Free agent rumor(s)

The Justin Houston situation always puzzled me.

It's all hearsay, but Soren Petro said  it was perceived by Houston (during his contract negotiations) that some of the white players contracts were addressed before his. He said that is were all the bad blood between Houston and the Chiefs started. I hope that wasn't the case, but who knows. 

1 hour ago, qnet said:

It's all hearsay, but Soren Petro said  it was perceived by Houston (during his contract negotiations) that some of the white players contracts were addressed before his. He said that is were all the bad blood between Houston and the Chiefs started. I hope that wasn't the case, but who knows. 

Meh don’t buy it.  I can’t think of anyone white that got a large contract besides maybe Schwartz.  Maybe he meant to say players afraid of white horses /shrug

2 hours ago, qnet said:

Anyone believes that, I've got some oceanfront property in Kansas to sell...  I'm not saying I have sources, it's just that the entire idea is that ridiculous.   

35 minutes ago, moons314 said:

Anyone believes that, I've got some oceanfront property in Kansas to sell...  I'm not saying I have sources, it's just that the entire idea is that ridiculous.   

No, it was just Dorsey fumbling around and fucking up yet another negotiation and contract.  The guy is a hell of a talent evaluator but man could he screw up a cap situation. 

7 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/02/19/packers-cut-christian-kirksey-rick-wagner/

Wagner's been solid his whole career. 

Kirksey has been hurt and graded out horribly the last 3 seasons.

Both of those guys would be massive upgrades on this team and neither are amazing players.  

11 hours ago, qnet said:

Consider the source

6 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I always considered Soren to be one of the more reliable and even headed of all the KC Sports Jocs.. He and Grunny seem to get along real good and I am sure much of his info comes from him..but to each his own

It very well could be true but I’m having a hard time finding a white players contract that would of effected Houston’s.  Kelce maybe, but Houston was given his big contract a year before Kelce got resigned soooo just don’t know.

without getting in the weeds on this  that very well may of been JH's perception whether it was real or not I really dont know. What I do know is that  his and EB's contracts really put the  screws to the Chiefs..not that I'm blaming them but they laughed all the way to the bank for minimal play time

2 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

without getting in the weeds on this  that very well may of been JH's perception whether it was real or not I really dont know. What I do know is that  his and EB's contracts really put the  screws to the Chiefs..not that I'm blaming them but they laughed all the way to the bank for minimal play time

It was the Chiefs own fault in a way.  Houston wanted a new contract but was denied then gambled on himself and had the 20 plus sack season.  Had the Chiefs signed him knowing he was a good player they would have saved 10's of millions of dollars.  Which come to think of it was probably why he was upset that he didn't get his contract reworked before that year, because he did outplay that 3rd round deal.

With all that said who could have seen those two getting career altering injuries and Houston having to play in Bob Sutton's idiotic defense.   Both contracts were crippling to the organization but like you said can't blame them for wanting to get theirs.   

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

Yeah. Dorsey playing hardball not signing them a year earlier, both contracts cost more and got one less year of productivity out of both. Not to mention he alienated both of them in the process. 

That guy was a pompous ass. Calling Maclin and leaving him a vm telling him he was being released. Without talking to Reid about it first, after Reid had attended Maclins wedding shortly before.

That combined with his cap mismanagement was the end of the line for him. 

I believe Schwartz was the player Petro was referring to in the Houston situation. It was hearsay like I said, and he was real careful to let listeners know that it was. He was concerned - if true - this situation may be influencing Chris Jones during his contract stuff. 

I agree what was brought up about Dorsey and not signing EB & Houston soon enough. 

So far Veach seems to be doing a little better, but he's got his work cut out for him this time. 

Houston has no reason to be upset with the Chiefs. His injury derailed a possible Hall of Fame career and worse it was done by friendly fire by a Chiefs player. He got paid handsomely and was a shell of his former self. He could still make a big play now and then but his burst never really returned. He was a bigger (and slower) DT in his prime but a better run stopper. Would have loved to see him flourish here his whole career. I wonder if the NFL would consider some kind of Insurance trade off so when players are injured a percentage of the salary cap can be returned to the team and the player still gets paid. Injuries to Berry and Houston crushed the Chiefs for years.

1 hour ago, Dan4pres said:

Houston has no reason to be upset with the Chiefs. His injury derailed a possible Hall of Fame career and worse it was done by friendly fire by a Chiefs player. He got paid handsomely and was a shell of his former self. He could still make a big play now and then but his burst never really returned. He was a bigger (and slower) DT in his prime but a better run stopper. Would have loved to see him flourish here his whole career. I wonder if the NFL would consider some kind of Insurance trade off so when players are injured a percentage of the salary cap can be returned to the team and the player still gets paid. Injuries to Berry and Houston crushed the Chiefs for years.

Not having a QB crushed the chiefs for years. 

On 2/19/2021 at 7:21 PM, Iluvhouse24 said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/02/19/packers-cut-christian-kirksey-rick-wagner/

Wagner's been solid his whole career. 

Kirksey has been hurt and graded out horribly the last 3 seasons.

Wagner was drafted by the Ravens, developed well. 608 snaos last season allowed only 1 sack. Good veteran talent.

48 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Kelce expected to be released by Eagles to save 5.5 million. I would not mind grabbing him cheaply and drafting behind him too. Them go after a LT or another line type like Wagner or whoever we can afford in FA and solidify with draft.

Why? Just move Allegretti there who showed he can play and was drafted to be a center.  

Why spend it on an aging center on the downside of his career? Why poor money there? Why are the Eagles so ready to release him only to save 5.5 million? They need lineman too. 

13 minutes ago, Palangi said:

Why? Just move Allegretti there who showed he can play and was drafted to be a center.  

Why spend it on an aging center on the downside of his career? Why poor money there? Why are the Eagles so ready to release him only to save 5.5 million? They need lineman too. 

because then we would have two Kelce's on the team.....Duh!!!!!!

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

Kelce expected to be released by Eagles to save 5.5 million. I would not mind grabbing him cheaply and drafting behind him too. Them go after a LT or another line type like Wagner or whoever we can afford in FA and solidify with draft.

^^^^^ a 1000x's yes  but oddly enough it seemed he had seriously contemplated Retirement so I wonder if the Eagles just decided to beat him to the punch

16 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

^^^^^ a 1000x's yes  but oddly enough it seemed he had seriously contemplated Retirement so I wonder if the Eagles just decided to beat him to the punch

Jason Peters is going to be a free agent too. He was the best LT in the league 5 years ago.  And he a VET. 

Let's get him too, right.!?0

2 hours ago, kkuenn said:

100%. I think we should, and will be in on this.

2 hours ago, kkuenn said:

BTW where did you read this? I cant find it anywhere.