Free agent rumor(s)

9 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

What about Allegretti and a draft pick battling for center?

If they feel that way, but Allegretti already battled a 7th round pick in Reiter, among others, and could not win the job. I want us to draft a high one if we don't fill via FA or trade/cuts.

23 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

If they feel that way, but Allegretti already battled a 7th round pick in Reiter, among others, and could not win the job. I want us to draft a high one if we don't fill via FA or trade/cuts.

When did he battle Reiter? When was he given a single first team snap at center? This is total crap Kyle. We were coming off a SB win and our starting center was under contract. Allegretti had no chance to take his job away last year. 

The year prior when Morse was injured Reiter filled in and played well. So in 2019 the job was his to lose. Not Allegrettis to win. 

And for the record...Tim Grunhard said last week he sees Allegretti starting there next year. Not saying he's right. But I trust his opinion on centers more than yours or mine.

10 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

When did he battle Reiter? When was he given a single first team snap at center? This is total crap Kyle. We were coming off a SB win and our starting center was under contract. Allegretti had no chance to take his job away last year. 

The year prior when Morse was injured Reiter filled in and played well. So in 2019 the job was his to lose. Not Allegrettis to win. 

And for the record...Tim Grunhard said last week he sees Allegretti starting there next year. Not saying he's right. But I trust his opinion on centers more than yours or mine.

Well that is good. Allegretti was seen as a possible center. Like it or not, if he would have outplayed Reiter the last couple years he would have been given a chance. Even when they replaced Reiter, they did so with Kilgore. A guy who has yet to take a snap at center in the NFL after a few years does not bode well for him.  I could care less but I rather have a drafted center, high one, then rely on putting all my eggs in this basket Lukas. 

10 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

14 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Well that is good. Allegretti was seen as a possible center. Like it or not, if he would have outplayed Reiter the last couple years he would have been given a chance. Even when they replaced Reiter, they did so with Kilgore. A guy who has yet to take a snap at center in the NFL after a few years does not bode well for him.  I could care less but I rather have a drafted center, high one, then rely on putting all my eggs in this basket Lukas. 

Me too. But I'd certainly rather see Allegretti get the chance than Reiter. Dude is a straight bum. That's why he's had no market. 

7 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Me too. But I'd certainly rather see Allegretti get the chance than Reiter. Dude is a straight bum. That's why he's had no market. 

But the rumors of him coming back...... this is why LT remains a mystery. If they plan on keeping Thuney at LG, where Allegretti did well, then I can't see Allegretti moving to the right side where he has never played I believe. LDT and Long will battle that out. Long or Thuney can play LT too. So maybe Allegretti stays put?

Then you look how hard we pushed to get Williams. That would say they plan on putting Thuney and Long/LDT at guard. Allegretti may be our center but again, if he was not given a Chace because of what they saw, why would we want that?

I think center drafted high with a LT develop type guy would be our draft.  Just maybe get one of those positions as a stop gap type vet like Pouncy, or one of the vet LTs.

I would like to pick up a center after we trade back. Get the center and go after an OT like Brown, is it? from UNI with our last pick in the 2nd round. Then again we still need a 2nd WR, LB help, 2nd TE etc too.

27 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

But the rumors of him coming back...... this is why LT remains a mystery. If they plan on keeping Thuney at LG, where Allegretti did well, then I can't see Allegretti moving to the right side where he has never played I believe. LDT and Long will battle that out. Long or Thuney can play LT too. So maybe Allegretti stays put?

Then you look how hard we pushed to get Williams. That would say they plan on putting Thuney and Long/LDT at guard. Allegretti may be our center but again, if he was not given a Chace because of what they saw, why would we want that?

I think center drafted high with a LT develop type guy would be our draft.  Just maybe get one of those positions as a stop gap type vet like Pouncy, or one of the vet LTs.

