Free agent rumor(s)

6 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Yeah. I mean it shows his worth by them resigning him for that much. Also it was a rumor, hence the name of the thread. I will eat crow if Allegretti is our center, will you when he does not?

Did it show Eric Berry with when we do his last hire contract that we finally got off our books this year? 

Money talks right? 

Maybe there is another over the hill center that can give you the warm fuzzies.

6 minutes ago, Palangi said:

Did it show Eric Berry with when we do his last hire contract that we finally got off our books this year? 

Money talks right? 

Maybe they're is another over the hill center that can give you the warm fuzzies.

i'm rootn for Timmy Grunhard

1 hour ago, Palangi said:

Money talks right? 

Maybe they're is another over the hill center that can give you the warm fuzzies.

Lmao. I am sure I can give good signings too. Maybe Tom Brady with TB?  Did not answer the question, will you eat crow?

48 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Lmao. I am sure I can give good signings too. Maybe Tom Brady with TB?  Did not answer the question, will you eat crow?

There is nothing to eat crow over either way.  I just found it funny the hard on you had for kelce.  

3 minutes ago, Palangi said:

There is nothing to eat crow over either way.  I just found it funny the hard on you had for kelce.  

Lol I find it funny you thought of a hard on in a comment about fa rumors at a position of need. Come up for air!

Saw on the ol Twitter that the Chiefs expected to show interest in Jason Peters.   Probably the perfect stopgap for Eric Fisher.   He's old but is still above avg and if he would be willing to slide into G......that left side would be pretty incredible.   Would still like to invest in a future LT either way in the draft.

Saw on the ol Twitter that the Chiefs expected to show interest in Jason Peters.   Probably the perfect stopgap for Eric Fisher.   He's old but is still above avg and if he would be willing to slide into G......that left side would be pretty incredible.   Would still like to invest in a future LT either way in the draft.

Careful I got killed last offseason for suggesting Peters at guard as a stopgap.

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Houston and the team aren't all that friendly.  He didn't leave on the best of terms. 

luvhouse's douchbaggery answer aside Jet there does seem to be some buzz that Houston  might be in the price range the Chiefs could afford since he is 32 but might have year  or 2 left in him. IIRC the problem between Houston was more with Dorsey and how he handled Berry's then his contract  when he did have good point as Dorsey tried to play hardball only to have to later bend over and pay more $$ after career years by both.

15 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

So funny this guy is brought up. Being the shit of Kelce being old vet etc. I don't think we need a G on the left. I believe Allegretti will do well there. Right side we do have depth too, but would he be that much on any improvement to justify it? Can he play RG?

Now if he is signed to play G, they do know he can back up the LT position too.  If we go LT in FA, i hope it is not him. The thought we are looking for a vet though is nice to protect Mahomes nowawithout any growing pains and then get C in the draft.

2 hours ago, kkuenn said:

So funny this guy is brought up. Being the shit of Kelce being old vet etc. I don't think we need a G on the left. I believe Allegretti will do well there. Right side we do have depth too, but would he be that much on any improvement to justify it? Can he play RG?

Now if he is signed to play G, they do know he can back up the LT position too.  If we go LT in FA, i hope it is not him. The thought we are looking for a vet though is nice to protect Mahomes nowawithout any growing pains and then get C in the draft.

He started last year at RG. Finished the year at OT because of injury. The dude has literally never had a season that graded below average. Ever. He would be a great backup plan at LT if Fish isn't ready day 1. And if he is, Peters could play LG and give us every bit of what Osemele did. 

Then kick Allegretti inside to center, which is an idea I know you support and love. Or give us valuable depth on the interior.

51 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

He started last year at RG. Finished the year at OT because of injury. The dude has literally never had a season that graded below average. Ever. He would be a great backup plan at LT if Fish isn't ready day 1. And if he is, Peters could play LG and give us every bit of what Osemele did. 

Then kick Allegretti inside to center, which is an idea I know you support and love. Or give us valuable depth on the interior.

Forgot he started at RG. If he comes cheap, not looking for LT money then he would be a good plan B for LT if Fisher is it here or not ready. I still would draft center and not rely on a guy who coyle not beat Reiter out. Still, rather get a LT or center in fa/draft combination. If they go Peters it is a stop gap. Reid loves his ex players.

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

Forgot he started at RG. If he comes cheap, not looking for LT money then he would be a good plan B for LT if Fisher is it here or not ready. I still would draft center and not rely on a guy who coyle not beat Reiter out. Still, rather get a LT or center in fa/draft combination. If they go Peters it is a stop gap. Reid loves his ex players.

Let's get rid of Gay,  because he couldn't beat Neimann out.

2 hours ago, kkuenn said:

I think Peters will come cheap. And he specifically said recently he has gas left in the tank and is excited about grooming young players.

I personally have real doubts about Fisher being ready week 1. But I'd be comfortable with Peters there temporarily and then kicking inside.

I want long term fixes, but if there's gonna be stop-gaps on the line you could do a lot worse. If they don't believe in Allegretti or Rankin being the long term LG then this could allow them to draft one day 3 and let him learn. 

Personally I think the Chiefs are gonna go after a C in free agency. I haven't read anything that leads me to believe this. Just a feeling I have that they may go big. I'm thinking Corey Linsley. Just my gut. 

If Alex Smith gets no real offers, would he be an upgrade as back up compared to Henne if the money was the same? Obviously the injury is a huge question and he is limited, but he's a hell of a leader, highly intelligent, knows our team and system inside out and probably can win 2 to 3 games if needed. 

2 hours ago, Biggjliv4 said:

If Alex Smith gets no real offers, would he be an upgrade as back up compared to Henne if the money was the same? Obviously the injury is a huge question and he is limited, but he's a hell of a leader, highly intelligent, knows our team and system inside out and probably can win 2 to 3 games if needed. 

I’d LOVE having Alex back as backup and then QB coach....then OC.......then takes over for Reid.