Watt released

17 hours ago, jetlord said:

Third receiver would be nice, but not a top priority with the lack of O-line and LBs.

I don’t think LB is as big of a need as many think.   We lit the Bucs up with those two amazing lbs when Mahomes had time to throw.   I do think we need to get a coverage back to pair with Gay on Nickel and Dime sets but that guy normally plays 25-30% of the snaps.   Not someone you burn a day one or day two pick on IMO.   Just replace Nieman and we  can tackle Hitchens replacement when his contract permits us to cut his overpriced butt which will be next off-season.   

OL, DE,  & #2 WR via FA and a #3 WR in the draft to groom.   Mecole is a gadget player nothing more.

S, TE2, & Coverage backers are secondary needs.

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

I don’t think LB is as big of a need as many think.   We lit the Bucs up with those two amazing lbs when Mahomes had time to throw.   I do think we need to get a coverage back to pair with Gay on Nickel and Dime sets but that guy normally plays 25-30% of the snaps.   Not someone you burn a day one or day two pick on IMO.   Just replace Nieman and we  can tackle Hitchens replacement when his contract permits us to cut his overpriced butt which will be next off-season.   

OL, DE,  & #2 WR via FA and a #3 WR in the draft to groom.   Mecole is a gadget player nothing more.

S, TE2, & Coverage backers are secondary needs.

Considering how much nickel and dime we have to play that 3rd safety i agree is more important.  Would like to see a safety-LB hybrid for that Sorenson big nickel role.  One who can cover would be nice.  There's a few guys in this draft that would fit the bill.  Nasirildeen in round 2 or 3 might do it.

2 hours ago, xen said:

Disagree.  Oline is obvious.  3rd receiver is a real issue though that must be addressed.  We have 2 receivers under contract for 2021, Tyreek and Mecole.

The key words were "top priority".  The Chiefs offense clicked pretty well without Sammy and Robinson did little.  The team will get another WR and resign Pringle.  It just doesn't have to be a top three pick.  If Amon-Ra St. John fell to them on the second day, maybe take a shot.  But the O-line has to be top and Gay/Hitchens is the only option at LB with Hitch gone next year.  It all depends on how the board shakes out, of course, but WR isn't my top concern. 

5 hours ago, xen said:

Disagree.  Oline is obvious.  3rd receiver is a real issue though that must be addressed.  We have 2 receivers under contract for 2021, Tyreek and Mecole.

Absolutely correct, though I think Pringle is under contract, but that doesn't really change anything.  The offense missed Watkins, though he can't be an option moving forward, his injury issues make him undesirable at any price.  The offensive line and 3rd receiver are more important than any defensive player the Chiefs could acquire, not because defense isn't important, but because pieces around your all world QB are infinitely more important.  This is an offense first team. 

As for the topic at hand, Watt, it would have to be a dirt cheap, short term contract, for me to be remotely interested.  He's a talented dude, but hes 32 and only played 2 full seasons out of the last 6, and i'm beyond tired of paying players to not play.  Berry and Watkins immediately come to mind, and I don't see any benefit of adding Watt to that list.  He's got to be cheap enough that if he misses 8 games we don't have millions of dollars tied up on the sidelines. 

3 hours ago, jetlord said:

The key words were "top priority".  The Chiefs offense clicked pretty well without Sammy and Robinson did little.  The team will get another WR and resign Pringle.  It just doesn't have to be a top three pick.  If Amon-Ra St. John fell to them on the second day, maybe take a shot.  But the O-line has to be top and Gay/Hitchens is the only option at LB with Hitch gone next year.  It all depends on how the board shakes out, of course, but WR isn't my top concern. 

Keep your strengths strong.  The passing game is our bread and butter.  Tackle and WR in some combination of first 2 days of draft and free agency.  Mix a fix at center in there and we'll be fine.

39 minutes ago, moons314 said:

Absolutely correct, though I think Pringle is under contract, but that doesn't really change anything.  The offense missed Watkins, though he can't be an option moving forward, his injury issues make him undesirable at any price.  The offensive line and 3rd receiver are more important than any defensive player the Chiefs could acquire, not because defense isn't important, but because pieces around your all world QB are infinitely more important.  This is an offense first team. 

As for the topic at hand, Watt, it would have to be a dirt cheap, short term contract, for me to be remotely interested.  He's a talented dude, but hes 32 and only played 2 full seasons out of the last 6, and i'm beyond tired of paying players to not play.  Berry and Watkins immediately come to mind, and I don't see any benefit of adding Watt to that list.  He's got to be cheap enough that if he misses 8 games we don't have millions of dollars tied up on the sidelines. 

