Free agent rumor(s)

5 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I guess now it's Okung or Villanueva  or Bust. I just shudder of the thought of having a rookie start at LT unless we trade up to get a real gem. but man that takes a lot of draft capital and the Chiefs have a lot of holes yet to fill.

I'd breath a deep breath of relief if we could get one of the aforementioned say 3 year 25 mill?

Normally I would imagine either of the two would come in for a 1-year deal or a cheap 2-3 year deal but Williams really messed up the market so I'm not sure if they are actually willing to play for decent amounts. 

20 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Normally I would imagine either of the two would come in for a 1-year deal or a cheap 2-3 year deal but Williams really messed up the market so I'm not sure if they are actually willing to play for decent amounts. 

They better sign now as cap space is gonna get tighter and tighter. 
I don’t want trade a first and 20 m for Brown because we should have just paid the extra million or two to get Williams and then had that first to fill another hole.   With that said I could get on board with Villanueva.  Wonder if we wait this out now and see if someone gets cut.   

I am not concerned with this process. Long is also a nice addition. I think Fisher or Schwarts will be back. Maybe both. I doubt Niang , or any rookie, will start at tackle. So the line depth is already greatly improved. Ideally KC will ad one more veteran in free agency.

I hate the fact we are basically all in on having to go after a LT round 1 right now. Teams will know we are desperate preventing us from dealing from at least some form of strength. Now we got a 1/2 billion dollar QB and without a LT. Going to fleece us

4 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

I hate the fact we are basically all in on having to go after a LT round 1 right now. Teams will know we are desperate preventing us from dealing from at least some form of strength. Now we got a 1/2 billion dollar QB and without a LT. Going to fleece us

. Too early to say. Veach has a plan A,B and C. I doubt Veach & Co.  put a lousy player or rookie at LT. All options still available.

5 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Word was Thuney helped his tackles in NE get paid because of his play.   At this point be patient and get Villanueva for good price and then draft your guy round one and let them battle for it.  

works for me

For myself and anyone else I guess...

I need to step back and wait!  I was all about getting Trent Williams but even before that I have been preaching that we have the most expensive tackles in the NFL and one of the lowest cap hits for interior OL.  I have thought that it should be the opposite with a QB like Mahomes that can much more easily avoid outside pressure versus pressure coming up the middle.

We have added a all-pro LG and a Pro-bowl RG!  I Love Fish and Schwartz but once Fishers cap hit double a couple seasons ago I thought it was time to move on and trade him!  I think having a guy like Thuney at LG could really help a rookie LT with the lumps every rookie needs to take feel a little less harmful to the team.

The more I think about it the more I REALLY REALLY hope Veach doesn't give a guy like Okung or Villanueva multi year deals because we have no other options!  

I'd love to see a "checked out medically" Schwartz and Fisher resign if its cheap!  

Jason Peters on a 1 year deal and spend out 1st or 2nd on our LT of the future?

1 minute ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

More concerning to me is that 2 high end players have opted to go w other choices when money was similar or better.

Naa, they just wanted to stay and loved where they were at. Williams used us as leverage and Schuster took less to stay where he loved. Good for them imo.

4 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

More concerning to me is that 2 high end players have opted to go w other choices when money was similar or better.

exactly..so much for the Mahomes affect..FA's are acting as if we are a mid tier team..maybe they think with that miserable loss in the SB our window is closing.

The thought that the Chiefs going after Juju is a bit puzzling as well

14 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

exactly..so much for the Mahomes affect..FA's are acting as if we are a mid tier team..maybe they think with that miserable loss in the SB our window is closing.

The thought that the Chiefs going after Juju is a bit puzzling as well

Great replacement for Watkins.

22 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Maybe that’s the downside to having Hill and Kelce and wondering if there is enough love to go around but seeing Golladay consider Chicago as a #2 instead of being our #3 is crazy.  

Oh well we got to the basically with the roster we have now amd probably would have won it if not for a LT tackle injury gives me big hope that all we have to have at this point is a slightly above avg LT.

