Our O line was horrible, but the game plan and drops were just as egregious.  Like they just showed up and expected to be given the trophy. One of the worst performances I've ever seen. Not once has a Patrick Mahomes led team looked so bad...3 FG? Line and coaches to blame... and fuck the refs.  

12 hours ago, Thegoatee said:

I think we will eventually learn the Britt Reid stuff sucked the life out of them.

I know we don't want to think this played a part but I know it had to for Andy.   You've lost one son and now this one is probably going to prison and possibly for a really long time.   Andy pulled an Andy coached like a jv coach.   That TO at the end of the half was the straw that broke the camel's back.   14-6 is doable.  21-6 felt insurmountable with our Oline.   

I want to blame the refs because that int was a game changer but........please hear me out.

If Hardman pulls his head out and doesn't line offsides the Bucs have the ball with under 1 minutes and the full length of the field to go up.....10-6.

If Andy doesn't call a TO there it is literally 10-6 at half. 

Even if we don't score a TD after half but kick a fg like we did it is 10-9.

The rest of the game would have been a dog fight but one TD would have made the difference.

One Hill td catch in the first half that hits his helmet, one drive extending catch by Kelce in the first half, one Williams TD catch that hit him in the hands would've and could've made the difference....regardless of the refs and regardless of the horrid oline play.  

It's the little things that add up in a hurry.

This was a winnable game.   Hardman and Reid's decisions are far more egregious than the first half refs.   

I don’t like losing, but they better not, and they will, use this loss ten years from now to discredit Mahomes for GOAT status, IF he gets there. Brady wasn’t 100% either, having lost three times. They’ll say NYG was lucky and Philadelphia an upset but Tampa Bay was good and better than Mahomes. Not my words. But I feel like “flukes” are dismissed but two good teams playing each other carries weight. So right now, yes, but in 10 to 15 years if we get running, even fewer than 7, losing doesn’t change it.

I don’t think anyone will ever win more than Brady. He probably gets at least one more ring too. His game requires a person to be better than 90% of the QBs in the league into his 40s. Also requires an organization that cheats and lots of castoff all stars who suddenly flourish.

18 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

I don’t think anyone will ever win more than Brady. He probably gets at least one more ring too. His game requires a person to be better than 90% of the QBs in the league into his 40s. Also requires an organization that cheats and lots of castoff all stars who suddenly flourish.

shit, the NFL saw tampa tom's record after the KC game and the word came down! they did not lose the rest of the season and that ain't because Arians is some kind of genius or Todd Bowles suddenly figured out how to coach defense....

5 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

I don't think they won't make it back next year.  They went all in this year.  Like literally all in.   Godwin gonna take pennies on the dollar after he won one?   Antonio Brown?  Fournette?  Gronk?  Barrett? David?  Suh?  Haeg?  Stinnie?   

With all those guys and with our OL made up of journeyman and guys off the street we were an offsides and an idiotic TO from being 10-6 going into half.  That has nothing to do with the horrid refs.   10 Freaking 6.     10-9 after our first drive after half.

Let me reiterate.   They have one of the best front 7's in the NFL.    We had an historically bad OL and it could have been 10-9 in the 3rd quarter.   Not counting dropped TD passes, bad ref calls, or bad oline play.  

10-9 after our first 3rd quarter possession changes the entire 2nd half....instead it was 21-9.   

We have work to do in the offseason but there is a clear path to make this O better than anything we've ever seen yet and the same for the D.    

Draft or sign a FA LT, LG, & C,

LDT/Rankin/Allegretti fight for RG/depth

Niang - RT

Draft a WR and sign a FA looking for a ring.

Draft a DE with some pass-rush ability

Bring back Breeland for cheap and Ward too.

Gay and Sneed take a step forward.

Get Nieman and Sorensen off the field.   

Our O is better and our D is better than this year.    

Just now, KC Warpaint said:

shit, the NFL saw tampa tom's record after the KC game and the word came down! they did not lose the rest of the season and that ain't because Arians is some kind of genius or Todd Bowles suddenly figured out how to coach defense....

Truth is we weren't ready to play.   We prepared for two weeks wrong and then couldn't make adjustments on the fly.   Trying to force Hardman the ball in the scripted plays was bad and then we couldn't catch the ball to start the game.  Still.....

