Free agent rumor(s)

2 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Would he really help if he's injured that much or was last year an exception for him?

I don't know his past really. Would have to look this one up. I put out articles I read and post in possible needs for us.

Just now, kkuenn said:

I don't know his past really. Would have to look this one up. I put out articles I read and post in possible needs for us.

The Chiefs certainly need another starting CB this fall  I'm not a fan of Ward and it's unlikely they can find another Sneed in the middle of the draft.  It's just that paying a FA who can't make starter with his original team after having a injury plagued season is taking a big risk with the cap space so tight.  

9 minutes ago, jetlord said:

The Chiefs certainly need another starting CB this fall  I'm not a fan of Ward and it's unlikely they can find another Sneed in the middle of the draft.  It's just that paying a FA who can't make starter with his original team after having a injury plagued season is taking a big risk with the cap space so tight.  

He played in 15 or 16 games 5 out of 8 years.  The last two he had 9 and 6.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/TrufDe00.htm

Here is his injury history.  Concussion,  pec tear and hamstring.

https://sportsinjurypredictor.com/player/desmond-trufant/6696

31 minutes ago, jetlord said:

DeAndre Baker was a year 1 starter in NY, so he should certainly be able to compete for that role in year 3 here.

33 minutes ago, Palangi said:

Why? 

Sneed

Fenton

Baker

Keyes

One of Ward or breeland will be back

Keyes did shit. Baker did nothing we have seen yet. That leaves just 2 starters for sure. Who knows if ward or breeland are back. Even then with possible injuries happening you would not want better starter, depth or competition? 

2 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Keyes did shit. Baker did nothing we have seen yet. That leaves just 2 starters for sure. Who knows if ward or breeland are back. Even then with possible injuries happening you would not want better starter, depth or competition? 

Ok

Did you know Sneed had done nothing in the NFL until this year? 

Allegretti didn't do anything the first year and was a solid guard this year. 

But you know who had done something before.  Anthony Hitchens.  And we signed him and.....poop.

Good for him  certainly outpriced anything the Chiefs could of come up with

Philadelphia Eagles agree to new 1-year, $9M restructured deal with Jason Kelce

Glenn Erby

Fri, March 5, 2021, 10:15 AM

Philadelphia Eagles

Jason Kelce

The Eagles will have star center Jason Kelce back in 2021 and the Pro Bowler will $9 million in new money and potentially could earn $12 million in incentives.

According to Over The Cap, Kelce had one year left on his deal and three dummy years, with no guaranteed money left.

Kelce had been contemplating retirement this offseason and the three-time All-Pro announced on Instagram that he restructured his contract and will be in Philly for his 11th season.

16 hours ago, Palangi said:

Ok

Did you know Sneed had done nothing in the NFL until this year? 

Allegretti didn't do anything the first year and was a solid guard this year. 

But you know who had done something before.  Anthony Hitchens.  And we signed him and.....poop.

Well at least you have Allegretti as a G. Keyes looked terrible. You have 5 players you named Ilford 3 positions if you go slot CB. Still going to need depth at the least.

41 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Good for him  certainly outpriced anything the Chiefs could of come up with

Philadelphia Eagles agree to new 1-year, $9M restructured deal with Jason Kelce

Glenn Erby

Fri, March 5, 2021, 10:15 AM

Philadelphia Eagles

Jason Kelce

The Eagles will have star center Jason Kelce back in 2021 and the Pro Bowler will $9 million in new money and potentially could earn $12 million in incentives.

According to Over The Cap, Kelce had one year left on his deal and three dummy years, with no guaranteed money left.

Kelce had been contemplating retirement this offseason and the three-time All-Pro announced on Instagram that he restructured his contract and will be in Philly for his 11th season.

There seems to be quite a bit of money going around in the NFL, not sure if we can land any FAs unless some are dying to get rings. 

1 hour ago, sith13 said:

There seems to be quite a bit of money going around in the NFL, not sure if we can land any FAs unless some are dying to get rings. 

Let those teams spend money now.   There will be a rash of cuts and the money will eventually dry up with quite a few good players still available, Veach being patient this offseason is probably for the best.   We don't need superstars to win the SB we need slightly above avg players on the Oline and a couple holes filled with servicable players and then pray our Oline doesn't run into a buzzsaw again.   

3 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Well at least you have Allegretti as a G. Keyes looked terrible. You have 5 players you named Ilford 3 positions if you go slot CB. Still going to need depth at the least.

Sucks about kelce for you.  You going to be ok? 

12 minutes ago, Palangi said:

Sucks about kelce for you.  You going to be ok? 

Yeah. I mean it shows his worth by them resigning him for that much. Also it was a rumor, hence the name of the thread. I will eat crow if Allegretti is our center, will you when he does not?

19 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

I don't think Godwin will move. I'd like to see Golloday or Fuller paired with MVPat

May be an image of 10 people and text that says 'NFL FREE AGENCY RANKINGS TOP 10 WR AVAILABLE ACCORDING To PETE PRISCO CHRIS GODWIN JUJU SMITH SMITH-SCHUSTER ALLEN ROBINSON 7 WILL FULLER KENNY GOLLADAY SAMMY WATKINS CURTIS SAMUEL T.Y. HILTON COREY DAVIS 10 NELSON AGHOLOR OCBS SPORTS'

Fuller?  Just a speedy deep threat Sammy Watkins IMO.   I’d take JuJu or Marvin Jones (shorter term) over Fuller.   Plus’s Fuller drops to many passes.

However, give me Golladay all day long or Allen Robinson.

26 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Yeah. I mean it shows his worth by them resigning him for that much. Also it was a rumor, hence the name of the thread. I will eat crow if Allegretti is our center, will you when he does not?

Man, Kccrow is gonna be super excited to hear that!