Just now, Biggjliv4 said:

I'm thinking Juju prefers to not have to uproot his family twice in two years since he's leveraging for the big payday next year when the cap normalizes.  

Was going to mention family too, but didn't know if he was married with kids or not.  He knows Pitts system and the only real issue is the lack of money this year so I'm sure he feels more comfortable in a system he knows and being the #1a or #1b option as opposed to learning a difficult system and being the #3 or #4 option.   

I'm feeling pretty upbeat so far about the offseason.   Sure I would have loved to have had Trent but I don't think we are that desperate.

Compared to last year we have upgraded LG immensely and I think we easily upgraded RG with either LDT or Long.   If Reiter comes back he will be better with better guard play and I don't think it will be hard to upgrade there even with Reiter.   Remmers was servicable at RT and Niang is pretty stinking talented plus you have Long as a dark horse there so every position is an upgrade except maybe RT which is a push.  We should actually have a pocket for Mahomes to step up into for once and some lanes to running.    

We need a LT, DE, CB, LB and #2 WR.    We have 20 million left in FA more than enough to find 2-3.   Leaving our draft to fill the other two spots and add depth.

There are still options in FA and via trade.     Reports were a 2nd or 3rd could be offered for Brown.   We could offer our 1st and pay him around 18-20 million.   I would hate to part with a first but if you land your LT for the next 10 years so be it and it solves most of the line problems.   

I see a lot on Twitter complaining about Veach.   He has done everything we had hoped.   His press conference made it seem like Oline wasn't their biggest concern but then he went out and signed Thuney and was right there with Trent Williams.   Which tells us they are not happy with the Oline.   Remmers and Wylie are solid depth and can start in a pinch thats exactly what you want in a backup G/T.   The market is shaping up nicely for us.    Also if we burn through all our space now then we could easily miss out on a good player that is cut for cap reasons later on.

This is far from over and we will be ok.   

29 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I'm feeling pretty upbeat so far about the offseason.   Sure I would have loved to have had Trent but I don't think we are that desperate.

Compared to last year we have upgraded LG immensely and I think we easily upgraded RG with either LDT or Long.   If Reiter comes back he will be better with better guard play and I don't think it will be hard to upgrade there even with Reiter.   Remmers was servicable at RT and Niang is pretty stinking talented plus you have Long as a dark horse there so every position is an upgrade except maybe RT which is a push.  We should actually have a pocket for Mahomes to step up into for once and some lanes to running.    

We need a LT, DE, CB, LB and #2 WR.    We have 20 million left in FA more than enough to find 2-3.   Leaving our draft to fill the other two spots and add depth.

There are still options in FA and via trade.     Reports were a 2nd or 3rd could be offered for Brown.   We could offer our 1st and pay him around 18-20 million.   I would hate to part with a first but if you land your LT for the next 10 years so be it and it solves most of the line problems.   

I see a lot on Twitter complaining about Veach.   He has done everything we had hoped.   His press conference made it seem like Oline wasn't their biggest concern but then he went out and signed Thuney and was right there with Trent Williams.   Which tells us they are not happy with the Oline.   Remmers and Wylie are solid depth and can start in a pinch thats exactly what you want in a backup G/T.   The market is shaping up nicely for us.    Also if we burn through all our space now then we could easily miss out on a good player that is cut for cap reasons later on.

This is far from over and we will be ok.   

I agree with most everything.  The problem is I just don't see a quality OT getting cut for cap reasons and no matter what would just be traded.  I think it boils down to either spend a high pick on a Left Tackle and feed him to the wolves OR resign Schwartz/Fisher to a team friendly deal.

There are still a couple of OTs out there that while old, would serve for a year of so if the Chiefs draft an OT in the first.  I don't like the thought of Reiter playing OC all season, but he does protect Pat pretty well.  The problem is that the whiffs in the 2018 draft are coming back to haunt the Chiefs today.  Speaks left a hole at DE.  DOD means Neiman is the coverage LB.  That's too many holes to fill inn one draft with needs at WR and CB glaring.  Most of Veach's moves have been good, but it seems that the Chiefs O-line today consists of Reiter and eight guards.