Patrick Mahomes

My dude...I've got FIVE dropped TD passes by my count.

Hill and Williams were the worst, but Pringle, Robinson, and Kelce all had a chance.  Robinson is admittedly a stretch --- hit him in one outstretched hand and he probably doesn't get his second foot in.  Pringle also would have been an insane catch but it was there.

If you've noticed my posts, I'm a complainer.  But there are some points that need to be made. 

Both starting tackles were injured.  That is, what, about 10% of the salary cap? Their replacements were either backups or signed off the street. 

One of the two starting guards opted out and so the Chiefs signed another, who quickly got hurt. 

The Chiefs invested a high draft pick on a player who opted out. 

While the refs (again) worshipped Brady with questionable penalties on the defense against him and while the pundits will be bowing before him, the fact is that five of the top seven Chiefs offensive linemen were hurt.  Switch things around where Brady has a third string offensive line and Mahomes has a real one and see how magical the Great Tom Brady, His Excellence and Lordship, would have done. 

With that said, I slept the first quarter and switched back and forth to a movie for most of the third and almost all the fourth quarter.  The NFL has their cozy relationship with the self-proclaimed Marxist organization, Black Lies Matter, to thank for people losing interest.  And I sorry if people don't like me "bringing politics" into the discussion but I didn't bring it into the discussion, the NFL did. 

Here are the path's that Patrick Mahomes (top) and Tom Brady (bottom) took before pass attempts in shotgun during tonight's #SuperBowl

SuperBowlLVNFL2021.png
Red: complete White: incomplete

5f0c13bd6309acbde3016cd6d641179e_reasona

Sum of Mahomes distance traveled: 468 yards Sum of Brady distance traveled: 37 yards Hah holy shit

Andy Reid didn't help anyone out tonight either.  Once again deep developing route concepts and very little slants and short concepts.   I think Britt was more on his mind that he would ever admit.   If that girl dies he's gone to prison for a good long while.   How can it not affect you as a father.  Don't even get me started on the TO before half.  That alone probably sealed the deal.  

I thought for sure we come out with slants screens to Clyde and quick throws. The bucs front 7 is Damm good and vs are backup oline should of been a no brainer. I feel Tampa's inside linebackers David and White balled out fast and physical and on are guys. 

4 minutes ago, Troyofoc said:

I thought for sure we come out with slants screens to Clyde and quick throws. The bucs front 7 is Damm good and vs are backup oline should of been a no brainer. I feel Tampa's inside linebackers David and White balled out fast and physical and on are guys. 

Agree, but Reids game plan was shit, and quite frankly I feel like pat was holding the ball too long waiting for Hill and Kelce to get open, maybe? Idk...we got drilled and that hasn't happened in the Mahomes era. 

Complete debacle on Reid’s part. 
Veach had done great things but o line hasn’t been one of them and it showed up tonight. 
I would not care if chiefs drafted 7 o line man. 
U throw enough Shit at the wall something has to stick. When u don’t throw , this is what u get. 
mahomes did what he could. 
defense did alright. Hard to overcome those tick tack calls the refs made. 

5 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

Complete debacle on Reid’s part. 
Veach had done great things but o line hasn’t been one of them and it showed up tonight. 
I would not care if chiefs drafted 7 o line man. 
U throw enough Shit at the wall something has to stick. When u don’t throw , this is what u get. 
mahomes did what he could. 
defense did alright. Hard to overcome those tick tack calls the refs made. 

There is some young talent on the roster.  The coaches have to use it though

Rankin- showed he could play last year

Allegretti- played well this year

Durant- showed good things at RG in his only game

Yet we went with Remmers, Wylie,  Reiter,  and Wiz.

All backup types with no upside.  

Why not use Rankin or Durant at RG instead of wiz? 

59 minutes ago, moons314 said:

2 things.  Our line can't block, and our pass rush is complete garbage.  

I think the Oline is more important.  I think the D did enough tonight.  Harding fighting against the refs the entire first half.   But a pass rushing DE opposite Clark is a must.

30 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I think the Oline is more important.  I think the D did enough tonight.  Harding fighting against the refs the entire first half.   But a pass rushing DE opposite Clark is a must.

Yes! Brady completed big passes everytime he had time....Which was everytime we did not blitz.

Gotta get  a pass rusher. 

The next gen stats, posted in the line thread, were horrific for the lines. Offensive line was historically bad. Mahomes ran 497 yards after snap before sack/pass. He was pressured 29 of 56 attempts. 27 of the pressures with 4 or less rushers. Bucs only blitzed 6 times.

Meanwhile, Brady was pressured 4 times in 30 attempts.

Mahomes deserves some credit for trying. The fat men on both sides don’t deserve an NFL jersey after tonight.

1 minute ago, Troyofoc said:

On a lighter note to think this pass hit the reciever in the head.

EtrA0A-VoAANen6.thumb.jpeg.596b64cac895d0440e83ae756a9ff730.jpeg

Today I almost feel more like a Mahomes fan than a Chiefs fan.  Honestly what he did was unreal at times and it's going to get lost to history as a bad game.

The injuries screwed us a lot, the refs screwed us some, we'll never know how much Britt Reid screwed us.  I blame Mahomes approximately 0%.

8 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

Today I almost feel more like a Mahomes fan than a Chiefs fan.  Honestly what he did was unreal at times and it's going to get lost to history as a bad game.

The injuries screwed us a lot, the refs screwed us some, we'll never know how much Britt Reid screwed us.  I blame Mahomes approximately 0%.

Ya can't blame pat for trying to make chicken salad out of the protection from the chicken shit oline he had.

7 minutes ago, Troyofoc said:

On a lighter note to think this pass hit the reciever in the head.

EtrA0A-VoAANen6.thumb.jpeg.596b64cac895d0440e83ae756a9ff730.jpeg

How Williams dropped this pass is a head scratcher.   No one was one him and it hit him in the face.   You have to make that catch.  I know we don't win but you have to help out your qb.    That throw imo was one of the greatest throws in NFL history.    

Like y'all said Mahomes did everything he could and no one helped him out yet this game will be remembered as Mahomes failed and played terrible.   Sad really.

2 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

How Williams dropped this pass is a head scratcher.   No one was one him and it hit him in the face.   You have to make that catch.  I know we don't win but you have to help out your qb.    That throw imo was one of the greatest throws in NFL history.    

Like y'all said Mahomes did everything he could and no one helped him out yet this game will be remembered as Mahomes failed and played terrible.   Sad really.

I agree he should have made the catch, but to play devil's advocate a little; Mahomes throws are so miraculous at times that they're not expecting it. For the most part Hill and Kelce have adjusted to it.

I do remember Kelce saying how different it was compared to Alex Smith a couple of seasons ago.