Don't disagree with any of that.  Pringle is not currently under contract for 2021, though he is an exclusive rights free agent.

6 hours ago, moons314 said:

I agree with this. I think Watt would be valuable in the locker room and next to Jones and Clark. The bolded line nailed. And for this reason, I think we'll be outbid by a lot.

14 hours ago, sith13 said:

With a decent Safety playing close to the box Hitchens & Gay could be a decent LB duo next year. Still need a solid guy to add to the mix but replacing Dirty Dan with a decent guy might make a huge difference. 

Who are some good options in the draft for that hybrid LB/S?   

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

One I know of that will be there later is Hamsah Nasirildeen. He has some injury issue but that was in 2019 for knee. 

Hamsah Nasirildeen’s best fits in the 2021 NFL Draft

In the right role, Nasirildeen can be an impact defender. And given the relative scarcity of talent in the safety class, teams could bet on Nasirildeen if his medicals check out. Depending on how he tests at the NFL Combine, Nasirildeen could go anywhere from Round 2 to early Day 3. Even if his 40-time doesn’t wow people, certain teams will like his versatility and instincts, and as long as he confirms his explosiveness, he’ll have security on the draft board.

17 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Hamsah Nasirildeen’s best fits in the 2021 NFL Draft

In the right role, Nasirildeen can be an impact defender. And given the relative scarcity of talent in the safety class, teams could bet on Nasirildeen if his medicals check out. Depending on how he tests at the NFL Combine, Nasirildeen could go anywhere from Round 2 to early Day 3. Even if his 40-time doesn’t wow people, certain teams will like his versatility and instincts, and as long as he confirms his explosiveness, he’ll have security on the draft board.

Sounds like a decent 3rd round pick after a couple linemen to start the draft. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Watt plays very well the next 3 years for his new team.  Seems to be healthy now and I can't believe he is only 31.  Sadly I just don't see anyway he becomes a Chief unless some major trade goes down to get cap relief and Watt becomes a need.

If Nasirildeen checks out medically he is such an easy mover in the backfield I think he'll go 2nd round due to lack of competition at that role in the draft.

Owusu-Koramoah is another one however he'll likely go in the first.  

Of the big nickel types there's a few small school guys that are late day 3/udfa types.  That's about it.

Chazz Surratt is a good mover but more of a Will body type.

3 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Read somewhere that Nasildreen was super stiff at the Senior Bowl and didn't impress.   

He's still coming back from an ACL tear.  Managed to get back on the field but will probably be this fall before he looks like himself again.  He's not a stiff player without the injury.  Quite the opposite.

13 minutes ago, xen said:

He's still coming back from an ACL tear.  Managed to get back on the field but will probably be this fall before he looks like himself again.  He's not a stiff player without the injury.  Quite the opposite.

Ok...hypothetically let's say they let Dirty Dan walk. Would they make 3rd safety a priority? Find someone who can both Zbigniew aytoncover and play in the box, which in turn would seem to lessen the need for another 3 down LB.

Or was this a role they had Sorensen play out of necessity? And what does it say about your linebackers when your Sorenson is a better option there than anyone else in the group? 

8 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Read somewhere that Nasildreen was super stiff at the Senior Bowl and didn't impress.   

Christian Uphoff of Illinois state is one to keep an eye on.  A 6'3" 213 safety very athletic and to end speed.  Was voted mvp for safeties on the national team at the senior bowl. 

Could be a dirty Dan replacement in the 4th round

7 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Ok...hypothetically let's say they let Dirty Dan walk. Would they make 3rd safety a priority? Find someone who can both Zbigniew aytoncover and play in the box, which in turn would seem to lessen the need for another 3 down LB.

Or was this a role they had Sorensen play out of necessity? And what does it say about your linebackers when your Sorenson is a better option there than anyone else in the group? 

I think it was mostly a coverage choice which has been an issue with the Chiefs LBs for quite a while. I don't know if they go for another guy of the same type but wouldn't be surprised if they do since Dirty Dan got the snaps over pretty much anyone at LB. 

7 hours ago, Palangi said:

Christian Uphoff of Illinois state is one to keep an eye on.  A 6'3" 213 safety very athletic and to end speed.  Was voted mvp for safeties on the national team at the senior bowl. 

Could be a dirty Dan replacement in the 4th round

That's one of the small school guys I was thinking of.  Not sure how much the senior bowl helps him as a small school guy with a year off so he could still go later on day 3.  Really like him for our D.  I agree he would be a good pick even as early as round 4.

13 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Repeat GIFs | Tenor