One offsides and one dumb timeout on 3rd and 2 changed the score from 10-6 at half to 21-6.    The refs did suck but we were still in the game and they would have gotten the ball back in the 3rd 10-9 after kicked the fg.   Lets say they score a TD like they did.   17-9   We go back down and kick the fg insted of forcing an int I think so its 17-12.   We would have still been in the game until the end.    Refs screwed us for sure but when you are undisciplined everything is compounded.

Jones shoving a guy.......knowing they were going to bait him.    Hardman lining up offside.     Hill dropping a catchable TD pass.  Kelce dropping a key 3rd down reception.  Williams dropping probably one of the greatest throws in NFL history that hit him right in the facemask.   Andy calling a TO.   Mahomes can make up a lot of crap but everyone on his team let him down big time.   

Everyone but Mahomes should be ashamed of their play and ironically Mahomes will take the brunt of the criticism and the narrative will be he failed......smh.

I said it leading up to the SB.   Why shuffle the entire OL around.    Plug Rankin at LT.   The rest of the OL stays the same and has some continuity.   You can help/protect Rankin.   Last night everyone was mixed up and out of sorts.  Mahomes alluded to it.   

Everyone but Mahomes should be ashamed of their play and ironically Mahomes will take the brunt of the criticism and the narrative will be he failed......smh.

anybody who says that doesn't know shit about Football or sports in general.

It has been said time and again on this board, we cannot keep waiting for Patrick to bail us out every game. We bet too many times and eventually

it bit us in the ass at the worst possible time

49 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I said it leading up to the SB.   Why shuffle the entire OL around.    Plug Rankin at LT.   The rest of the OL stays the same and has some continuity.   You can help/protect Rankin.   Last night everyone was mixed up and out of sorts.  Mahomes alluded to it.   

Yup why not give the kid a shot. 

23 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Curious:

I looked at Mahomes stats at the end of the 3rd qtr. His rating was 39; at the half it was 56 i think, then it went down to 34 in the 3rd sometime.

You are saying that was all Oline issues? Not play calling? Not drops? Or bad throws?

It was all of that..The offense looked befuddled all game. They never looked comfortable or in control.

Reid even said in his press conference that he "assumed" that they would just go out and play their game..

He didn't respect the Bucs, therefore he obviously didn't think his oline would be a problem...It's hard for me to believe that he actually said that, but he did.

This game was on him. And I really hoped he learned that you just can't trot some JAGs out on the field and expect NOTHING TO CHANGE.

59 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Curious:

I looked at Mahomes stats at the end of the 3rd qtr. His rating was 39; at the half it was 56 i think, then it went down to 34 in the 3rd sometime.

You are saying that was all Oline issues? Not play calling? Not drops? Or bad throws?

Really don't wanna listen to your crap 1 day removed from the SB....So please just leave

3 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

I don't think they won't make it back next year.  They went all in this year.  Like literally all in.   Godwin gonna take pennies on the dollar after he won one?   Antonio Brown?  Fournette?  Gronk?  Barrett? David?  Suh?  Haeg?  Stinnie?   

With all those guys and with our OL made up of journeyman and guys off the street we were an offsides and an idiotic TO from being 10-6 going into half.  That has nothing to do with the horrid refs.   10 Freaking 6.     10-9 after our first drive after half.

Let me reiterate.   They have one of the best front 7's in the NFL.    We had an historically bad OL and it could have been 10-9 in the 3rd quarter.   Not counting dropped TD passes, bad ref calls, or bad oline play.  

10-9 after our first 3rd quarter possession changes the entire 2nd half....instead it was 21-9.   

We have work to do in the offseason but there is a clear path to make this O better than anything we've ever seen yet and the same for the D.    

Draft or sign a FA LT, LG, & C,

LDT/Rankin/Allegretti fight for RG/depth

Niang - RT

Draft a WR and sign a FA looking for a ring.

Draft a DE with some pass-rush ability

Bring back Breeland for cheap and Ward too.

Gay and Sneed take a step forward.

Get Nieman and Sorensen off the field.   

Our O is better and our D is better than this year.    

I'd let Ward walk.  Guess he might be worth keeping at a very low cost, but his play is worse than in his rookie year and he's contributed very little this year.  Sneed, Baker, Fenton, Breeland and a mid round pick along with BoPete is enough without Ward.