People who should be gone before next year

22 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

We need to invest a top 100 pick in the DE position.  Ward is a nice story but I don't think you can bank on him being the kind of player we need opposite Frank.   We need a 10 sack potential guy there.   It scares me a little if Taco and Ward are leaned upon to be the answer.

I agree if like to see a top level guy.  I was just talking about quality depth and a base of what we have.  

18 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Restructuring Jones frees up 13 mill, Restructuring Clark 12 mill, extending badger 11 mill. Releasing Fisher and Schwartz close to 15. That's 50 mill. That gets us out of cap trouble. 

But I agree with every name on this list with the exception of possibly Fisher.

you can convert Mahomes to a signing bonus and free up another 17 million too next year. A lot we can do to get a FA lineman and then for draft and extending the players we want.

2 hours ago, sith13 said:

Not saying he's bad, in fact should have used him much more. However in an environment with so many major needs and viable RBs do we actually turn down something like a 1st for CEH at this point?

the mere  thought  some team would give a first or a 2nd for that matter is pure lunacy

Is there as big a cap hit to trade guys like Frank Clark and Chris Jones? These are dudes who are not getting another KC contract, but we are stuck with them since cutting is damaging. I want them off the books as soon as possible. Let hungry guys and cheaper FA take over. Tired of Jones dumb penalties. Frank Clark is the worst contract KC may have ever signed.

4 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Bake? Is that some new slang you picked up from one of your kids? 

it's the new Chiefs methodology for selecting their starters... whoever bakes the best cupcakes gets the spot

13 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

Is there as big a cap hit to trade guys like Frank Clark and Chris Jones? These are dudes who are not getting another KC contract, but we are stuck with them since cutting is damaging. I want them off the books as soon as possible. Let hungry guys and cheaper FA take over. Tired of Jones dumb penalties. Frank Clark is the worst contract KC may have ever signed.

Eric Berry still wins that everytime

1 hour ago, Thegoatee said:

You know if Hardman doesn’t line up offsides and Andy does call a TO it’s 10-6 going into half.   10-9 after our first drive in the 3rd.  The defense didn’t lose this game for us.   While Jones penalty hurt it didn’t kill us.  Clark played well early on and then when they had a big lead they ran big personnel and took advantage of our linebackers because they had the lead and there weren’t any opportunities for thise guys to make huge plays.  

As to your question.  CJ is very tradable but Frank is not.   We are stuck with him for 2 more years.   Best way to get the most out of them is put someone who can pressure opposite Clark.   You win in this league by generating pressure and our offense normally puts pressure on other teams to score and pass.   The boneheaded decision of Hardman, Reid and the bad refs put our defense in a ridiculous hole.  

10-9 with half the 3rd to play is anyone’s ball game.    Two idiotic plays (offsides and that TO).   Sure the refs screwed us but those two plays we brought on ourself and cost us the most.   

3 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

You know if Hardman doesn’t line up offsides and Andy does call a TO it’s 10-6 going into half.   10-9 after our first drive in the 3rd.  The defense didn’t lose this game for us.   While Jones penalty hurt it didn’t kill us.  Clark played well early on and then when they had a big lead they ran big personnel and took advantage of our linebackers because they had the lead and there weren’t any opportunities for thise guys to make huge plays.  

As to your question.  CJ is very tradable but Frank is not.   We are stuck with him for 2 more years.   Best way to get the most out of them is put someone who can pressure opposite Clark.   You win in this league by generating pressure and our offense normally puts pressure on other teams to score and pass.   The boneheaded decision of Hardman, Reid and the bad refs put our defense in a ridiculous hole.  

10-9 with half the 3rd to play is anyone’s ball game.    Two idiotic plays (offsides and that TO).   Sure the refs screwed us but those two plays we brought on ourself and cost us the most.   

I am looking more at the total volume of their work. Clark played good to impactful the second half of last year. He was a ghost almost all of 2020. Jones hasn’t lived up to his 2018 season. He is committing more penalties and getting less sacks.

12 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

I am looking more at the total volume of their work. Clark played good to impactful the second half of last year. He was a ghost almost all of 2020. Jones hasn’t lived up to his 2018 season. He is committing more penalties and getting less sacks.

