3 – Patrick Jones II EDGE Pittsburgh

4 – Daelin Hayes EDGE Notre Dame

4 – (comp. Fuller) – Tony Fields II LB West Virginia

5 – Tre McKitty TE Georgia

5 – (comp. Ogbah) – Olaijah Griffin CB USC

6 – (from Miami) – James Empey C BYU

2021 6th traded to Tenn to move up for Keyes

2021 7th traded to Miami along with Washington for Miami’s 6th

Comp projections per https://overthecap.com/compensatory-draft-picks-cancellation-chart/

Roster:

QB:  Patrick Mahomes, Chad Henne, Jordan Ta”amu

RB:  Clyde Edwards-Helaire, Darrell Williams, Darwin Thompson

WR:  Tyreek Hill, Mecole Hardman, Byron Pringle, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Antonio Calloway

TE:  Travis Kelce, Nick Keizer, Tre McKitty

OT:  Jalen Mayfield, Lucas Niang, Mike Remmers, Martinas Rankin, Prince Tega-Wonogho

OG:  Nick Allegretti, Laurent Duvernay-Tardiff, Yasir Durant

C - David Andrews, James Empey

DE:  Frank Clark, Taco Charlton, Mike Danna, Patrick Jones II, Daelin Hayes

DT:  Chris Jones, Derrick Nnadi, Tershawn Wharton, Khalen Saunders

LB:  Anthony Hitchens, Willie Gay, Damien Wilson, Tony Fields II, Dorian O’Daniel

CB:  L’Jarius Sneed, Charvious Ward, DeAndre Baker, Rashad Fenton, BoPete Keyes, Alex Brown, Olaijah Griffin

S:  Tyrann Mathieu, Juan Thornhill, Josh Jones, Armani Watts, Rodney Clemons

K:  Harrison Butker

P:  Tommy Townsend

LS:  James Winchester

37 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

What happens to Fisher?

His injury could keep him out all year.  Big guys with achilles tears don’t usually heal quickly.

Who knows.  Even if Fish can get back, they can find a spot for Mayfield.  Versatile.

Mayfield

Allegretti

Andrews

LDT

Niang

I think there is going to be some gems in this draft because quite a few players opted out and their stock is gonna slide but for teams who do their research you can find a stud wr and OL in the later rounds that can help.   Not to say we should address this positions earlier but it’s a good draft for our needs.   

I like your over all off-season.   Not a huge fan of Mayfield but like an OT there.    Fishers injury really screwed us twice.   

9 hours ago, azchief21 said:

Not bad Seems. Not sure I like back-to-back EDGE in the draft. Rather get OL for one of those.

I had a guard in the the 3rd mocked, but just couldn't find room on the depth chart.  It all depends on what LDT is going to do.  If he doesn't play then I will have to adjust.

6 hours ago, jetlord said:

Explain again why they would keep Keizer.  I'd drop Ward as well unless he comes real cheap.  Is the sausage gone? 

Keizer is young and they like him.  They will give him another year.

As far as Ward, I think you are off the mark wanting to dump him.  He is a starting boundary corner that will cost roughly 3.5MM at a 2nd round tender.  He isn't a 1, but he is a more than capable 2, and is cheap.  Him, along with Sneed and Fenton should be fine.  And, then there is Baker, who is the wildcard right now.

4 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

I think there is going to be some gems in this draft because quite a few players opted out and their stock is gonna slide but for teams who do their research you can find a stud wr and OL in the later rounds that can help.   Not to say we should address this positions earlier but it’s a good draft for our needs.   

I like your over all off-season.   Not a huge fan of Mayfield but like an OT there.    Fishers injury really screwed us twice.   

I like Eichenberg a little better as a pure left tackle.  With the state of our line though, I thought Mayfield's versatility fit better.

