Free agent rumor(s)

2 minutes ago, Balto said:

I mean I get going back to the 9ers BUT picking Bears and that mess over KC and protecting Mahomes?  Williams comes to KC could seriously get him into the Hall of Fame

And get him a few rings too.

11 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Corey Linsley ,C, closing in on a deal to Chargers in 4 year deal per ESPN 

The Los Angeles Chargers have agreed to a five-year contract with free-agent center Corey Linsley, a source tells ESPN's Jeremy Fowler.

The deal is worth $62.5 million with $17 million fully guaranteed at signing, a source told ESPN's Dan Graziano.

Just now, oldtimer said:

The Los Angeles Chargers have agreed to a five-year contract with free-agent center Corey Linsley, a source tells ESPN's Jeremy Fowler.

The deal is worth $62.5 million with $17 million fully guaranteed at signing, a source told ESPN's Dan Graziano.

Li Slye would of been great but he does have more injury history than Thuney soooo meh

Seems to me with Williams and Thuney that they were looking at both but realistically can only sign one and that was Thuney. I'd be shocked if Chiefs made any more big contract signings in FA. This is where Veach really earns his money. Finding that 2nd tier player who gives the team more than they paid.

36 minutes ago, dhitter said:

Seems to me with Williams and Thuney that they were looking at both but realistically can only sign one and that was Thuney. I'd be shocked if Chiefs made any more big contract signings in FA. This is where Veach really earns his money. Finding that 2nd tier player who gives the team more than they paid.

Agreed, but we need a LT no joke. Could be 31st pick.

10 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Or keep Niang at RT and get the best LT we can?

Niang has hardly played for two years. He is a complete unknown. No spring practice NO Pre Season Practice Sure I hope he the next great thing. I doubt KC is counting on him to start this year. Putting anything but a proven player at RT makes no sense. Maybe he proves something this pre season but I dont think Veach will sit on HOPE. 

I think the KC offense will look very different this year. I think it will be focused on CEH and his skills. I think it will look more like the TB offense with a line that gives Mahomes a chance to get the ball out quick and a line that can actually run block. Yes the Deep shots will be there just not depending on it.

4 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Niang has hardly played for two years. He is a complete unknown. No spring practice NO Pre Season Practice Sure I hope he the next great thing. I doubt KC is counting on him to start this year. Putting anything but a proven player at RT makes no sense. Maybe he proves something this pre season but I dont think Veach will sit on HOPE. 

He has to be better than Wylie.

I think the KC offense will look very different this year. I think it will be focused on CEH and his skills. I think it will look more like the TB offense with a line that gives Mahomes a chance to get the ball out quick and a line that can actually run block. Yes the Deep shots will be there just not depending on it.

Like some others have said.  Could bring in a cheap vet like Peters to play until Niang is ready

14 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

I agree about the offense. Veach knows defenses are going to copy TB. Gotta be able to Pound the rock. Hope Veach builds a line like we had with Preist Holmes. I loved the fact we would run in the red zone and at the 5 we would hand it off and preist would get in. 
running the ball will force defenses to change there game plan 

36 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Veach isn't sitting on hope. Unless you think they drafted Niang in the 3rd round based on hope. I'm gonna guess it has a little more to do with scouting. This was an outstanding RT in college and there's no reason to believe he can't be that in the pros.

And guess what? Veterans don't become veterans without having a first start at some point. Add to that the fact they released a veteran pro bowl RT 3 days ago and your opinion here makes even less sense.

We all had to look at your dumb ass facepalm emojis you posted every single time any poster here said anything negative about our offensive line last year. Then our line cost us a chance to repeat as SB champs and you were mysteriously MIA afterwards.

So your opinion on our offense, and specifically offensive lineman, isn't worth a squirt of piss. 

DWBH

2 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Veach isn't sitting on hope. Unless you think they drafted Niang in the 3rd round based on hope. I'm gonna guess it has a little more to do with scouting. This was an outstanding RT in college and there's no reason to believe he can't be that in the pros.

And guess what? Veterans don't become veterans without having a first start at some point. Add to that the fact they released a veteran pro bowl RT 3 days ago and your opinion here makes even less sense.

We all had to look at your dumb ass facepalm emojis you posted every single time any poster here said anything negative about our offensive line last year. Then our line cost us a chance to repeat as SB champs and you were mysteriously MIA afterwards.

So your opinion on our offense, and specifically offensive lineman, isn't worth a squirt of piss. 

DWBH

Enjoy Your Beautiful Mind and Day.