 minutes ago, Palangi said:

Cedric Ogbuehi or Roderick Johnson could be good options if we went this route too

Agree on Johnson for sure. Lower draft pick who has gotten stuck on a depth chart. But has played above average football when he's had an opportunity. Still just 25. This is the type of FA we need to he pursuing. Guys that could be hidden gems who have been blocked. Dude has super long arms, huge hands. Ran a crazy fast 40 time coming out of college. Could really fit here.

I kind of hope they go a similar route at WR. Guys like Josh Reynolds or David Moore, who could really shine with an opportunity to play. The tools are there.

14 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Agree on Johnson for sure. Lower draft pick who has gotten stuck on a depth chart. But has played above average football when he's had an opportunity. Still just 25. This is the type of FA we need to he pursuing. Guys that could be hidden gems who have been blocked. Dude has super long arms, huge hands. Ran a crazy fast 40 time coming out of college. Could really fit here.

I kind of hope they go a similar route at WR. Guys like Josh Reynolds or David Moore, who could really shine with an opportunity to play. The tools are there.

Johnson has intrigued me too. At 6'6" 315 he has good size. He also has 35" arms. Has shown some potential when given the chance in Houston. 

26 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Only if you assume Niang is ready to start.  

Again we started Andrew Wylie at RT in the Super Bowl and gave him zero help, so almost any argument regarding any other player not being able to start week 1 of the regular season is moot.

But yes, he was an outstanding RT in college and with a full offseason, of course he should be ready to start. That's why he was drafted.

5 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Again we started Andrew Wylie at RT in the Super Bowl and gave him zero help, so almost any argument regarding any other player not being able to start week 1 of the regular season is moot.

But yes, he was an outstanding RT in college and with a full offseason, of course he should be ready to start. That's why he was drafted.

What's Niang's situation, has he been fully healthy for a while and working with a trainer or is he still dealing with the injury?