Free agent rumor(s)

5 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

I maintain for Williams it was all about the money.

For these WRs I'm thinking it's probably about being a 3rd-or-worse option behind Hill and Kelce.

That's exactly what it is. Don't wanna have a 30 catch 350 yard season going into free agency when the cap goes back up next year. Tennessee lost Davis. He will be featured there. Just an agent doing his job. 

An outright release only to bring a guy back a lower contract is something that I think gets talked about a lot by fans but rarely actually happens in reality.

I still don't think we can trust that Mitch will ever be physically right again, but who knows.

Having said that if he legitimately gets better and comes back for the right money, sign me the heck up.  I do believe he loves the organization and there are no hard feelings about his release.  If/when he's ready to come back we have as good of a shot as anyone to land him.

Draft a LT. 

Either Cosmi,  jenkins,  or Mayfield will be there.  And all 3 are capable starting day 1. 

I'm interested to see what they think they have in Prince Tega-Wanoga 

Trade our 2022 7th round pick to Cincinnati for Billy Price. Compete with Allegretti at center

LT- draft,  Rankin,  Tega

LG- Thuney, Wylie

C - Allegretti/ Price, Williams

RG- Long, LDT, Durant

RT- Niang, Remmers 

If Long looks healthy and ready to go if like to see LDT traded.  I know a lot of you are happy to have him back but he really wasn't very good.  And I doubt he's gotten any better doing the doctor thing. Durant showed promise in his week 17 start.  Let's develop him to replace Long after his 1 year,  or make him quality depth for the future.  

I hate putting Rankin at LT because I thought he showed a lot of promise at guard before his injury.  But because we've ignored the depth at tackle for so long we are forced to keep him at tackle.  That's why taking a guy like Dan Moore, Stone Forsythe, or Brady Christiansen in the 4rh round needs to happen.  A quality swing tackle to develop for depth.  Or if they Tega-Wanoga can be that.  

For me this would be ideal

LT- Cosmi,  Moore, Tega-Wanoga 

LG- Thuney, Rankin

C - Allegretti, Price, Williams

RG- Long, Durant

RT- Niang, Remmers, Moore/Tega-Wanoga 

15 minutes ago, Palangi said:

Draft a LT. 

Either Cosmi,  jenkins,  or Mayfield will be there.  And all 3 are capable starting day 1. 

I'm interested to see what they think they have in Prince Tega-Wanoga 

Trade our 2022 7th round pick to Cincinnati for Billy Price. Compete with Allegretti at center

LT- draft,  Rankin,  Tega

LG- Thuney, Wylie

C - Allegretti/ Price, Williams

RG- Long, LDT, Durant

RT- Niang, Remmers 

If Long looks healthy and ready to go if like to see LDT traded.  I know a lot of you are happy to have him back but he really wasn't very good.  And I doubt he's gotten any better doing the doctor thing. Durant showed promise in his week 17 start.  Let's develop him to replace Long after his 1 year,  or make him quality depth for the future.  

I hate putting Rankin at LT because I thought he showed a lot of promise at guard before his injury.  But because we've ignored the depth at tackle for so long we are forced to keep him at tackle.  That's why taking a guy like Dan Moore, Stone Forsythe, or Brady Christiansen in the 4rh round needs to happen.  A quality swing tackle to develop for depth.  Or if they Tega-Wanoga can be that.  

For me this would be ideal

LT- Cosmi,  Moore, Tega-Wanoga 

LG- Thuney, Rankin

C - Allegretti, Price, Williams

RG- Long, Durant

RT- Niang, Remmers, Moore/Tega-Wanoga 

I'm with you on LDT but I'd guess will be one of those Camp trades we see a few ever year.  If traded before June 1st we only gain $750k and even as depth I don't see us replacing him for that cheap.  After June 1st we gain an extra $2M so yes I could see a LDT trade during camp to another team for like some teams backup LB or something.

I do think is Schwartz comes back he will start and Niang, Prince and a rookie could battle it out for that LT spot.....unless Schwartz plays LT(really not sure why this is suuuuuch a bad idea?) and Niang, Prince and rookie go after that RT spot while Schwartz becomes our cheap place holder at LT until next offseason.

1 minute ago, Balto said:

I'm with you on LDT but I'd guess will be one of those Camp trades we see a few ever year.  If traded before June 1st we only gain $750k and even as depth I don't see us replacing him for that cheap.  After June 1st we gain an extra $2M so yes I could see a LDT trade during camp to another team for like some teams backup LB or something.

I do think is Schwartz comes back he will start and Niang, Prince and a rookie could battle it out for that LT spot.....unless Schwartz plays LT(really not sure why this is suuuuuch a bad idea?) and Niang, Prince and rookie go after that RT spot while Schwartz becomes our cheap place holder at LT until next offseason.

I'd rather see us draft a LT this year.  You don't usually see such a deep class of tackles.

Just now, xen said:

I'd rather see us draft a LT this year.  You don't usually see such a deep class of tackles.

Oh I agree and if we can grab an actual starting LT at #31 OR Veach trades up and gets one then YES I'm good with it.  I'm just not sure what the odds are that we get a day 1 starting LT at #31 and I'd rather a raw rookie tackle, this includes Niang and Prince, cut their teeth on Pats non-blind side.

