People who should be gone before next year

Britt Reid  POS potentially ruined lives and created an unnecessary distraction days before the biggest fucking game of the year

Watkins     Feels like we paid him a million dollars a game since he played in so few

Wylie   Garbage.  Disgraced his position in the super bowl

Robinson  UFA, unreliable, time to move on

Fisher  slightly above average LT coming off of a serious injury, on the wrong side of 30, no thanks

Okafor  FA, non factor this year 

Reiter    More dead weight on the line 

Schwartz   Contract is up, and giving another contract to a 32 year old tackle coming off of a back injury would be stupid. 

We're stuck with some high priced garbage like Clark and Hitchens because the dead money would be too much to absorb.   I'd be down with cutting Hardman, but we don't have enough bodies to dump him, so we need to find some talent to push his worthless as down the depth chart. 

Mathieu has to be a restructure, unless he refuses, then he's got to go, just from a cap perspective, because we'd save 15 million by releasing him.  

This offseason and next have to be about getting out of big contracts, and getting younger at some positions.

Who am I missing that deserves to be tarred and feathered?

Remmers.  How did I forget Remmers?

The offense just needs to get rid of all these backups on the line. I think all five spots need replacing. A #2 TE and #2 WR are needed. Defense desperately needs linebackers and another pass rusher. I know RB2 is a question, but I think we don’t do anything there.

Anyone whose contract is up should be left to leave.

Get rid of Toub. That is one dude I want gone. 

13 minutes ago, moons314 said:

Britt Reid  POS potentially ruined lives and created an unnecessary distraction days before the biggest fucking game of the year

Watkins     Feels like we paid him a million dollars a game since he played in so few

Fisher  slightly above average LT coming off of a serious injury, on the wrong side of 30, no thanks

Schwartz   Contract is up, and giving another contract to a 32 year old tackle coming off of a back injury would be stupid. 

We're stuck with some high priced garbage like Clark and Hitchens because the dead money would be too much to absorb.   I'd be down with cutting Hardman, but we don't have enough bodies to dump him, so we need to find some talent to push his worthless as down the depth chart. 

Mathieu has to be a restructure, unless he refuses, then he's got to go, just from a cap perspective, because we'd save 15 million by releasing him.  

This offseason and next have to be about getting out of big contracts, and getting younger at some positions.

forgot Neiman

3 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

The offense just needs to get rid of all these backups on the line. I think all five spots need replacing. A #2 TE and #2 WR are needed. Defense desperately needs linebackers and another pass rusher. I know RB2 is a question, but I think we don’t do anything there.

Anyone whose contract is up should be left to leave.

Get rid of Toub. That is one dude I want gone. 

This team needs a Jason Dunn in the worst freaking way, someone that can come in and put a defender on his ass in the running game, and catch an occasional red zone pass when needed.  

I think we stand pat at RB.  CEH has been underwhelming, but he's young, has upside, and he's cheap.  Williams is a competent backup and a change of pace.  Like Tardiff, I'm really not interested in welcoming back Damien after his sit out year.  

Toub is a good coach, but whatever his deal is, it's gone stale.  He's one of those guys that I think would have wild success if he took a ST job somewhere else.  A fresh face would do wonders for both sides. 

12 minutes ago, moons314 said:

Restructuring Jones frees up 13 mill, Restructuring Clark 12 mill, extending badger 11 mill. Releasing Fisher and Schwartz close to 15. That's 50 mill. That gets us out of cap trouble. 

But I agree with every name on this list with the exception of possibly Fisher.

Just now, Iluvhouse24 said:

Restructuring Jones frees up 13 mill, Restructuring Clark 12 mill, extending badger 11 mill. Releasing Fisher and Schwartz close to 15. That's 50 mill. That gets us out of cap trouble. 

But I agree with every name on this list with the exception of possibly Fisher.

Aren't we basically screwed with Fisher?  I don't think we can cut him if he's injured.  

HB has to restructure.  

Clark, lets see him put his money where his mouth is in terms of him talking about how it's on him to produce.

Will Jones restructure?  Dude was adamant about money last offseason, and if not for penalties, he was a no show in the postseason. 

Just now, moons314 said:

Aren't we basically screwed with Fisher?  I don't think we can cut him if he's injured.  

HB has to restructure.  

Clark, lets see him put his money where his mouth is in terms of him talking about how it's on him to produce.

Will Jones restructure?  Dude was adamant about money last offseason, and if not for penalties, he was a no show in the postseason. 

Fisher can be extended. It takes his cap number from 15 mill to 6.5 mill next year.

23 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

We still have an excellent core of players and we have our Coaching Staff returning next season, that is a good start but we have to make changes because other teams are  going to try to do what tampa did tonight....you cannot stand still

You have to be able to run the ball when teams play 2 deep safeties.  But we are so weak up front in the run game.  

4 minutes ago, Palangi said:

You have to be able to run the ball when teams play 2 deep safeties.  But we are so weak up front in the run game.  

A big part of that I think is that Reid prefers mobility to mauling ability in his interior 3 because he wants to play the perimeter game.  A guard with the agility to pull is useless if he can't straight up block a 3rd 6 inches.  I really wish Reid would adapt his strategy in terms of his line. 

1 minute ago, moons314 said:

A big part of that I think is that Reid prefers mobility to mauling ability in his interior 3 because he wants to play the perimeter game.  A guard with the agility to pull is useless if he can't straight up block a 3rd 6 inches.  I really wish Reid would adapt his strategy in terms of his line. 

I think he is adapting.  Look at Osemele, Rankin, Allegretti, and Durant. All big dudes.  

Osemele 6'5" 330

Rankin 6'4" 320

Allegretti 6'4" 320

Durant 6'6" 335

1 hour ago, moons314 said:

Can’t say I disagree, add in Toub and Niemann. As ive been saying for about 10 weeks im sure some team will be interested in trading for hardman. Im done with him, maybe try to recoup a 4th round pick 

Yea, please cut Niemann .and I wouldn't be mad if they cut Sorenson either. Find an Athlete that can take his spot that can actually cover??

Tonight,  our oline was overwhelmed and our shitty LBs were finally exposed. If we didn't blitz, brady had a day. Need a real pass rusher not a fake as Frank Clark, and real LB that actually wants to hit the hole and make a fucking Tackle! 

51 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Can’t say I disagree, add in Toub and Niemann. As ive been saying for about 10 weeks im sure some team will be interested in trading for hardman. Im done with him, maybe try to recoup a 4th round pick 

I don’t like Hardman either , but getting rid of him leaves us two wrs under contract I believe.  We need the depth.  I’d rather get guys and bury him on the depth chart than send him packing and have to come up with 5 wrs. 

3 minutes ago, moons314 said:

I don’t like Hardman either , but getting rid of him leaves us two wrs under contract I believe.  We need the depth.  I’d rather get guys and bury him on the depth chart than send him packing and have to come up with 5 wrs. 

Don’t care, the guy is a mental midget. I dont want to spend another year worrying about him making mental mistakes in the return game or offense.

i no longer worry about how to replace “JAGS” . You insert a different random replacement level player and move on with life.

2 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Fisher can be extended. It takes his cap number from 15 mill to 6.5 mill next year.

No thanks, I would just hope for an injury settlement. He earned a lot more than he deserved already and not getting any better or younger. 

1 hour ago, moons314 said:

Keeping him around doesn't really add another WR either, it just kills a roster spot. I would simply start with Hill & Pringle and find some cheap FAs hoping for a ring or some late round / undrafted guys that might surprise us.