Free agent rumor(s)

14 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I would love to have him but some team on that list is going to be able to pay him more than we are and while it would be fun lining him up next to CJ I think its going to be a hard pass.   

I'd make him a solid offer, but I wouldn't over pay. We have too many urgent deficiencies to fill.

It would be nice tho...Him and CJ on the interior with a good rookie DE screaming off the edge..(notice I didn't mention frank clark..)

Just a quick question for you all. We know Watt, but two other FA out there long in the tooth too, but good are Houston or Von Miller. We have other vet options out there as needed. Any thoughts on these two? Personally I would go Von Miller over Houston for my choice. 

5 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Just a quick question for you all. We know Watt, but two other FA out there long in the tooth too, but good are Houston or Von Miller. We have other vet options out there as needed. Any thoughts on these two? Personally I would go Von Miller over Houston for my choice. 

Von Miller in a heart beat .. Houston is out of gas and any more talk of Watt coming to KC is just Beaver Cleaver dreaming. It seems  that the Browns are favored

2 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Justin Houston is a vastly superior player to von miller in my opinion  

Vastly? Von has been injury free until last year. Has much better stats and plays with a non stop motor.  I think opposite of Clark and with CJ he would be a wrecking ball. I would take Von all day because of his competitvenss and leadership. 

24 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Vastly? Von has been injury free until last year. Has much better stats and plays with a non stop motor.  I think opposite of Clark and with CJ he would be a wrecking ball. I would take Von all day because of his competitvenss and leadership. 

Houston is the smartest edge player ive ever seen, sniffing out screens, reverses, bootlegs, stuffs the run, and its a competent rusher

18 minutes ago, qnet said:

While it would be nice to have Houston return to KC for one last run, I agree about taking Von miller over him. That's if the Chiefs can even afford to do so.

Well the cost is an entirely different story.  Von doesn't have to chase a ring like JJ.  He should be able to get another decent contract even at his age and with the ACL.  I just don't see him wanting to pay to get another ring.  I was just comparing strictly as players but the cost likely puts Von put of our price range.

13 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Houston has 19 sacks the last 2 years. Why do you say he's out of gas?

I mean Houston wouldn’t be my first choice over JJ and Von but he could come SUPER cheap to come finish up in KC

PLUS I’m sure playing DE for Spags is a little better than OLB for Sutton hahaha