5 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

He'll never fall to us.

Who knows with Veach. If the player falls a bit heavy move up to get him. The loss in the SB showed and opened many eyes our O line needs to protect our qb. Veach better be doing all he can to get ine in fa or draft and this includes looking at all of them as he can.

9 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Good. I want someone who plays on the left side. 

I know he's written down as a RT but is that definitive? Also where does Niang end up at OT, if we already have our LT then a guy for the right side makes a lot of sense with #32. I would prioritize OC but wouldn't mind any OT in 1st. 

14 minutes ago, sith13 said:

I know he's written down as a RT but is that definitive? Also where does Niang end up at OT, if we already have our LT then a guy for the right side makes a lot of sense with #32. I would prioritize OC but wouldn't mind any OT in 1st. 

That was my thought. 

What if Niang can play LT? He is super athletic and long.  

What is Schwartz can come back? 

Jenkins could stay at RG then replace Schwartz when Schwartz retires.  

Sign Osemele back or go with Rankin. 

LT- Niang

LG- Osemele/ Rankin

C - Allegretti

RG- jenkins

RT- Schwartz

2 hours ago, Palangi said:

That was my thought. 

LT- Niang

LG- Osemele/ Rankin

C - Allegretti

RG- jenkins

RT- Schwartz

Man you still pencil in Allegretti at center as if he has it. Why? What has he done to warrant giving this position? If I remember he was not even listed on depth charts at center last year. Center is a position we need to fill imo. Even if Allegretti does get center, we need depth there.

Jenkins would be a good pick, and can play tackle or guard in our system.  Doubt he's there with who's picking ahead of us, but you never know.  The depth of this tackle class could push some of these tier 2 tackles like Jenkins down the board as teams may look at day 2 for line options.

33 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Man you still pencil in Allegretti at center as if he has it. Why? What has he done to warrant giving this position? If I remember he was not even listed on depth charts at center last year. Center is a position we need to fill imo. Eben if Allegretti does get center, we need depth there.

I go by what the coaches are saying, and they are saying he is good at center.  But they also say he can be an even better guard.  That would be a huge bonus if we could pick up a guy with a higher ceiling at center. and slide Allegretti over. The coaches also remind us that several of our guys are very young and keep improving.  At some point, ithat kind of thing reaches a critical mass, since it is all complementary.

3 minutes ago, xen said:

Jenkins would be a good pick, and can play tackle or guard in our system.  Doubt he's there with who's picking ahead of us, but you never know.  The depth of this tackle class could push some of these tier 2 tackles like Jenkins down the board as teams may look at day 2 for line options.

I would love that, as all of us would.  With 8 picks, Veach could possibly do that at the last second using a couple of those lower picks if Jenkins gets within three or four picks of us. But if he wants to build the best roster, he will use all of his own picks. There are so many good O linemen in this draft, we probably don't need to do that.

1 hour ago, Palangi said:

That was my thought. 

LT- Niang

LG- Osemele/ Rankin

C - Allegretti

RG- jenkins

RT- Schwartz

I think Jenkins would end up at RG. Where he could be Scherff caliber. But if Schwartx wasn't ready we'd have 2 guys in him and Niang both that could play RT. 

My concern is if neither Schwartz or Fisher was ready. We'd have RT covered but then be forced to start someone at LT that never played there in college. That's why I'm hoping for a Mayfield, Leatherwood, type in rd 1. So we'd have a RT and LT who could both step up and both had legit upside. Not fucking be forced to play Remmers and Turnstylie at tackle.

Or Jackson Carmen in rd 2. That's the real dream for me.

40 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I think Jenkins would end up at RG. Where he could be Scherff caliber. But if Schwartx wasn't ready we'd have 2 guys in him and Niang both that could play RT. 

My concern is if neither Schwartz or Fisher was ready. We'd have RT covered but then be forced to start someone at LT that never played there in college. That's why I'm hoping for a Mayfield, Leatherwood, type in rd 1. So we'd have a RT and LT who could both step up and both had legit upside. Not fucking be forced to play Remmers and Turnstylie at tackle.

I think Jackson Carmen is a guard only for us.  I don't think he can hold up on the outside versus speed with our longer developing plays.  Same with Leatherwood.  Both would be really good on the inside for us though.

Mayfield would be great but he'll take some development and I think he'll be viewed at the tail end of the tier 1 tackles so that means he's probably gone.

38 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Probably true, but then there's a least 45 others that I've been told won't fall to #31.  What to believe?

Jenkins could absolutely be there when we pick.  Or absolutely won't be.  Hope that clears it up.

2 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Mayfield played RT in college only too.

So did jedrick Wills the starting LT for Cleveland

Brandon Albert was a collegiate guard. 

2 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Man you still pencil in Allegretti at center as if he has it. Why? What has he done to warrant giving this position? If I remember he was not even listed on depth charts at center last year. Center is a position we need to fill imo. Even if Allegretti does get center, we need depth there.

You ok bro.?

Just now, Palangi said:

You ok bro.?

Yep. I just still won't see him at center because if what they thought they saw in him 2 almost 3 years ago.  He has not played in it at all. Now though LG he is good. So why take away from that whem we can get better center playbelse where from a guy that can play it? Makes no sense but if it happens them great. That is just being a realist.

1 minute ago, kkuenn said:

Yep. I just still won't see him at center because if what they thought they saw in him 2 almost 3 years ago.  He has not played in it at all. Now though LG he is good. So why take away from that whem we can get better center playbelse where from a guy that can play it? Makes no sense but if it happens them great. That is just being a realist.

It's OK.  Breathe

26 minutes ago, Palangi said:

It's OK.  Breathe

Sure. I mean I stay up at night knowing we will go with a center who could not beat out udfa at his position or shown nothing for 3 years. Who actually is in the position he played at for his college career and is doing well. You do you though 

1 hour ago, xen said:

I think Jackson Carmen is a guard only for us.  I don't think he can hold up on the outside versus speed with our longer developing plays.  Same with Leatherwood.  Both would be really good on the inside for us though.

Mayfield would be great but he'll take some development and I think he'll be viewed at the tail end of the tier 1 tackles so that means he's probably gone.

Agree 100%. But they COULD play tackle if necessary for a bit if Fisher needs more time. They've both done it against elite competition in college. We need to have a contingency plan.

20 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Agree 100%. But they COULD play tackle if necessary for a bit if Fisher needs more time. They've both done it against elite competition in college. We need to have a contingency plan.

I would have to think they'd hold up better than Remmers did in the last game.

23 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Sure. I mean I stay up at night knowing we will go with a center who could not beat out udfa at his position or shown nothing for 3 years. Who actually is in the position he played at for his college career and is doing well. You do you though 

We've already hashed out our differences on this.  I don't know why you want to do it again.   

Whatever