I totally agree that neither played up to their contract this year and while I do believe the refs screwed us, I don’t like players say that to the media.   Especially the guy who couldn’t keep his cool.   They played him like a chump.   I just think the best solution is adding at this point in time.   I love Franks attitude just not so much his production.   I think Chris is mentally soft but he can do what few in this league can.   Kinda stuck at the moment.

2 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

I totally agree that neither played up to their contract this year and while I do believe the refs screwed us, I don’t like players say that to the media.   Especially the guy who couldn’t keep his cool.   They played him like a chump.   I just think the best solution is adding at this point in time.   I love Franks attitude just not so much his production.   I think Chris is mentally soft but he can do what few in this league can.   Kinda stuck at the moment.

I intentionally tuned out today, didn't have anything Chiefs outside of this forum.  Players publicly criticized the officiating? 

On 2/7/2021 at 10:30 PM, moons314 said:

Britt Reid  POS potentially ruined lives and created an unnecessary distraction days before the biggest fucking game of the year

Watkins     Feels like we paid him a million dollars a game since he played in so few

Wylie   Garbage.  Disgraced his position in the super bowl

Robinson  UFA, unreliable, time to move on

Fisher  slightly above average LT coming off of a serious injury, on the wrong side of 30, no thanks

Okafor  FA, non factor this year 

Reiter    More dead weight on the line 

Schwartz   Contract is up, and giving another contract to a 32 year old tackle coming off of a back injury would be stupid. 

We're stuck with some high priced garbage like Clark and Hitchens because the dead money would be too much to absorb.   I'd be down with cutting Hardman, but we don't have enough bodies to dump him, so we need to find some talent to push his worthless as down the depth chart. 

Mathieu has to be a restructure, unless he refuses, then he's got to go, just from a cap perspective, because we'd save 15 million by releasing him.  

This offseason and next have to be about getting out of big contracts, and getting younger at some positions.

Who am I missing that deserves to be tarred and feathered?

Remmers.  How did I forget Remmers?

One down, hopefully it's permanent

Get Julio Jones or OBJ. Need a 3rd option. If Kelce and Hill are covered nobody else can be a reliable 3rd in this offense. Veach has neglected a TE #2 for a minute. Looked how the Bucs ripped us with Gronk and Brate. Not to mention they had a stud 3rd TE who went out earlier this yesr in OJ Howard. Orsen Charles, Blake Bell, Yelder, and Keizer. Not sure these players make another roster let alone be a 2nd TE. Other thing is, Kelce is getting up there. No guarantee he can stay fully healthy with the ground and pound he takes every year. Gotta lift some weight on him if we want him to last. One injured star on offense sets us back big time.

Willie Gay over Ben Nieman please. We’ve addressed this all year. It just happened to bite us in the super bowl how weak we are in the line backing department. 

The offensive line that played Sunday, we wouldn’t have won last years super bowl. Address that full force and find Watkins replacement. 

Should be good. No AFC team can beat us in the playoffs. 

5 hours ago, DefensiveMan said:

Get Julio Jones or OBJ. Need a 3rd option. If Kelce and Hill are covered nobody else can be a reliable 3rd in this offense. Veach has neglected a TE #2 for a minute. Looked how the Bucs ripped us with Gronk and Brate. Not to mention they had a stud 3rd TE who went out earlier this yesr in OJ Howard. Orsen Charles, Blake Bell, Yelder, and Keizer. Not sure these players make another roster let alone be a 2nd TE. Other thing is, Kelce is getting up there. No guarantee he can stay fully healthy with the ground and pound he takes every year. Gotta lift some weight on him if we want him to last. One injured star on offense sets us back big time.

We got bigger needs but I would love the Titan TE Smith. I feel he could be a monster.

7 hours ago, Chiefmanzada said:

Willie Gay over Ben Nieman please. We’ve addressed this all year. It just happened to bite us in the super bowl how weak we are in the line backing department. 

The offensive line that played Sunday, we wouldn’t have won last years super bowl. Address that full force and find Watkins replacement. 

Should be good. No AFC team can beat us in the playoffs. 

Nieman is who he is , but watching this...forget the title. Sorenson was absolutely getting mismatched all over the field. Bucs attacked him.