20 minutes ago, jetlord said:

I'd let Ward walk.  Guess he might be worth keeping at a very low cost, but his play is worse than in his rookie year and he's contributed very little this year.  Sneed, Baker, Fenton, Breeland and a mid round pick along with BoPete is enough without Ward.  

I was thinking to bring him back as depth.  He's not great but he knows the system.   

6 hours ago, Thegoatee said:

You cannot breath on or toward the Brady. In the day of COVID, HB should be arrested for attempted murder.

We should have guessed this. Knew this would happen. That first half of calls against the Chiefs was shameful. When it comes to Brady fairness and sportsmanship takes a back seat in the NFL. Brady gets away with murder time and again. Don’t even act like you want to sack Brady cause if you get a paw on his shoulder pad it’s roughing the passer. Sick of this blatant favoritism. 

2 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

Curious:

I looked at Mahomes stats at the end of the 3rd qtr. His rating was 39; at the half it was 56 i think, then it went down to 34 in the 3rd sometime.

You are saying that was all Oline issues? Not play calling? Not drops? Or bad throws?

I don't always understand how the rating works, but as the game went on, we had to become pretty one dimensional.  As we did, their pass rush took over the game.  A few drops did not help.  

5 hours ago, sith13 said:

As a RFA I doubt Ward gets any serious looks. They could easily tender him with a 3rd day pick and he would be back for cheap, if not we at least we get something in return. 

3rd day pick tender is not an option for Ward.  There are only 1st round, 2nd rd, original rd and right of first refusal.  Since he was a udfa, only the first two and last tenders are options.

3 minutes ago, xen said:

3rd day pick tender is not an option for Ward.  There are only 1st round, 2nd rd, original rd and right of first refusal.  Since he was a udfa, only the first two and last tenders are options.

Ouch, Ward doesn't seem like a cheap option to bring back then. Might be better off looking for someone else or let him walk and bring him back cheap.

16 hours ago, Joe_Chief said:

Mahomes played his ass off.  If Beach doesn't get him some OL help Mahomes should shit on his desk.

Mahomes was a fucking warrior.  He looked like the only one trying out there.  He ran for his life all night and still made throws unlike we have ever seen, only to have the receivers drop them.  Hats off to him.

And, yes.  If they don't fix the line, he will be Andrew Luck in 3-4 years, beaten down and out of the game. 

6 minutes ago, SEMO said:

Mahomes was a fucking warrior.  He looked like the only one trying out there.  He ran for his life all night and still made throws unlike we have ever seen, only to have the receivers drop them.  Hats off to him.

And, yes.  If they don't fix the line, he will be Andrew Luck in 3-4 years, beaten down and out of the game. 

Very true, I hadn't thought about that.

Everyone talks about the Bucs blue print to beat us.    Credit to Bowles for the game play for sure.

But to beat us like the Bucs did a team will need a defense as good or better, with a loaded offense that is balanced and 

then we need to trot out Remmers, Allegretti, Reiter, Wis, and Wylie out to start the year on the oline.

Then we need Hardman to line offsides and Andy Reid to call the worst timeout of his career before half.     

People act like the Bucs figured something out about us.........they were a good defense who feasted on the worst oline in SB history and benefited from bone headed undisciplined plays that normally don't happen.

If our Oline gets fixed like it should I believer Mahomes will tear through the NFL next year like a hot knife through butter.    Bucs better hope we don't get that Oline fixed.

We've gotten so accustomed to Mahomes scrambling and making incredible throws. The reason is he's not had decent line since he's been here. Can anyone imagine statues like the Mannings, Brady, Rivers, etc behind a line like ours? They'd be a bunch of David Carrs. Allow yourself, for a moment, to visualize Mahomes dropping back to a clean pocket as often as the above QBs. 

51 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

We've gotten so accustomed to Mahomes scrambling and making incredible throws. The reason is he's not had decent line since he's been here. Can anyone imagine statues like the Mannings, Brady, Rivers, etc behind a line like ours? They'd be a bunch of David Carrs. Allow yourself, for a moment, to visualize Mahomes dropping back to a clean pocket as often as the above QBs. 

N95woj.gif

4 hours ago, azchief21 said:

True, though I think they would do better than Carr due to knowledge and presnap reads. To be clear, I’m talking about Carr and the above, NOT about Mahomes’ presnap reads. I know there’s nothing you can really do when four guys are reaching you (compared to rushers).

On 2/7/2021 at 10:25 PM, moons314 said:

I saw the look on his face too, and I think that was the admission that he knew his line wasn't going to be able to get it done

This is why Andy Reid's game-plan was so perplexing to me...  When your line sucks ass it makes a lot of sense to install a gameplan that protects your QB with short passing and a lot of screens.  Reid didn't bother protecting Mahomes. 

And that clock management at the end of the half - amateur hour. 

On 2/9/2021 at 6:59 PM, BroncoStud said:

This is why Andy Reid's game-plan was so perplexing to me...  When your line sucks ass it makes a lot of sense to install a gameplan that protects your QB with short passing and a lot of screens.  Reid didn't bother protecting Mahomes. 

And that clock management at the end of the half - amateur hour. 

I am up in Philly this week and they are killing Andy on the radio...."Thats the Andy we know"