Free agent rumor(s)

15 hours ago, kkuenn said:

No! The only way is if he is depth. He will look better with the upgrade of guards but still no! Get Andrew's who knows Thuney well and his way of playing. 

so he has had 15 hours to consider the offer, KC being way to generous with this dude...pull the fucking plug and let him consider offers from shitty teams that are going nowhere

1 hour ago, KC Warpaint said:

so he has had 15 hours to consider the offer, KC being way to generous with this dude...pull the fucking plug and let him consider offers from shitty teams that are going nowhere

Honestly this is me hoping the offer was to come back on a 1 yr deal and compete for a job, and him being offended that he wasn't handed one. 

9 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

Really like to see an Andrew's and Reiff signing today.  Get it done and over with and draft for the future. We are in a win now mode with our roster and need to ensure another dance in the SB.

the signing of an OT or C delays are rather baffling. I cant believe Williams was their only focus but I have had  the TV on NFLN all day and very little FA movement since the start  other than what was pre announce has happened..hoping by Monday we'll have some good news.

Did see that the Raven wants a top 40 pick for Brown Jr.

Also saw a rumor that the Ravens and Jags were working on a straight up swap, Brown Jr for Jags WR DJ Chark.

Would you give #31 for Brown? 

Would you give Hardman for Brown, would they?

Would you give a mid round pick + Hardman for Brown?

I'd be fine with a Brown Jr trade but what sucks is that we give up draft pick/Player and then have to pay the man around $20M a year errrr.  Thats why Trent Williams was soooo attractive, no draft picks needed.

Still seeing Mitchell Schwartz tweeting and sending out messages to our new guys like Kyle Long and Thuney.  He is saying "You'll love it here man, welcome to KC!  Let me know if you have any fat guy questions, even though your body fat is below the teens you still qualify"

I mean up until Schwartz back gave out he was STILL rated as the best RT in the NFL.  Is it so hard to believe that we resign him to a lower contract than what he had?   

26 minutes ago, Balto said:

Also saw a rumor that the Ravens and Jags were working on a straight up swap, Brown Jr for Jags WR DJ Chark.

I'd be fine with a Brown Jr trade but what sucks is that we give up draft pick/Player and then have to pay the man around $20M a year errrr.  Thats why Trent Williams was soooo attractive, no draft picks needed.

I just don't think Ravens would strengthen their arch rival and deal with us. If offer Hardman and mid round and pay the man... take a known quantity to protect Mahomes over unknown.  No sure thing draft pick pans out and Hardman is definitely no Tyreek and think you can find another like him

8 minutes ago, Balto said:

Still seeing Mitchell Schwartz tweeting and sending out messages to our new guys like Kyle Long and Thuney.  He is saying "You'll love it here man, welcome to KC!  Let me know if you have any fat guy questions, even though your body fat is below the teens you still qualify"

I mean up until Schwartz back gave out he was STILL rated as the best RT in the NFL.  Is it so hard to believe that we resign him to a lower contract than what he had?   

I'm not convinced Schwartz is done in KC long term. I like to think Veech and him got real and said take a year to heal and think about it. If you get healthy and want to play again then we will talk. No animosity at all it seems from him. 

38 minutes ago, Balto said:

Screenshot_20210318-160934_Chrome.jpg

If the above is true, Niang is our LT. Pisses me off as I think getting him to the RT would be great for him instead if adjusting to a switch of sides and new to the NFL.  If we get a Center we can probably see depth and development types being drafted in later rounds.  Still have a bunch of FA money left too.

Chiefs re-signed OT Mike Remmers to a one-year contract. 

A fill-in starter most of the 2020 season at right tackle for Mitchell Schwartz, Remmers had to flip to the blindside for the Super Bowl, where he was relentlessly exposed in the Chiefs' dismal loss. He nevertheless held up reasonably well on the right side for the most of the year and provides experienced depth in the Chiefs' system. With the entire line being overhauled, Remmers is surely not in the Chiefs' starting plans. 

1 minute ago, kkuenn said:

If the above is true, Niang is our LT. Pisses me off as I think getting him to the RT would be great for him instead if adjusting to a switch of sides and new to the NFL.  If we get a Center we can probably see depth and development types being drafted in later rounds.  Still have a bunch of FA money left too.

Nothing matters at this stage. Its just talkin. Chiefs know what Remmers is. A good back up. Im sure Veach & Co will continue to work. I also think that Schwartz or Fischer may be back when healthy. Lots of options.

1 minute ago, AFCWEST said:

Chiefs re-signed OT Mike Remmers to a one-year contract. 

A fill-in starter most of the 2020 season at right tackle for Mitchell Schwartz, Remmers had to flip to the blindside for the Super Bowl, where he was relentlessly exposed in the Chiefs' dismal loss. He nevertheless held up reasonably well on the right side for the most of the year and provides experienced depth in the Chiefs' system. With the entire line being overhauled, Remmers is surely not in the Chiefs' starting plans. 

Thank God. Niang RT. Draft or FA LT/C then.

Bears released CB Kyle Fuller.

This move is why "the salary cap is a myth" is misleading. The Bears didn't want to release their top corner, but they are in cap hell and need the space to sign Andy Dalton. It's possible the front office can find a last-minute trade partner, but they'll be eating $9 million in dead cap and saving $11 million against the cap either way. Fuller immediately becomes one of the better available free agents. He just turned 29 years old and has experience as being a No. 1 outside corner.

5 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Bears released CB Kyle Fuller.

This move is why "the salary cap is a myth" is misleading. The Bears didn't want to release their top corner, but they are in cap hell and need the space to sign Andy Dalton. It's possible the front office can find a last-minute trade partner, but they'll be eating $9 million in dead cap and saving $11 million against the cap either way. Fuller immediately becomes one of the better available free agents. He just turned 29 years old and has experience as being a No. 1 outside corner.

“Needed to sign Andy Dalton.’

nobody needs to sign Bad Andy.