2 hours ago, Adamixoye said:

An outright release only to bring a guy back a lower contract is something that I think gets talked about a lot by fans but rarely actually happens in reality.

I still don't think we can trust that Mitch will ever be physically right again, but who knows.

Having said that if he legitimately gets better and comes back for the right money, sign me the heck up.  I do believe he loves the organization and there are no hard feelings about his release.  If/when he's ready to come back we have as good of a shot as anyone to land him.

Give him a couple million and if he returns to form load the contract with incentives.   I don't mind having him as a camp body, but the truth is we need to see if Niang can play.   He's the future.  I'm more willing to get Schwartz in the building and then sign him later in the year if there is problems.   If he only has a couple games in him better use them at the end of the year than the beginning.   

50 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

I want to see a center and LT later then. If Schwartz is in their plans maybe Niang does go to LT? A true mauling center who can pass/run block would be what the line needs. 

Sorry did you just say Landon Dickerson?

4 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Long is not playing LT. He will compete with LDT at RG. The Chiefs have already made it clear that they see him as a guard. 

Why would you give Thuney 80 million and not try him at LT when he plays on the left side of the line already? But they gave Long an incentive based 1 yr deal that maxes at 5 mill and they are gonna flip him over to a LT when he has been a RG his whole career, save 1 season at RT? 

Allegretti played solid football and this narrative that he can't play center because he couldn't beat out Reiter or because they are interested in bringing Reiter back makes no sense.

Veach is trying to create competition at every position instead of handing guys jobs and penciling them in without beating someone else out for the right to play. He's done that at RT with Niang and Remmers and RG with LDT and Long. Makes sense to do that at C with Reiter and Allegretti. 

One is a better athlete with mobility and athleticism, but terrible play strength. He gets walked back into Pats lap constantly and couldn't move a child in the run game. One is a nasty run blocker with limitations on mobility and athleticism, who can struggle quite a bit in pass pro when facing good interior pass rushers. 

They could end up trying Thuney at LT or wherever but teams don't pay top money to players just to move them to a new position. Long has history at OT and could end up there but if they see him as nothing but an OG then I would imagine LT is still up for grabs.

I liked Allegretti more than what we have at OG but haven't seen the staff show that love yet at OC. Interior OL isn't really the place to bring back a guy like Reiter who was nothing but trash if they already have some nice thoughts about the youngster. Kilgore would make much more sense to bring back for vet minimum as the guy to compete. 

Another thing to keep in mind is that they actually tendered Wylie to come back, which means 5 OGs on the roster already with possible project players coming in as well. There sure will be some shuffling around.

32 minutes ago, sith13 said:

They could end up trying Thuney at LT or wherever but teams don't pay top money to players just to move them to a new position. Long has history at OT and could end up there but if they see him as nothing but an OG then I would imagine LT is still up for grabs.

I liked Allegretti more than what we have at OG but haven't seen the staff show that love yet at OC. Interior OL isn't really the place to bring back a guy like Reiter who was nothing but trash if they already have some nice thoughts about the youngster. Kilgore would make much more sense to bring back for vet minimum as the guy to compete. 

Another thing to keep in mind is that they actually tendered Wylie to come back, which means 5 OGs on the roster already with possible project players coming in as well. There sure will be some shuffling around.

I dont want Reiter back either. AND Wylie should be in a fight to even make the team.

3 hours ago, kkuenn said:

I want to see a center and LT later then. If Schwartz is in their plans maybe Niang does go to LT? A true mauling center who can pass/run block would be what the line needs. 

Sounds like Allegretti

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/nick-allegretti/39268

https://arrowheadguys.com/nick-allegretti-the-next-starting-center/

"When the Chiefs drafted him, I knew it was going to be as competition for Austin Reiter at the center position. Allegretti is 6’4” and 320 pounds, he’s athletic, intelligent, huge, and has a bit of nastiness to his game that the coaching staff loves. He played in 47 games during his career and started every game the last three years of his career at Illinois. He’s a durable lineman and the versatility of being able to play either guard or center was a key in being so attractive to the Chiefs. In 2018, Allegretti was among the best guards, in power five conference schools, when it came to pass blocking."

2 minutes ago, Palangi said:

Are they? Or is that just rumors? 

Rumors or not,  the fact they have not flat out said it is not true speaks volumes. I would rather see Thuney at Center than Allegretti. He has played it in games in the NFL. I wanted Hudson badly

He would have been perfect for us. We need to get one in FA or draft. We can't go forward hoping someone can play the spot and not collapse the pocket in front of Mahomes. 

3 minutes ago, Palangi said:

Are they? Or is that just rumors? 

I agree with you on most topics around here, more than I agree with many other posters, but I don't quite get your love for Allegretti.  Late round project, very unimpressive outside of the Buffalo game, which in retrospect was an anomaly for the whole line.

20 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

I agree with you on most topics around here, more than I agree with many other posters, but I don't quite get your love for Allegretti.  Late round project, very unimpressive outside of the Buffalo game, which in retrospect was an anomaly for the whole line.

Cheap guy that if he did work out would be great for us. I just can't place 3 games at the college level and now 3 years later to think he will ever be a center. 

22 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

I didnt think he was unimpressive at all. I thought he was solid all yr. Shit his pants in the SB. But everyone sees the game through their own lens.