I would like to pick up a center after we trade back. Get the center and go after an OT like Brown, is it? from UNI with our last pick in the 2nd round. Then again we still need a 2nd WR, LB help, 2nd TE etc too.

Both Pounceys retired.

Anyone ready for a crazy Balto trade?

Still reports about Michael Thomas could be traded......reports are also out there about Saints trading Armstead because of cap space and the fact that Ryan Ramczyk is about to become the highest paid tackle in the game!

Chiefs get:

Thomas, WR

Armstead, OT

Saints get:

2022 1st

2022 2nd

Hardman, WR

We get our much needed stud LT in Armstead and instead of searching for a true #2 behind Hill we get a wr in Thomas that you could say we now have a #1.A and #1.B with Hill and Thomas on the outsides!!!!!  Both Thomas and Armsteads contracts are very reasonable.

Saints do this because 1). Thomas could be asking for a trade 2). Cap issues really don’t help paying both Armstead and Ramczyk top tier tackle money.

Armstead

Thuney

Alligator or rookie

Long

Niang/Schwartz

1 minute ago, Balto said:

Still reports about Michael Thomas could be traded......reports are also out there about Saints trading Armstead because of cap space and the fact that Ryan Ramczyk is about to become the highest paid tackle in the game!

Chiefs get:

Thomas, WR

Armstead, OT

Saints get:

2022 1st

2022 2nd

Hardman, WR

We get our much needed stud LT in Armstead and instead of searching for a true #2 behind Hill we get a wr in Thomas that you could say we now have a #1.A and #1.B with Hill and Thomas on the outsides!!!!!  Both Thomas and Armsteads contracts are very reasonable.

Saints do this because 1). Thomas could be asking for a trade 2). Cap issues really don’t help paying both Armstead and Ramczyk top tier tackle money.

Armstead

Thuney

Alligator or rookie

Long

Niang/Schwartz

Alligator lmao

I heard Orlando Brown struggles to move and against deep drops.   Mahomes goes deep a lot which could be a huge problem.  Also I'd rather not use two big stones to hit one bird.   Draft your future LT at 31 or move back up in the 2nd to get him.   Use your FA money to be shrewd in FA.  We just signed DRob for 1 million.  He's a perfect #3-#4 wr and he knows our system.  Basically our wr corp is back from last year since Watkins couldn't stay healthy and we are still trying to fill that #2 spot.   Jarran Reed is about to be cut....there will be good players cut in the coming weeks that fit our needs and eventually money will dry up so we can fill some holes before the draft.     

I will be extremely upset if we sign Reiter back to a contract for more than 3-4 million annually.   I'm afraid we will though.  

59 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I heard Orlando Brown struggles to move and against deep drops.   Mahomes goes deep a lot which could be a huge problem.  Also I'd rather not use two big stones to hit one bird.   Draft your future LT at 31 or move back up in the 2nd to get him.   Use your FA money to be shrewd in FA.  We just signed DRob for 1 million.  He's a perfect #3-#4 wr and he knows our system.  Basically our wr corp is back from last year since Watkins couldn't stay healthy and we are still trying to fill that #2 spot.   Jarran Reed is about to be cut....there will be good players cut in the coming weeks that fit our needs and eventually money will dry up so we can fill some holes before the draft.     

I will be extremely upset if we sign Reiter back to a contract for more than 3-4 million annually.   I'm afraid we will though.  

I would much rather enter the draft with an obvious need at OC rather than pay Reiter even that much. Mack got around 5 million per year, I doubt any GM wants to pay Reiter even half that much. 

6 hours ago, Balto said:

Chiefs get:

Thomas, WR

Armstead, OT

Saints get:

2022 1st

2022 2nd

Hardman, WR

Armstead

Thuney

Alligator or rookie

Long

Niang/Schwartz

Man though, Thomas' salary cap hits explode starting next year at about 25 mil per year for 2022 through 2024.  75 mil over 3 years is rough and no extra years to restructure.