57 minutes ago, Palangi said:

Mayfield played RT in college only too.

So jedrick Willis the starting LT for Cleveland

Brandon Albert was a collegiate guard. 

The difference is Mayfield has held up really well against speed rushers and has the movement skills to hold up on an island on the edge.  Those other two have not and have needed help.  Andy's entire scheme is dependent on being able to leave his tackles on an island and give help on the inside.  Mayfield fits that perfectly.  I think he can play any position but center for us.

I wonder how much contact they have or can have with Niang? Can the team get him a personal strength coach or line coach etc this last year? If so, did they work to see if he in fact could play LT if needed thus freeing up that need and able to go with Schwartz or a draft pick? So many unknowns but the draft should tell us a lot too. Will be dad if they wait to last few rounds to go O line or do nothing in FA

41 minutes ago, xen said:

The difference is Mayfield has held up really well against speed rushers and has the movement skills to hold up on an island on the edge.  Those other two have not and have needed help.  Andy's entire scheme is dependent on being able to leave his tackles on an island and give help on the inside.  Mayfield fits that perfectly.  I think he can play any position but center for us.

The same was said about Niang.  Even Patterson said he could be a LT. 

Niang came out with high marks as a pass blocker

12 hours ago, xen said:

Niang didn't allow a sack in 3 years. And he went against Nick Bosa and Chase Young. 

I'd say he held up too