Free agent rumor(s)

This gives us 3 sufficient boundary guys and 1 stud in Sneed.   Keyes could make a jump as well as could Baker.    Takes that need off the board for the draft.   Would make DE, S, Coverage Backer, then eventual MLB as the biggest needs on D.  

So far pretty underwhelming off-season. Seems like we are standing on hope... hope Niang works out,  hope we can draft a LT, hope one pro bowl G is enough of addition to solidify a decimated O-line, hope we can draft a LB, WR, DE, OL worth a damn to make is stronger.  

I know, be patient.  Just like to see some area by now we appear stronger than we left off.  

5 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

So far pretty underwhelming off-season. Seems like we are standing on hope... hope Niang works out,  hope we can draft a LT, hope one pro bowl G is enough of addition to solidify a decimated O-line, hope we can draft a LB, WR, DE, OL worth a damn to make is stronger.  

I know, be patient.  Just like to see some area by now we appear stronger than we left off.  

Offensive lIne?

20 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Offensive lIne?

We've got a for sure guard and 4 question marks. Niang I think will be good in time eventually, but that's still 3 others that are blah.  LDT, Long, and last years retreads don't get me excited and don't translate as a better overall line at this point in my opinion.   If we could have pulled off Andrew's I'd have been more excited. 

Even a WR that can move the chains, doesn't drop the ball, and stays healthy would be an improvement. Doesn't have to be a world beater, just consistently reliable as a 3rd option. Hope they give Pringle more opportunities over Hardman and Robinson this year. 

wasn't an FA BUT dang it

Cardinals trade C Mason Cole to Vikings for 6th-round compensatory pick

The Arizona Cardinals were busy on Thursday. After announcing the addition of cornerback Malcolm Butler in free agency, the team also announced a trade.

Center Mason Cole, who became expendable after the team traded for center Rodney Hudson, was traded to the Minnesota Vikings. In exchange, the Cardinals receive Minnesota’s sixth-round selection, the 223rd overall pick in the draft. It is Minnesota’s compensatory selection.

The Cardinals save some cap space in the move. He was due to make more than $2.1 million this coming season because of a playing time escalator. The Vikings are now on the hook for that money. Arizona will carry more than $190,000 in dead money for the remaining amount of his original signing bonus that was prorated for this season.

2 hours ago, Biggjliv4 said:

I respectfully disagree.  I don't think Veach and Co. are "standing on hope" as evidenced by their significant interest and, apparently, aggressive offer for Trent Williams and JuJu Smith-Shuster.  In fact, I think it's pretty clear they know where the weak points are and are not sitting on the sidelight waiting for hope to fill the needs.  To me, they had a couple positions they intend to spend money/capital on to improve and identified players they wanted.  They didn't get those players.  That doesn't mean they're still not going to do something.  They could still sign a surprise cut down the road, draft high or trade before/during draft.  I have no idea what Veach will/won't do, but I'm fairly confident he'll make a move somewhere.  

2 hours ago, Biggjliv4 said:

2 pro bowl OGs...

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

wasn't an FA BUT dang it

Cardinals trade C Mason Cole to Vikings for 6th-round compensatory pick

The Arizona Cardinals were busy on Thursday. After announcing the addition of cornerback Malcolm Butler in free agency, the team also announced a trade.

Center Mason Cole, who became expendable after the team traded for center Rodney Hudson, was traded to the Minnesota Vikings. In exchange, the Cardinals receive Minnesota’s sixth-round selection, the 223rd overall pick in the draft. It is Minnesota’s compensatory selection.

The Cardinals save some cap space in the move. He was due to make more than $2.1 million this coming season because of a playing time escalator. The Vikings are now on the hook for that money. Arizona will carry more than $190,000 in dead money for the remaining amount of his original signing bonus that was prorated for this season.

Hes a bum. Hes graded out below average all 3 yrs.