57 minutes ago, Balto said:

Do we know for sure that Schwartz won’t be back?  Ok shouldn’t of said “back”....

Who knows?  The thing is that big guys with back issues often continue to have back issues.  Even if Schwartz tries to play next season, it's more likely that the problem will reoccur.  I'm not a doc, but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express.  

We went through this with Berry.   He was an amazing player an I hate he's having back issues as they suck, but keeping him around hoping this gets better on its own is a bad gamble.  Time to move on and let him retire with dignity.     We win the SB this year if he and Fisher had played.

36 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

We went through this with Berry.   He was an amazing player an I hate he's having back issues as they suck, but keeping him around hoping this gets better on its own is a bad gamble.  Time to move on and let him retire with dignity.     We win the SB this year if he and Fisher had played.

I actually think Schwartz was missed much more than Fish but yes I can't argue with this statement.

I think it boils down to:

Cut/trade Fisher and Schwartz, this would open up $18.068M in cap space.

Now the front office could say GREAT lets use that $18M on bringing in some weapons like Allen Robinson or Corey Davis or who ever.  OR the front office could say GREAT lets use that $18M on a pass rusher or two like JJ Watt, Von Miller, Clowney or Justin Houston!  Or the secondary like a old vet Patrick Peterson or Bouye!

But I just think the most glaring issue in the Super Bowl that millions of people saw was the lack of offensive lineman starters and depth!  

Yes the cap is down this year with a rumored $180M floor but this will rapidly increase once fans are allowed in the stadiums and vaccines get to everyone.  So with cutting Fish/Schwartz we have that $18M flexibility to get some studs and make 2021 on their contracts a little more lean than the following years, that's not unusual.

I say Veach spends that $18M on multiple places but start and finish with the Oline.  

Go out and get Trent Williams AND Brandon Scherff!  They both played together in Washington and its reported they are good friends.  Why not approach both in coming to KC and protecting the best QB in the NFL and get a RING!!!  The $18M will be more than enough to grab them both with contracts that increase as the cap increases!  Sprinkle in a guy like Justin Houston to add some pass rush and a Pat Peterson on a cheap contract to add vet ability to the secondary and we are good for another SB run.

Not to mention we grab a young CHEAP stud OL in the draft early....take the BPA OL!  OT...Our new RT, OG....Our new RG, OC....Our new OC.  Then let our young guys battle for the 2 spots left!  I'd also still grab OL in the mid rounds for depth!

YES I think we should build through the draft...At most positions!  JUST NOT AT OL ALL AT THE SAME TIME!  Patrick Mother F'n Mahomes can win us a Super Bowl on his own IF he has protection!  If he would of stayed clean in the SB we win....Easily!   SPEND THE MONEY to protect him and not be another Aaron Rodgers "If he had a OL he would of won more SBs" type of history!  Or the next Russell Wilson who is starting to cause some issues because Seattle has been ignoring the OL and he is tired of it....Do you want Mahomes to start feeling like this?!?!?!?!  

Veach has two very easy contracts to drop in Fish and Schwartz to open up more than enough cap relief for TWO stud OL players!  Not to mention the $10M or so Veach can gain from extending HoneyBadger(which he shows zero signs of slowing down not to deserve that contract) 

Protecting Pat should be #1 this offseason and its not even close for debate!

17 minutes ago, Balto said:

Now the front office could say GREAT lets use that $18M on bringing in some weapons like Allen Robinson or Corey Davis or who ever.  OR the front office could say GREAT lets use that $18M on a pass rusher or two like JJ Watt, Von Miller, Clowney or Justin Houston!  Or the secondary like a old vet Patrick Peterson or Bouye!

But I just think the most glaring issue in the Super Bowl that millions of people saw was the lack of offensive lineman starters and depth!  

Yes the cap is down this year with a rumored $180M floor but this will rapidly increase once fans are allowed in the stadiums and vaccines get to everyone.  So with cutting Fish/Schwartz we have that $18M flexibility to get some studs and make 2021 on their contracts a little more lean than the following years, that's not unusual.

I say Veach spends that $18M on multiple places but start and finish with the Oline.  

