Free agent rumor(s)

25 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I didnt think he was unimpressive at all.

Let me backtrack somewhat, I don't spend a lot of time focusing on individual line play, just line play as a whole.  I thought what the whole line did aside from/after the Buffalo game was just average.  After that point it was mixed.  Allegretti didn't stick out to me for better or worse, didn't seem like we got that push in the run game other than the Buffalo game and we all know what happened in SB LV.

There has been a lot of line talk of free Agents.  How about some WR talk too. There is a rumor of TY Hilton,  and supposedly we've missed out on a couple WRs. There isn't much left but 2 guys that could be interesting to kick the tires on would be. 

Laquon Treadwell. I know he hasn't been what he was expected to be.  But we could get him for cheap and he would be a physical WR that could run the middle routes.

Mack Hollins. Has shown flashes but could be interesting a well. 

Veach is known for finding some gems amongst the rumble.  He shines with these practice squad, bench, 3rd tier FA guys.   I know we missed out on Williams and Juju but if you read their tweets they basically never wanted to leave their respective teams.    We can blame Veach for his poor drafts and being in this position but reality is two freak injuries have put us here.    Fisher and Schwartz don't get hurt and we are back to back SB champs and we are signing Thuney and looking to upgrade WR, DE and C in the draft and then addressing OT's in 2022.   We just pushed that date to this year, so this is going to be a rebuild year on the Oline.  If we do this right we still could win the SB this year and 2022-2025 we will be easily favored to do it again and again and again.   

Cosmi would be okay for the first pick.  So would Perkins.  Even better would be AVT.  Mayfield is projected as a solid starter.  The point is that even if six or seven OTs go in the first round, there's someone worth drafting at #31.  Eichenburg is supposedly ready to start  Little, Radunz,  and Brown might take some coaching and seasoning.  There's no excuse for the Chiefs not to get an OTOTF next month.  

Not many players want to be buried in a depth chart behind Kelce and Hill. There's a lot of targets to go around but anyone who wants to be a #1 WR will stay away from KC in FA as long as there's someone else out there willing to pay them. We'll probably need to find WRs via draft or go for 2nd-3rd tier FAs. 

I always thought Dirty Dan was a decent backup material but definitely not a starter. Wouldn't mind him coming back for a lame deal. The only thing that worries me is that Chiefs have been bringing back a lot of useless guys and seems like there's intention to bring back a couple more. I know it's not easy to overhaul so many pieces in an offseason but I feel like we might be in for a bigger disappointment than expected. Still with Mahomes in town SB is very probable in every season but Veach and co. should make the path easier for him. 

I'm not unhappy with the actual players they've signed so far, and understand they've had some near misses. 

But what are they going to use their war chest FOR now?  It's a bit much for signing draft picks or diamonds in the rough. What other possibilities exist? 

4 hours ago, sith13 said:

Not many players want to be buried in a depth chart behind Kelce and Hill. There's a lot of targets to go around but anyone who wants to be a #1 WR will stay away from KC in FA as long as there's someone else out there willing to pay them. We'll probably need to find WRs via draft or go for 2nd-3rd tier FAs. 

Which is dumb, because Patrick will find them and make them look elite regardless who's on the field. But that's OK, fuck em if they want to go to a mediocre team instead. 

It's not that dumb.  Because Mahomes, Hill, and Kelce are so good, and also because Mahomes distributes the ball so well, our lower-end guys just aren't going to have great volume stats.  They may make nice plays --- Robinson, Hardman, Pringle all have at least a few great plays on their highlight reels --- but they just don't get the same number of targets because Hill and Kelce get the bulk of them then the rest are spread around.

1 hour ago, sith13 said:

I always thought Dirty Dan was a decent backup material but definitely not a starter. Wouldn't mind him coming back for a lame deal. The only thing that worries me is that Chiefs have been bringing back a lot of useless guys and seems like there's intention to bring back a couple more. I know it's not easy to overhaul so many pieces in an offseason but I feel like we might be in for a bigger disappointment than expected. Still with Mahomes in town SB is very probable in every season but Veach and co. should make the path easier for him. 

Well we went all in last year and kept guys around for continuity but by doing so you rob younger guys of opportunities to grow.   Sorensen is a great #4, decent #3 safety,  but it limits the D when he's forced to be a #2.     What derailed this gravy train was both stalwarts at tackle got injured.   Otherwise we would have upgraded LG and our Oline would only really need a starting C in the draft and a developmental OT.   This whole offseason looks different.    Imagine having Schwartz and Fisher back.....and having won back to back SB's.   

Crazy how a couple injuries can cripple you quickly.  Sadly we don't have great depth because of poor drafts and a top heavy roster.  With all that said we have Mahomes, Hill and Kelce and if we get a servicable LT we will be fine as our IOL is better.   We just can't be reaching in this draft and we need to find 2-3 immediate/future starters and a couple depth pieces.   

Sky isn't falling, just yet.  I think we sign Melvin Ingram, K'Quan Williams and an eventual FA WR will give us more flexibility in the draft.  Its going to be ok.  Think of this as a semi-rebuild all the while being the serious SB contenders.  That's not bad.

In 2020, Sorensen made a $3.6 million base salary with a $1 million signing bonus for a cap hit of $4.75 million. Teope later reported Sorensen’s 2021 figure at $2.46 million deal fully guaranteed.

In 15 games (11 starts) in 2020, he finished with 91 tackles (68 solo), five passes defensed, two forced fumbles and three interceptions.