Free agent rumor(s)

We don't need a star receiver. Hill is already that and Kelce is the best in the business. We simply need a 2nd tier guy if we are going for a FA or a decent rookie who can contribute in the short term. Unless there's a veteran WR we could bring in for a 5th or later I wouldn't consider any trades at this point. 

Just now, sith13 said:

We don't need a star receiver. Hill is already that and Kelce is the best in the business. We simply need a 2nd tier guy if we are going for a FA or a decent rookie who can contribute in the short term. Unless there's a veteran WR we could bring in for a 5th or later I wouldn't consider any trades at this point. 

Draft.  We need a guy that can destroy man coverage besides Kelce and tyreek.  Seems from the FAs they kicked the tires on they want a bigger guy at #2.  Makes sense.

4 minutes ago, sith13 said:

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2021/03/25/kansas-city-chiefs-2021-free-agency-left-tackle-russell-okung-interest/

At this point I think Okung would be a solid addition. 1-year stopgap but we still would need to draft LT early as his health is always a concern and we need someone to take over in 2022. 

That would certainly give us more breathing space in the draft to find a left tackle in case there's a run early.  There are guys who could be great there but need a little time to develop.

Radunz and Spencer Brown come to mind.  

20 minutes ago, xen said:

That would certainly give us more breathing space in the draft to find a left tackle in case there's a run early.  There are guys who could be great there but need a little time to develop.

Radunz and Spencer Brown come to mind.  

Definitely, if we enter the draft with an immediate need at LT and OC we might end up using multiple picks for each position. There seems to be some nice talent at OT that won't be ready to start soon according to the "experts", would be nice to have the flexibility to go for the best option instead of the immediate guy.

6 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Crypto isn't going away. People waiting for another crash are gonna be wishing they'd bought instead of sold.

Oh I'm sure it will crash again at some point.  Investors are too panicky for it not to.  Long term though I like it.  Have some myself.

28 minutes ago, xen said:

Oh I'm sure it will crash again at some point.  Investors are too panicky for it not to.  Long term though I like it.  Have some myself.

Futures period ends today. May nosedive a bit. But long term it's $$$$. I'm in GBTC instead. More affordable. Share price has doubled since I got in and as BTC goes, it goes.

Anyway...about Okung. Wtf is the holdup. This makes too much sense not to happen. 

3 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Saw somewhere that it could top out at 300k per........😳

Right now the only downside is a few guys that actually own enough to tank the value whenever they feel like it. Crypto is here to stay in the long run, and I bet the banks are trying to find a way in the whole thing as well.

It's not talked about enough but guys like Okung probably don't want a stopgap year.  He just saw Trent Williams get a huge contract at 33 years old.  Okung is looking for probably his last big payday so he's hoping for more years.   Which normally would be fine.  As a player of his level of talent is sufficient for us to make the SB but it is his injury history that makes this challenging.    

Obviously, there is pressure on him to sign too, but after missing out on Trent we look like the more desperate side.   Get him in and lets draft a developmental LT in the first 2 rounds.    I like the idea of drafting DE and then moving back up with our 2nd and 3rd and getting that LT in the 40's then grabbing David Moore for OC in the 4th.   

5 hours ago, xen said:

Man though, Thomas' salary cap hits explode starting next year at about 25 mil per year for 2022 through 2024.  75 mil over 3 years is rough and no extra years to restructure.

This trade would need to be agreed on and go public and be processed after June 1 for MAX cap relief for the Saints. 

What I see is this for Thomas:  Taking away the bonus's of course

2021:  $1.190M

2022:  $15.8M

2023:  $16.450M

2024:  $19.7M

Now the only thing that I might be wrong about is that "Restructure Bonus" $4.9M.  I think that counts as any other bonus(Signing Bonus does not carry over to a new team) BUT if I'm wrong and it does carry over to the new team than all those numbers go up by $4.9M a year.  IF true....the one way to fix that is restructure and up his 2021 base salary from the $1.19M to what ever we have room for.  Again it could easily be done IF NEEDED but who knows how large the cap jump will be with new tv deals making it not matter either way.    

47 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

It's not talked about enough but guys like Okung probably don't want a stopgap year.  He just saw Trent Williams get a huge contract at 33 years old.  Okung is looking for probably his last big payday so he's hoping for more years.   Which normally would be fine.  As a player of his level of talent is sufficient for us to make the SB but it is his injury history that makes this challenging.    

Obviously, there is pressure on him to sign too, but after missing out on Trent we look like the more desperate side.   Get him in and lets draft a developmental LT in the first 2 rounds.    I like the idea of drafting DE and then moving back up with our 2nd and 3rd and getting that LT in the 40's then grabbing David Moore for OC in the 4th.   

I was just thinking about this. I bet he wants 2 or 3. Hopefully we could structure that with an out after the first or second yr. 

3 minutes ago, Balto said:

Well we now know why the 49ers were willing to give Williams what ever he wanted...

49ers just traded for the #3 overall pick with Miami!  They going after that QB it seems

Fins get #12 and #102 this year. Along with 2022 1st rounder and 2023 1st rounder.

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Futures period ends today. May nosedive a bit. But long term it's $$$$. I'm in GBTC instead. More affordable. Share price has doubled since I got in and as BTC goes, it goes.

Anyway...about Okung. Wtf is the holdup. This makes too much sense not to happen. 

I just bought coins directly when the covid crashed the coin market last march.  Have done well with that.  Wish I'd bought more.

13 minutes ago, Balto said:

Well we now know why the 49ers were willing to give Williams what ever he wanted...

49ers just traded for the #3 overall pick with Miami!  They going after that QB it seems

Honestly his contract isn't as horrible as it looks.  There's an out after 3 years.  Still way too much for a 33 year old tackle who hasn't played 16 full games in years but not quite as bad as it first looked.