Free agent rumor(s)

21 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

He started last year at RG. Finished the year at OT because of injury. The dude has literally never had a season that graded below average. Ever. He would be a great backup plan at LT if Fish isn't ready day 1. And if he is, Peters could play LG and give us every bit of what Osemele did. 

Then kick Allegretti inside to center, which is an idea I know you support and love. Or give us valuable depth on the interior.

Considering Fisher is coming off of an achilles, what about Peters outside and moving Fisher into the guard spot?  Not having to face edge rushers with speed could extend his years with us.  I have concerns about his lateral speed and ability to keep those speed guys off with a newly repaired achilles.  

14 minutes ago, moons314 said:

Considering Fisher is coming off of an achilles, what about Peters outside and moving Fisher into the guard spot?  Not having to face edge rushers with speed could extend his years with us.  I have concerns about his lateral speed and ability to keep those speed guys off with a newly repaired achilles.  

I’d be fine with that IF Fish takes a pay cut

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Maybe we should see how he works out as QB coach before turning over the whole operation to him. 

Exactly.   Sentimental stories belong on a card at Hallmark not necessarily on the sidelines of a football team with a QB who can make history if this organization doesn't drop the ball.

2 hours ago, moons314 said:

Well Peters is 38 so father time will catch up to him sooner than Fish. I think as far as "bandaids" go this could be a near perfect match. 

He's made 115 million dollars, won a SB, along with 9 pro bowl appearances. If he still wants to play it for the love and to win titles. He's been with Reid in the past and is eager to teach younger guys. This is an excellent fit. 

Idk if they'd also drafting their LT of the future, but if not, it would also give them a year to evaluate PTW. It may seem far fetched that Mahomes future blindside protector was a 6th rounder. But Peters nixes that argument. He was considered the best LT in football at one time, and he wasn't even drafted.

2 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Well Peters is 38 so father time will catch up to him sooner than Fish. I think as far as "bandaids" go this could be a near perfect match. 

He's made 115 million dollars, won a SB, along with 9 pro bowl appearances. If he still wants to play it for the love and to win titles. He's been with Reid in the past and is eager to teach younger guys. This is an excellent fit. 

Idk if they'd also drafting their LT of the future, but if not, it would also give them a year to evaluate PTW. It may seem far fetched that Mahomes future blindside protector was a 6th rounder. But Peters nixes that argument. He was considered the best LT in football at one time, and he wasn't even drafted.

Wasn’t Peters a TE at first as well lol?

16 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Interesting. The more we can do in FA the better we can focus in draft to develop and get some starters. One guy i wonder what it would take to get is Browns TE David Njoku.

3 hours ago, Palangi said:

Njoku would be very interesting.  

I’d take him in a heartbeat. He has been under utilized. We need Additional pass catching TEs more than a WR in my opinion. Defenses are not goi g to allow deep balls so we need big athletic targets that create mis matches and can also help the run game. I would love 3 TE sets with Hill flanked outside or slot and CEH in backfield 

Reid needs to find ways to make these defenses pay and force them to change there game plans

My two cents anyways  

7 hours ago, Palangi said:

Titans traded isaiah Wilson and a 2022 7th round pick to the dolphins for a 2021 7th round pick. 

I wonder if we shouldn't have gotten in on this. Or is he too much a headache? 

Wow must of been worse than I thought.  They basically gave him away.

Another interesting guy that seems like a typical Veach guy would be Reuben Foster.   A lot would have to check out first like his health and then the off-field issues but he hasn't been in the news in the past year which is a good thing for him.  New leadership in Washington might be worth a low round pick.  If healthy and mentally right, he would be a major upgrade in the LB department.