Free agent rumor(s)

7 minutes ago, ChiefThunder said:

Why all complaining about players "on the wrong side of 30"?? We did get Roaf when he was in his 30s....

I guess the caliber of player comes into effect also.  Nobody is complaining about trent Williams.  I think most would really like the signing.  

Signing a 30+ meh guy or one with a huge injury history makes some a little skidish about that signing

I'm actually with Pala on this.  I never thought Kyle Long was that great and remember thinking it was probably a good thing that he hung up his cleats.  NOW if he comes in with a Vet Min contract...SURE but from the reports it just seems he will be looking for much more than vet min.

I'd like to see us spend money on at least one elite tackle and either a OC or OG.  Then plug and play our young guys around those two elite vets.

Trent Williams at LT

Corey Linsley at OC

I'd also be ok with trading away our 1st for a top 5 talent OL guy because the the scouts have like zero tape or combine film/interviews this year so trading for a stud makes sense.  Maybe someone like Brandon Scherff to lock down our LG spot for YEARS.  Thats just one example

1 hour ago, Balto said:

I'm actually with Pala on this.  I never thought Kyle Long was that great and remember thinking it was probably a good thing that he hung up his cleats.  NOW if he comes in with a Vet Min contract...SURE but from the reports it just seems he will be looking for much more than vet min.

I'd like to see us spend money on at least one elite tackle and either a OC or OG.  Then plug and play our young guys around those two elite vets.

Trent Williams at LT

Corey Linsley at OC

I'd also be ok with trading away our 1st for a top 5 talent OL guy because the the scouts have like zero tape or combine film/interviews this year so trading for a stud makes sense.  Maybe someone like Brandon Scherff to lock down our LG spot for YEARS.  Thats just one example

49er's just re-signed Juszczyk so they can free up cash to re-sign Williams.

1 minute ago, Handswarmer said:

49er's just re-signed Juszczyk so they can free up cash to re-sign Williams.

They are going to make a hard push for him but it's gonna come down to money, location, and if he has a desire to play for a contender.  We got the contender part down but the money and location might not be to his liking.   Time will tell.   

Just now, Lamardirts said:

They are going to make a hard push for him but it's gonna come down to money, location, and if he has a desire to play for a contender.  We got the contender part down but the money and location might not be to his liking.   Time will tell.   

All these things are true. I would add that not having to relocate is a factor.

2 minutes ago, sith13 said:

$20 million :o I just hope he's willing to leave some on the table for a ring. 

I agree.  I'm more than fine passing on Trent IF he wants the moon.  I was thinking/hoping no more than the $18.5 we saved from Fish/Schwartz thus we would have:

Trent/Young guy  over Fish/Schwartz at the same money spent

4 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

and not paying SF outlandish taxes and prices are in itself a raise

I will say that if you put his income into a Cost of Living Calculator you will see that San Fran is over twice the cost of living as KC.  So even at a $10M year contract he would need to make over $20M to live equally in San Fran..Probably doesn't matter haha