Free agent rumor(s)

Chiefs signed OG Kyle Long to a one-year contract. 

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the deal is worth up to $5 million. It's the Chiefs' second major addition at guard after signing Joe Thuney. Long actually has NFL experience at tackle — where the Chiefs are also replacing both starters — but he hasn't played there since 2015. The Chiefs could still be getting Laurent Duvernay-Tardif back at guard after he opted out of the 2020 season to help fight the coronavirus pandemic — LDT is a doctor — but his NFL future is uncertain. Headed into his age-33 campaign, Long was limited to 30 total appearances by injury between 2016-19. He's an upside addition, but the Chiefs will believe his contributions when they see them. 

4 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

I don’t know if they intend to move someone to tackle or just have uber depth. Now there are five guys who played guard on the team.

Meh

Thuney at one. LDT, Long at another. Still can have depth for Allegretti. Really 4 for 1. I think Wiley backs up RT. 

11 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

I thought he was cut? How cam he be traded? Per Ian it is official in another tweet.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31082318/las-vegas-raiders-trade-center-rodney-hudson-arizona-cardinals-sources-say

He was "to be released" but  the Cards came in for the kill...smooth move and dbly beneficial  for the Raidirts not letting the Chiefs have a shot  +  getting a 3rd rnd pick

8 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

He was "to be released" but  the Cards came in for the kill...smooth move and dbly beneficial  for the Raidirts not letting the Chiefs have a shot  +  getting a 3rd rnd pick

Well fuck, I would have given up a 3rd for him. Now who can we get at Center unless they plan to draft one? I still say we need a vet LT or C and draft the other. Maybe Thuney or Long at LT? Hell Thuney has played center too. Veach lives his versatile linemen.

Reports are the Panthers are going all in for Watson.  Maybe trade #31 for Taylor Moton, one of the top young tackles in the NFL.  They have other good tackles and that extra 1st could help getting Watson.

17 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Well fuck, I would have given up a 3rd for him. Now who can we get at Center unless they plan to draft one? I still say we need a vet LT or C and draft the other. Maybe Thuney or Long at LT? Hell Thuney has played center too. Veach lives his versatile linemen.

Maybe sign above average at a specific position vs jack of all trades and master on none. 

9 hours ago, Troyofoc said:

Sporting news free agent center rankings

Centers

1. Corey Linsley, Packers (signed with Chargers for 5 years, $62.5 million)
  2. David Andrews, Patriots
  3. Austin Reiter, Chiefs
  4. Alex Mack, Falcons (signed by 49ers)
  5. Rodney Hudson, Raiders
  6. Nick Martin, Texans

It's going to be Allegretti