People who should be gone before next year

13 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

We shouldn’t forget to add punter townsend to the list of needs to be gone. Don’t care if he is a rookie, he sucked all year, o yeah, and TOUB

I don’t know if he should be gone but you have to wonder if it’s coincidence Butker started missing when he took over.   With that said, he isn’t why we lost.

5 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I don’t know if he should be gone but you have to wonder if it’s coincidence Butker started missing when he took over.   With that said, he isn’t why we lost.

Not the reason why we lost, its just i want to simultaneously take toubs power away by getting rid of his choice of punter and try to upgrade. I really don’t think inserting a different random rookie will be a downgrade from what i saw

Townsend definitely has some nice leg power but the learning curve may have been steeper for him than usual. A weaker Colquitt would have done a better job all year long but we would need to go through the learning curve of a new punter eventually. He wasn't a difference maker by no means (negative or positive) but I don't know about his impact on Butker's terrible performance. 

6 hours ago, sith13 said:

Townsend definitely has some nice leg power but the learning curve may have been steeper for him than usual. A weaker Colquitt would have done a better job all year long but we would need to go through the learning curve of a new punter eventually. He wasn't a difference maker by no means (negative or positive) but I don't know about his impact on Butker's terrible performance. 

His position on this team will ultimately be determined by his holding abilities or lack there of.   Reality is this team isn’t built to need great field position.  Our offense is too good and paying anywhere more than a 1 million for a punter is not something this team can afford.   I think he will be fine.  He will learn from his SB jitters and be ready to roll next year.

6 hours ago, sith13 said:

That was diagnosed as a Butker issue and fixed prior to the AFCCG. There was an article posted in that regards a few weeks ago

22 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

His position on this team will ultimately be determined by his holding abilities or lack there of.   Reality is this team isn’t built to need great field position.  Our offense is too good and paying anywhere more than a 1 million for a punter is not something this team can afford.   I think he will be fine.  He will learn from his SB jitters and be ready to roll next year.

He was mediocre all year and shit his pants in the SB. That kid Jack Fox that they brought in to "compete" with Colquitt in camp a few yrs ago, led the league in punting for much of the year for the Lions. 

It's a position that can be addressed without dedicating any draft capital. It would be negligent NOT to bring UDFAs in from this clsss to try and take the job from Townsend. 

Plus his hair gets on my fuckin nerves.

Important NFL dates, times for Chiefs in 2021 offseason

Charles Goldman

Fri, February 12, 2021, 6:30 AM

The Kansas City Chiefs have shifted to offseason mode and are already hard at work preparing for the 2021 NFL season. The new league year, the start of the NFL’s free agency period and the 2021 NFL draft are just a few of the important events arriving later this spring.

Here’s a quick look at the upcoming NFL calendar and what fans should be aware of:

Feb. 23: Chiefs DE Alex Okafor's contract for 2021 voids

This is something that the Chiefs fully expect and know is coming. It's significant because it means that Okafor will become a free agent. But it also means the team will incur a charge against the salary cap for the signing bonus proration for the 2021 season. This is the cost of doing business when Kansas City decided to restructure Okafor's contract last season.

February 23 - March 9: Franchise and transition tag window

The Chiefs don't have any clear use for the franchise tag this year. It's not like in seasons past where they could use it as a negotiation tool or had a key player that they wanted to hang onto. The team is not expected to use either tag, but they could always use the transition tag on a potential free agent with the intent of striking a trade. It's unlikely, but it always remains a possibility.

March 10 - 13: Compensatory draft pick announcement

Around this time of the year, the NFL typically announces their compensatory draft picks selections. The Chiefs are projected to receive fourth-round and fifth-round compensatory picks for departures of Kendall Fuller and Emmanuel Ogbah last year. The team has not had a compensatory draft pick since 2019, back when they selected RB Darwin Thompson.

March 15-17: NFL's legal tampering period

This is when teams are "legally" permitted to speak to players from opposing teams who are set to become free agents. Legally, meaning the NFL can't punish teams under their tampering rules during this period. If the Chiefs plan to make a splash in free agency this season, say sign a big-name receiver like Bears wideout Allen Robinson, this is when the groundwork for a contract would be laid out.

March 17: 2021 free agency period and league year begin

All unsigned unrestricted, restricted and exclusive rights free agents that haven't been re-signed are officially allowed to sign with other teams on this date. The Chiefs have a total of 27 players who currently fall under that umbrella. Any cost-cutting measures that the team takes to keep some of their free agents will have to happen before this date too.

March 19: Chiefs contract guarantees kick in

If you're looking for answers on the future of Chiefs RT Mitchell Schwartz, this is the day that you'll find out. Schwartz has a contract guarantee mechanism that triggers on the third day of the new league year, guaranteeing nearly $6 million in base salary. If Kansas City doesn't want to keep Schwartz for the 2021 season, they'll cut or trade him before this day. Other key Chiefs players also have guaranteed money kicking in on this day, such as Patrick Mahomes, Chris Jones and Tyreek Hill. Jones is another player to keep an eye on here as his contract is one that is considered to be tradeable.

April 23: Deadline for RFAs to sign offer sheets

The Chiefs have several key players set to become restricted free agents and a number of them will likely be tendered a contract. Guys who made big contributions this season like Charvarius Ward, Darrel Williams, and Andrew Wylie. Then there are some smaller role players like Ben Niemann and Deon Yelder. If the Chiefs tender those players contracts they can also sign offer sheets from other teams. This needs to happen prior to the draft because teams who lose players are awarded draft compensation.

April 29 - May 1: 2021 NFL draft

Before you know it, it's going to be time for the next wave of rookies to join the Chiefs. You can find out about the draft picks they currently have here. The draft this season will be a challenge, without the normal scouting combine, but several localized scouting combines for teams to attend. Brett Veach and the rest of the NFL won't quite have the same tools they're used to, but Veach has already said that the team has a number of different roadmaps to help them achieve their future goals

26 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

He was mediocre all year and shit his pants in the SB. That kid Jack Fox that they brought in to "compete" with Colquitt in camp a few yrs ago, led the league in punting for much of the year for the Lions. 

It's a position that can be addressed without dedicating any draft capital. It would be negligent NOT to bring UDFAs in from this clsss to try and take the job from Townsend. 

Plus his hair gets on my fuckin nerves.

No team will enter camp with a single guy so they will bring someone in. I think Fox would have stuck around if it wasn't for a great guy in front of him but if someone like him comes around that they feel is better than Townsend I'm guessing the staff would make the move.

The one thing I like about the current staff is that they let Speaks leave in favor of others that deserved to stick around. I doubt they would hold back for Townsend if the same circumstances occur.  

10 hours ago, sith13 said:

Yes. HIs leg is incredibly strong, which means that he can punt MUCH further out of bounds than other punters. It's really impressive. He can kick it clear out of the stadium....sideways