Free agent rumor(s)

3 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

More concerning to me is that 2 high end players have opted to go w other choices when money was similar or better.

Williams wanted to maximize money after what he's been through medically, and he got to stay where he was.  That makes sense and I don't think it has much to do with us.

JuJu doesn't make sense but he also turned down more money from the Ravens.  Based on his other hijinks I don't respect his opinion.

Long pointed out the difference between us and the Raiders.

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

There are still a couple of OTs out there that while old, would serve for a year of so if the Chiefs draft an OT in the first.  I don't like the thought of Reiter playing OC all season, but he does protect Pat pretty well.  The problem is that the whiffs in the 2018 draft are coming back to haunt the Chiefs today.  Speaks left a hole at DE.  DOD means Neiman is the coverage LB.  That's too many holes to fill inn one draft with needs at WR and CB glaring.  Most of Veach's moves have been good, but it seems that the Chiefs O-line today consists of Reiter and eight guards.  

At this point I would be very surprised if Okung or Villanueva is not a Chief. And those guys are on par with Fisher despite all the doom and gloom. Worst case Jason Peters. If they don't land one of those 3, I'm going to start wondering if Veach might be asleep 🤣.

BTW Durant played RT in college, Niang played RT in college, Long went to the pro bowl after playing RT in 2015, and Rankin was an OT in college. Not saying those are ideal replacements but the cupboard isn't bare.

12 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

At this point I would be very surprised if Okung or Villanueva is not a Chief. And those guys are on par with Fisher despite all the doom and gloom. Worst case Jason Peters. If they don't land one of those 3, I'm going to start wondering if Veach might be asleep 🤣.

BTW Durant played RT in college, Niang played RT in college, Long went to the pro bowl after playing RT in 2015, and Rankin was an OT in college. Not saying those are ideal replacements but the cupboard isn't bare.

Sooo we good at RT at least patch work players.  Now lets sign Peters and draft our future LT!

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Okung would be fine if he could stay healthy until the new LT got up to speed.  His recent history isn't all that good in the health department.  Either would be okay for one season, two at most. 

2 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Ummm...Yasir Durant played LT at Missouri. 

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Okung would be fine if he could stay healthy until the new LT got up to speed.  His recent history isn't all that good in the health department.  Either would be okay for one season, two at most. 

I personally don’t like okung. Injury prone. 
I’d rather have Villanova. 
too bad we missed out on reiff. 
What do we have on the roster now? 
long, thuny, remmers , niang, Durant , LDT

reiter and Wiley? Are they good. Not that I like it but it is what it is. 
is osemele around? 
any good blocking TE out there that can help? I see we brought back Bell. 

Free agent Melvin Ingram will visit the Chiefs next week.

The Chiefs are the first team to show interest in Ingram after he had two separate stints on IR last year. He'll need to prove he's over his knee issues, but Ingram would give the Chiefs an impact pass rusher if he's healthy. 31-year-old Ingram has spent the last nine seasons with the Chargers. Signing with the Chiefs would allow Ingram to stay in the AFC West.

Not sure about all this doom and gloom.    We are already better or the same at 4 out of the 5 positions on the Oline.   Way better at LG, if Allegretti or Reiter comes back we are a wash.  We are better at RG with LDT/Long and Niang/Remmers at RT.    We might actually have a pocket for Mahomes to step up into.  We do need to address the LT position but Okung, Villanueva, Peters all offer reasonable LT play for one year and then drafting a LT in the first is a talented backup.    At some point we were going to have a year like this were the Oline got reshuffled for the future.    We still have FA to fill holes and the draft.    This team was one slightly above avg LT away from probably winning the SB.    We have cuts, 2nd tier FA's, and the draft to fix things......we will be fine. 

44 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

Doom and gloom only exists if the line has Wylie and Remmers as starters. I am fine if they draft a LT in round 1 or 2. The guys just need to stay healthy. 

I could Remmers starting at RT for a time but if both are then yes thing went horribly wrong.     I actually think Niang beats him outright for the RT spot and surprises this year.