Go out and get Trent Williams AND Brandon Scherff!  They both played together in Washington and its reported they are good friends.  Why not approach both in coming to KC and protecting the best QB in the NFL and get a RING!!!  The $18M will be more than enough to grab them both with contracts that increase as the cap increases!  Sprinkle in a guy like Justin Houston to add some pass rush and a Pat Peterson on a cheap contract to add vet ability to the secondary and we are good for another SB run.

Not to mention we grab a young CHEAP stud OL in the draft early....take the BPA OL!  OT...Our new RT, OG....Our new RG, OC....Our new OC.  Then let our young guys battle for the 2 spots left!  I'd also still grab OL in the mid rounds for depth!

YES I think we should build through the draft...At most positions!  JUST NOT AT OL ALL AT THE SAME TIME!  Patrick Mother F'n Mahomes can win us a Super Bowl on his own IF he has protection!  If he would of stayed clean in the SB we win....Easily!   SPEND THE MONEY to protect him and not be another Aaron Rodgers "If he had a OL he would of won more SBs" type of history!  Or the next Russell Wilson who is starting to cause some issues because Seattle has been ignoring the OL and he is tired of it....Do you want Mahomes to start feeling like this?!?!?!?!  

Veach has two very easy contracts to drop in Fish and Schwartz to open up more than enough cap relief for TWO stud OL players!  Not to mention the $10M or so Veach can gain from extending HoneyBadger(which he shows zero signs of slowing down not to deserve that contract) 

I have heard that we have to do an injury settlement with both Fish and Schwartz, they cannot be cut outright. so the final numbers for cap space relief could be different

Just now, KC Warpaint said:

I have heard that we have to do an injury settlement with both Fish and Schwartz, they cannot be cut outright. so the final numbers for cap space relief could be different

Matters when they are cleared I think.  Could be camp cuts

1 hour ago, Balto said:

Only problem with that is that cutting Fish and Schwartz saves $18 million but the Chiefs are over the projected cap by $22 million.  They need to clear cap room AND fix the O-line at the same time.  Saving money doesn't mean they can afford expensive FAs  I get it that the line won't be fixed this year only through the draft, but it's not a complete overhaul to grab a first round OT and a day two IOL.  Maybe one or both bust.  Maybe they take several seasons to play effectively.  But unless they go that route, this will be a problem every season.  There's about eight OT is the coming draft that I would rather see at left tackle than Remmers.  There's at least that many that I'd rather see at OC or OG than Reiter or Wylie.  If the chiefs can bring in a cheap vet or if Fish/Schwartz can contribute, then so much the better, but it's foolish to rely on that.  .  

28 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Only problem with that is that cutting Fish and Schwartz saves $18 million but the Chiefs are over the projected cap by $22 million.  They need to clear cap room AND fix the O-line at the same time.  

that is what's called an "inconvenient truth"

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Only problem with that is that cutting Fish and Schwartz saves $18 million but the Chiefs are over the projected cap by $22 million.  

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

that is what's called an "inconvenient truth"

To me it looks like $17.4M.  Regardless we have no idea what the cap will be yet.  All we know is the the floor of $180M.  There are several reports saying the NFL is actually in the ends of a new TV contract talks that could easily keep the cap what it is or higher.  The NFL could also more or less mortgage the cap to keep it high, thus next year if the numbers say the cap needs to be $250M the NFL only raises it to say $225M thus getting back $25M.

Also we have multiple players we can restructure to make room for Free Agents.  

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Only problem with that is that cutting Fish and Schwartz saves $18 million but the Chiefs are over the projected cap by $22 million.  They need to clear cap room AND fix the O-line at the same time.  Saving money doesn't mean they can afford expensive FAs  I get it that the line won't be fixed this year only through the draft, but it's not a complete overhaul to grab a first round OT and a day two IOL.  Maybe one or both bust.  Maybe they take several seasons to play effectively.  But unless they go that route, this will be a problem every season.  There's about eight OT is the coming draft that I would rather see at left tackle than Remmers.  There's at least that many that I'd rather see at OC or OG than Reiter or Wylie.  If the chiefs can bring in a cheap vet or if Fish/Schwartz can contribute, then so much the better, but it's foolish to rely on that.  .  