Chiefs add help in trenches, secondary in post-Super Bowl 2021 NFL mock draft

Charles Goldman
Chiefs Wire
Sat, February 13, 2021, 10:59 AM
9e3dbc21b89ca5a72b6b8561c060ba51

The 2021 NFL draft is just 75 days away and that means that mock draft season will soon be in full swing. Our friends over at Draft Wire recently released updated mock draft projections following the conclusion of Super Bowl LV. This time around they’re drafting in both the first and second round.

So who did the Chiefs grab in their latest mock draft? They started out with some help in the offensive trenches in Round 1 and then moved to reinforce the secondary in Round 2. Check it out:

31. Ohio State OL Wyatt Davis

e2b8bf4a07502460d34dbaee15ea336f

Joe Maiorana-USA TODAY Sports

Davis seems to be a popular pick for the Chiefs in the mock draft world. Our friends over at Touchdown Wire selected him for Kansas City in their first-round mock draft 1.0 back in January. The 6-4 and 315-pound Buckeye is highly decorated, earning the Rimington-Pace Offensive Lineman of the Year Award and a unanimous All-American selection. On the field, he's a tone-setter in the run game and a brick wall in the passing game. While Davis is exactly the type of offensive lineman that the team wants to add on the interior, he might not be what they need. Both Eric Fisher and Mitchell Schwartz are in the final year of their respective contracts. Given the Achilles injury to Fisher and the uncertainty surrounding the future of Schwartz, the Chiefs might opt to add a tackle for insurance. With guys like Samuel Cosmi (34 to NYJ), Dillon Radunz (36 to MIA) and Liam Eichenberg (44 to DAL) still on the board at this pick, I'd have to think they grab one of those players instead.

63. Florida State CB Asante Samuel Jr.

3364d61d81e6bccfb15747de98d0708f

AP Photo/Mark Wallheiser

Samuel Jr. has been a lockdown corner for Florida State for a few seasons now. Even in a shortened 2020 season, he managed to put together a nice season with 22 total tackles, three interceptions and six passes defended. He obviously has the NFL pedigree, with his father Asante Samuel Sr. playing 11 seasons in the NFL, including four seasons with the Eagles under now-Chiefs HC Andy Reid. I wouldn't mind this pick for Kansas City, mainly because he'd be a steal at No. 63. It has also been a while since the Chiefs have invested a high draft pick in the cornerback position. They've proven they don't need to in order to be successful, but it also wouldn't hurt. They're set to possibly lose two starting cornerbacks in Bashaud Breeland and Charvarius Ward this offseason. This could help cement that position group for the next several years.

4 hours ago, xen said:

Mayfield would be a great pick.  As a backup pick i also like Dillon Radunz in that spot.  Get back to having athletic tackles who can run that outside zone.

Thoughts on Walker Little? I'm thinking someone is going to get a starting LT in like rd 3 because of the lack of PT the last couple yrs.

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Thoughts on Walker Little? I'm thinking someone is going to get a starting LT in like rd 3 because of the lack of PT the last couple yrs.

I think you could just as easily get a bust with Little.  High ceiling but low floor and you can't hide him at guard if he doesn't work out.

I like the player but a lot of unknowns.  I would be much more comfortable with him on day 3 but I think he may go on day 2.

That said, man he has a ton of potential.  Like, All-Pro potential. 

I'll be interested to see his workouts.

5 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Chiefs add help in trenches, secondary in post-Super Bowl 2021 NFL mock draft

Charles Goldman
Chiefs Wire
Sat, February 13, 2021, 10:59 AM
9e3dbc21b89ca5a72b6b8561c060ba51

The 2021 NFL draft is just 75 days away and that means that mock draft season will soon be in full swing. Our friends over at Draft Wire recently released updated mock draft projections following the conclusion of Super Bowl LV. This time around they’re drafting in both the first and second round.

