for your consideration

3 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Didn't CEH average over 7 yds/carry in the SB?    Hardly useless except he wasn't used enough  

How many 3rd and shorts did we convert? We tried..But couldn't do it. CEH was able to get yards against their Nickle and Dime defenses when we were in 2nd/3rd and longs..

1 minute ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I agree, and my knowledge is limited, but I would assume the draftees that played immediately were all four year starters in college.  A four year could step in right away and make the usual mistakes and keep getting better for several years.  Fisher is a perfect example.  Chiefs fans were ready to abandon him after three years, and he was a first pick in the draft. It takes patience, and we have to protect Mahomes.  Any FA vet would be better than what we have now, but this will be a long process to fix that crucial position.

Why does it have to be a long process?  Guys drafted this year may not be instant successes, but they don't have to do much to be better than what was run out at the SB.  One OT and one IOL could instantly change the outlook for line play.  New guy, Allegretti, new guy, Rankin, NIang would take some time to jell but we could feel much better about the playoffs and the future if the Chiefs draft wisely.  If LDT, Remmers, Wylie, etc. find their way back on the team, then the Chiefs have some backups.  It might not be bad if they drafted even a third O-line if Meinerz or Moore dropped to the fifth.  The Chiefs have eight picks in the first six rounds.  

What has me concerned is the idea that we trot out Wylie, Reiter and LDT and just draft a LT.    There is a whole facet of our offense that has yet to be hardly touched and that is the run game and rb passing game.   If our Oline was even avg we could have gashed that TB defense by running and passing to our backs, but because the Oline was so poor it didn't give time for routes to develop, or holes to run in.    I wouldn't mind seeing 4-5 new faces starting on that Oline next year.     

Like y'all said let the young guys make mistakes and learn and then we have a good Oline for the next 4-5 years.

There may be one or two potential solid starters around here, but mostly too slow and too brittle. Every year I think that they will gel together after 4-5 weeks. Then half of them are hurt all the time and I say, "Oh, yeah. I remember now." Its like getting back with an old girl friend.

Get some talent.  I don't want to have crazy expectations, but a forth rounder would even class up this joint.

43 minutes ago, DieHard said:

There may be one or two potential solid starters around here, but mostly too slow and too brittle. Every year I think that they will gel together after 4-5 weeks. Then half of them are hurt all the time and I say, "Oh, yeah. I remember now." Its like getting back with an old girl friend.

Get some talent.  I don't want to have crazy expectations, but a forth rounder would even class up this joint.

Funny but sadly true!

13 hours ago, jetlord said:

Why does it have to be a long process?  Guys drafted this year may not be instant successes, but they don't have to do much to be better than what was run out at the SB.  One OT and one IOL could instantly change the outlook for line play.  New guy, Allegretti, new guy, Rankin, NIang would take some time to jell but we could feel much better about the playoffs and the future if the Chiefs draft wisely.  If LDT, Remmers, Wylie, etc. find their way back on the team, then the Chiefs have some backups.  It might not be bad if they drafted even a third O-line if Meinerz or Moore dropped to the fifth.  The Chiefs have eight picks in the first six rounds.  

Definitely need to play the numbers game with the OL. Grab two solid guys to start and add another one early on the 3rd day to compete for a starting job. 

I do agree that we need to invest in the line but my queston is will Andy start 2 guys that have no starting nfl experience at the tackle position. Niang may start at RT and even though he isn't a rook might as well be as i don't think he was even allowed to be around the team this year.   I don't think Andy will start 2 tackles with no experience.   I would bet their will be a vet at one of the OT positions.   

1 hour ago, Okiechief1 said:

I do agree that we need to invest in the line but my queston is will Andy start 2 guys that have no starting nfl experience at the tackle position. Niang may start at RT and even though he isn't a rook might as well be as i don't think he was even allowed to be around the team this year.   I don't think Andy will start 2 tackles with no experience.   I would bet their will be a vet at one of the OT positions.   

yup

1 hour ago, Okiechief1 said:

I wouldn't mind a vet chasing a ring. However if the idea of a vet is someone like Reiter or Wylie then any pick we pass up is a huge waste. 

4 hours ago, Okiechief1 said:

You may be right, but it's not all about this season.  It's about building a line that will run block and protect Mahomes for the next five years  If the Chiefs draf a n OT in the first and IOL in the third, they might both start or if the team finds a vet OT for a year on a ring chasing deal, then okay, they have a little more experience next season.  We have to assume that Fisher and Schwartz won't be back this fall.  Same with Osemele  Anything from them would just help the process of instilling a new line for the longer term. 

11 hours ago, Okiechief1 said:

Really? He had no problem starting Wylie and Remmers in the biggest game.  

They're vets,  let's resign them....

9 hours ago, Palangi said:

Really? He had no problem starting Wylie and Remmers in the biggest game.  

They're vets,  let's resign them....

Remmers played very well for us this year except obviously in the one game where he had no business being at left tackle.

Remmers would be a good resigning.  He just needs to be a backup swing RT/OG.

Frankly I thought he was trash when we signed him but he did surprise me.  

8 hours ago, xen said:

Remmers played very well for us this year except obviously in the one game where he had no business being at left tackle.

Remmers would be a good resigning.  He just needs to be a backup swing RT/OG.

Frankly I thought he was trash when we signed him but he did surprise me.  

I agree on Remmers. But like you said as depth only