Extending Badger clears 10 mill. Pat can have bonuses converted to create another 10 mill. Jones can be restructured to save other 10 mill. Therefore easy avenues for this team to create more cap. 

20 minutes ago, Balto said:

To me it looks like $17.4M.  Regardless we have no idea what the cap will be yet.  All we know is the the floor of $180M.  There are several reports saying the NFL is actually in the ends of a new TV contract talks that could easily keep the cap what it is or higher.  The NFL could also more or less mortgage the cap to keep it high, thus next year if the numbers say the cap needs to be $250M the NFL only raises it to say $225M thus getting back $25M.

Also we have multiple players we can restructure to make room for Free Agents.  

Some more inconvenient truth,  eh!

17 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Extending Badger clears 10 mill. Pat can have bonuses converted to create another 10 mill. Jones can be restructured to save other 10 mill. Therefore easy avenues for this team to create more cap. 

Plus cut LDT when he gets back should be around 5 or 6 million

3 hours ago, Balto said:

That's not a bad idea for the offensive line.  

LT- Williams

LG- Sherff

C - Allegretti

RG- Rankin

RT- Niang

Right now we would have Prince Tega, Yasir Durant, Darryl Williams as backups.  Young guys with potential.  Bring Remmers back as a solid backup.  Then draft 2 developmental guys to eventually replace Williams and Sherff. 

In the 3rd round take

Spencer Brown OT Northern Iowa 6'8" 320. Tons of potential and athleticism here.  Can learn for a year or two before taking over LT. 

4th round guard types

Jaylon Moore OL Central Michigan 6'4" 315. Played tackle in college.  Got guard reps at the senior bowl.  Big physical kid who could be a sleeper

Dan Moore OL Texas A&M 6'5" 315. Played LT in College but projects to guard.  Has good length.  Could be a very nice LG. 

That would give us the first 2 rounds to bring in a WR, DE, or LB.

27 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

You guys handle cap calculations about like my first wife handled the household budget.  😉

2 hours ago, Palangi said:

Plus cut LDT when he gets back should be around 5 or 6 million

False. He restructured in 2019 to help us out. Cutting him now would cost more than keeping him. This is the flipside to restructures. The money saved in the immediate present is spread out over the remainder of the contract.

And believe it or not I'm OK with him at RG. Having a veteran with tons of starts including a SB run will make Reid and Co. feel much better about starting Niang at RT.

He is an average player. Which means he is a pro bowler when compared to Wylie.

2 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

False. He restructured in 2019 to help us out. Cutting him now would cost more than keeping him. This is the flipside to restructures. The money saved in the immediate present is spread out over the remainder of the contract.

And believe it or not I'm OK with him at RG. Having a veteran with tons of starts including a SB run will make Reid and Co. feel much better about starting Niang at RT.

He is an average player. Which means he is a pro bowler when compared to Wylie.

Correct.  He is set to be 4.75 mil on roster and if cut the dead cap hits right away which would go up.

2021 Dead Cap: $7,350,0002021

Cap Savings: $-2,600,000

4 hours ago, Palangi said:

That's not a bad idea for the offensive line.  

LT- Williams

LG- Sherff

C - Allegretti

RG- Rankin

RT- Niang

Right now we would have Prince Tega, Yasir Durant, Darryl Williams as backups.  Young guys with potential.  Bring Remmers back as a solid backup.  Then draft 2 developmental guys to eventually replace Williams and Sherff. 

In the 3rd round take

Spencer Brown OT Northern Iowa 6'8" 320. Tons of potential and athleticism here.  Can learn for a year or two before taking over LT. 

4th round guard types

Jaylon Moore OL Central Michigan 6'4" 315. Played tackle in college.  Got guard reps at the senior bowl.  Big physical kid who could be a sleeper

Dan Moore OL Texas A&M 6'5" 315. Played LT in College but projects to guard.  Has good length.  Could be a very nice LG. 

That would give us the first 2 rounds to bring in a WR, DE, or LB.

Love it