Just now, Palangi said:

All in saying is I wouldn't close the book on DOD

I am

Closing it on Nieman and some others too. Keep for depth as needed but we need to get better in glaring holes like LB, opposite DE, O line and start looking for a 2nd TE to groom and play along with Kelce. I rather not roll into next year thinking wr have it with DOD as a guy we can count on or Reiter at C etc.

4 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

I could care less. A top 100 drafted player has to be available for one and secondly has to be able to understand the defense. He was a waste of a pick.  Our 2nd and 3rd round picks have been for potential, we need solid starters instead. 

Then stay closed minded.  The kid hasn't gotten a fair shot.  And has played well when given opportunities.  I'm sorry he isn't a hall of fame guy already

4 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

I am

Closing it on Nieman and some others too. Keep for depth as needed but we need to get better in glaring holes like LB, opposite DE, O line and start looking for a 2nd TE to groom and play along with Kelce. I rather not roll into next year thinking wr have it with DOD as a guy we can count on or Reiter at C etc.

Well let us know where all the extra cap room comes from and all the extra draft picks to fill all your holes

1 minute ago, Palangi said:

Well let us know where all the extra cap room comes from and all the extra draft picks to fill all your holes

Been said ad nauseum.  One deal for Mahomes can free up 17 million alone next year. Extend HB, cut Fisher or Schwartz. Re do CJ even if they must but Veach has done wonders with cap space and ability to adjust.  This even if the cap space goes down by 20 million next year. Mahomes deal alone would get us there damn near.

Plenty of things we can do. Sign what we need before draft and go in knowing what we would like. Also figure some may come here for a chance to play for a ring.  We have a great thing going here and players know it. 

6 minutes ago, Palangi said:

Then stay closed minded.  The kid hasn't gotten a fair shot.  And has played well when given opportunities.  I'm sorry he isn't a hall of fame guy already

Lol. Not arguing  with you, but a top 100 player should have done something by now.  Can't get opportunity if you are hurt or don't understand the defense we run. What did he miss this year? Like 6 games? Last year it was 2 or 3? Then the whole new system with new coaches and still can't shine or at least show it with new eyes seeing it all?

Just being realistic here. Sorry you think he is HOF type already. I rather get another in and not rely on him or Nieman other than ST and depth.

3 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Been said ad nauseum.  One deal for Mahomes can free up 17 million alone next year. Extend HB, cut Fisher or Schwartz. Re do CJ even if they must but Veach has done wonders with cap space and ability to adjust.  This even if the cap space goes down by 20 million next year. Mahomes deal alone would get us there damn near.

Plenty of things we can do. Sign what we need before draft and go in knowing what we would like. Also figure some may come here for a chance to play for a ring.  We have a great thing going here and players know it. 

Seems easy enough i guess. 

Just now, kkuenn said:

Lol. Not arguing  with you, but a top 100 player should have done something by now.  Can't get opportunity if you are hurt or don't understand the defense we run. What did he miss this year? Like 6 games? Last year it was 2 or 3? Then the whole new system with new coaches and still can't shine or at least show it with new eyes seeing it all?

Just being realistic here. Sorry you think he is HOF type already. I rather get another in and not rely on him or Nieman other than ST and depth.

👌 

3 minutes ago, Palangi said:

Seems easy enough i guess. 

There was an excellent article I posted in another thread that showed all the options we can do. It was a lot. I will see if I can find it again.

Read it here but a couple moves and we can be 17.5 million under a 182 million cap space projected next year. This and still could do even more if needed. I do believe Veach is a genius on contracts and cap space.

https://www.si.com/nfl/chiefs/gm-report/how-the-chiefs-can-survive-the-2021-salary-cap

6 hours ago, kkuenn said:

There was an excellent article I posted in another thread that showed all the options we can do. It was a lot. I will see if I can find it again.

Read it here but a couple moves and we can be 17.5 million under a 182 million cap space projected next year. This and still could do even more if needed. I do believe Veach is a genius on contracts and cap space.

https://www.si.com/nfl/chiefs/gm-report/how-the-chiefs-can-survive-the-2021-salary-cap

Our contracts guy is Brandt Tillis.  He's so good he got a GM interview with Carolina this offseason based on his contracts, which is kinda stupid.  I assume they came to their senses since they hired someone else.

9 hours ago, Palangi said:

There's probably a reason for it, we don't see what happens every day in practice.  If our offense and maybe even our second team offense is schooling him or he just looks lost then that's probably the reason he's not being used.  He's had two different d-coordinators now so it's not like he was in the dog house with one.  Spags shows he'll play anyone, that's why Danna and Snead stepped up....

On 2/10/2021 at 8:29 AM, Palangi said:

All in saying is I wouldn't close the book on DOD

It's a matter of timing to close the book. I'm not happy with DOD's progress either but can't fix them all at once and DOD seems like a better rotational guy than some on the roster. Wouldn't rely on him being a starter but should be around with his rookie deal IMO.