So who did the Chiefs grab in their latest mock draft? They started out with some help in the offensive trenches in Round 1 and then moved to reinforce the secondary in Round 2. Check it out:

31. Ohio State OL Wyatt Davis

e2b8bf4a07502460d34dbaee15ea336f

Joe Maiorana-USA TODAY Sports

Davis seems to be a popular pick for the Chiefs in the mock draft world. Our friends over at Touchdown Wire selected him for Kansas City in their first-round mock draft 1.0 back in January. The 6-4 and 315-pound Buckeye is highly decorated, earning the Rimington-Pace Offensive Lineman of the Year Award and a unanimous All-American selection. On the field, he's a tone-setter in the run game and a brick wall in the passing game. While Davis is exactly the type of offensive lineman that the team wants to add on the interior, he might not be what they need. Both Eric Fisher and Mitchell Schwartz are in the final year of their respective contracts. Given the Achilles injury to Fisher and the uncertainty surrounding the future of Schwartz, the Chiefs might opt to add a tackle for insurance. With guys like Samuel Cosmi (34 to NYJ), Dillon Radunz (36 to MIA) and Liam Eichenberg (44 to DAL) still on the board at this pick, I'd have to think they grab one of those players instead.

63. Florida State CB Asante Samuel Jr.

3364d61d81e6bccfb15747de98d0708f

AP Photo/Mark Wallheiser

Samuel Jr. has been a lockdown corner for Florida State for a few seasons now. Even in a shortened 2020 season, he managed to put together a nice season with 22 total tackles, three interceptions and six passes defended. He obviously has the NFL pedigree, with his father Asante Samuel Sr. playing 11 seasons in the NFL, including four seasons with the Eagles under now-Chiefs HC Andy Reid. I wouldn't mind this pick for Kansas City, mainly because he'd be a steal at No. 63. It has also been a while since the Chiefs have invested a high draft pick in the cornerback position. They've proven they don't need to in order to be successful, but it also wouldn't hurt. They're set to possibly lose two starting cornerbacks in Bashaud Breeland and Charvarius Ward this offseason. This could help cement that position group for the next several years.

That'd be alright i guess.  Samuel would have to play nickel for us though so you'd have to move Sneed back outside.

Like Davis a lot.

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

He’s only played 2 games since the 2018 season.  You have to wonder what kind of shape is he in?  

I like his athleticism and see him as being similar to Fish.  Better at pass pro than in the run game.  Boom/bust project at this point.  We’ll see how he works out.

3 minutes ago, xen said:

I think you could just as easily get a bust with Little.  High ceiling but low floor and you can't hide him at guard if he doesn't work out.

I like the player but a lot of unknowns.  I would be much more comfortable with him on day 3 but I think he may go on day 2.

That said, man he has a ton of potential.  Like, All-Pro potential. 

I'll be interested to see his workouts.

Ha!

2 minutes ago, xen said:

That'd be alright i guess.  Samuel would have to play nickel for us though so you'd have to move Sneed back outside.

Like Davis a lot.

I just think even not resigning Breeland we would be good tendering Ward and drafting a guy late.  It is not a great corner draft anyway.  We need a possession receiver to replace Hammy.  Rather use a day 2 pick on a better pass catching prospect.

Davis would be good.  

2 minutes ago, SEMO said:

I just think even not resigning Breeland we would be good tendering Ward and drafting a guy late.  It is not a great corner draft anyway.  We need a possession receiver to replace Hammy.  Rather use a day 2 pick on a better pass catching prospect.

Davis would be good.  

Yeah I would much rather have OT-Wr in the first 2 rounds than OG-cb.

Until Fisher went down, I might have been okay with an IOL in the first, but no more.  There's no way the Chiefs don't need a starting quality OT for this fall and it better be a good one.  There may be about six drafted on day one, but the board has plenty with potential.  Except for Sewell, Slater, and Darislaw, it's hard to see how they'll be ranked but every time I play with the mock drafts, it seems that passing on OT in the first round means losing out by pick #63.  Gotta get their man on day one.