Free agent rumor(s)

Also see my previous post about Wagner and able to draft center etc. I am not hell bent on a vet. I am hell bent on getting the best line for Mahomes.  Allegretti does not seem to fit from what we have not seen from him at center play. This does not leave me warm and fuzzy if they just gave it to him because they liked what they saw 2 years ago and up to now

Just now, kkuenn said:

I don't care who they bring in as long as it is an upgrade. I have said it and put out there Kelce looks to be available. I even said draft one too if we get him. You are the one hell bent on Allegretti to center. Why?

Does it save you money to be used elsewhere even though he may get Mahomes killed playing there? Maybe it saves a pick in the draft? I mean we have been skimping on the higher line picks so much we want a 7th round pick to play at a position he has not shown much at? All this to save picks for what then? 

Oh boy.......

The issue is you think this is kelce of 3 years ago. It's not. But he a bet and travis brother so he definitely wouldn't get Mahomes killed,  right? 

1 minute ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

you two should just agree to disagree and move on with your lives.

Yeah I am done. Did the dance before with him in the exact thing. I will congrats to anyone if Allegretti process me wrong at center. I highly doubt I will have to do so.

1 minute ago, Palangi said:

Oh boy.......

The issue is you think this is kelce of 3 years ago. It's not. But he a bet and travis brother so he definitely wouldn't get Mahomes killed,  right? 

No, you don't read well. I am interested in getting what we can for an upgrade. If kelce great, but I still want to draft another behind him. 

30 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

I don’t know if kelce can still play or not, but don’t write him off just because the eagles are trying to dump his salary, the eagles are clearly tanking next season

That could be the case. 

But at 33 years old athleticism will be the first thing to go for a 300 lb guy.  Not strength.  And athleticism was already kelce game.  Not strength

Kelce is still a really good center.  Yes age is a concern, but he'd be a terrific stopgap.  The iggles cap is in horrible shape and now they have to eat that Wentz contract.  That's the only reason he might be available.

Kelce as a stopgap would buy you time in the next 2 drafts to find a center.

1 hour ago, xen said:

Kelce is still a really good center.  Yes age is a concern, but he'd be a terrific stopgap.  The iggles cap is in horrible shape and now they have to eat that Wentz contract.  That's the only reason he might be available.

At 5.5 million it doesn't do much to cut kelce.  There are worse contracts on that team than him to cut. Yet they started with him.  That raises red flags

3 minutes ago, Palangi said:

At 5.5 million it doesn't do much to cut kelce.  There are worse contracts on that team than him to cut. Yet they started with him.  That raises red flags

Nah it's about respect on this guy.  Iggles are in for a major rebuild and they know it. 

9 hours ago, Palangi said:

That could be the case. 

But at 33 years old athleticism will be the first thing to go for a 300 lb guy.  Not strength.  And athleticism was already kelce game.  Not strength

I kinda look at the Kelce signing as a put a fire under our young guys butts.  Maybe Allegretti needs an extra push and I agree about Kelce’s game being 90% athleticism/technical.  Brining in Kelce could be the best thing for our young guys to see how a vet has remained a top 3 player at his position year after year.

If cheap I think it’s a win win all the way around.  Hopefully Allegretti watches and learns from Kelce for when he does slip up from Father Time Allegretti is there to start his 10 year career as Mahomes guy!

1 hour ago, Balto said:

I kinda look at the Kelce signing as a put a fire under our young guys butts.  Maybe Allegretti needs an extra push and I agree about Kelce’s game being 90% athleticism/technical.  Brining in Kelce could be the best thing for our young guys to see how a vet has remained a top 3 player at his position year after year.

If cheap I think it’s a win win all the way around.  Hopefully Allegretti watches and learns from Kelce for when he does slip up from Father Time Allegretti is there to start his 10 year career as Mahomes guy!

I would rather leave Allegretti at guard where you can better hide his lack of athleticism.  

1 hour ago, Palangi said:

https://arrowheadguys.com/nick-allegretti-the-next-starting-center/

Being big doesn't mean you lack athleticism. 

I was speaking more to pass blocking.  He doesn't typically display the side to side agility in pass pro that Andy likes and quick DTs may eat his lunch in the middle.  That said he's a smart player so maybe he'd be ok with some scheme adjustments and some better guard play on either side.

10 hours ago, xen said:

Why not just find one this year and forget about Kelce?

I'd think if Jason and Tavis have already discussed  him coming here  and it is hard to think it hasn't happened and Jason wants to come Trav is doing the hard sell to Andy and IF Jason is coming it wont be long into FA when it happens. Jason  IMO will either retire or be a Chief I just cant see it happen any other way

23 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I'd think if Jason and Tavis have already discussed  him coming here  and it is hard to think it hasn't happened and Jason wants to come Trav is doing the hard sell to Andy and IF Jason is coming it wont be long into FA when it happens. Jason  IMO will either retire or be a Chief I just cant see it happen any other way

This, I don’t think jason would come to KC and play like dog feces. It makes sense to me he would be honest with travis if he has anything left in the tank or not.

1 hour ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

This, I don’t think jason would come to KC and play like dog feces. It makes sense to me he would be honest with travis if he has anything left in the tank or not.

Sometimes as an athlete it's hard to admit if you have it still or not. 

4 hours ago, xen said:

Depends on how the draft board falls.  By the time the draft rolls around free agency is all over but the crying.  

It makes sense to bring in Jason or Von Miller or J.J. only if they come seriously cheap.  Not many who have played at their former levels will devalue themselves enough to make them affordable.

We all assume Jason and Travis want to play together.  You all realize they are different dudes.   Jason is the lunch pale guy and Kelce is the diva (without the drama).   Sometimes family don't do well together.  This is Travis's team and maybe playing together isn't the best for either.    Not saying I know this just a thought.    

After listening to the arrowheadpride podcast they tracked out a path where we could get easily north of 30 million free in cap which is more than enough to grab a couple high end guys.  Why not grab a Trent Williams, Von Miller and a couple mid tier wr's like Josh Reynolds and Marvin Jones.     Draft a Tevin Jenkins in the first.   

Williams, Jenkins, Allegretti, LDT/Rankins, Niang        That would be a nasty left side of the oline for sure.   

5 hours ago, jetlord said:

It makes sense to bring in Jason or Von Miller or J.J. only if they come seriously cheap.  Not many who have played at their former levels will devalue themselves enough to make them affordable.

There are two types of aging veterans; those with a ring and those without one. A SB ring is the best investment later in the career as it solidifies the shot at HOF while allowing some TV deals and such. In that sense I think Watt would come in much cheaper than the other two who already have a ring to show for their awesome careers.

Even though Watt is a rare talent with a great career he might actually earn a lot more by taking less at the end of his playing career.