Free agent rumor(s)

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I was just thinking about this. I bet he wants 2 or 3. Hopefully we could structure that with an out after the first or second yr. 

Multiple years helps us out this year if we want to backload the contract but how much do we want to backload especially if we are expecting the drafted LT to start.   Would still rather overpay a little for one year and be done with it.  All these restructures push money back and eventually it will catch up.  No matter how large those TV contracts are players will consume larger %'s of the cap and it will hurt the teams that pushed more money to the end of the cap.    

3 hours ago, xen said:

Oh I'm sure it will crash again at some point.  Investors are too panicky for it not to.  Long term though I like it.  Have some myself.

Bitcoin is an investment... and a good one

in troubled times I focus more on protecting what I have and less on earnings. Nothing better for that than precious metals. 

That is, until those fucking commies in DC make it illegal to own.

Like they will with bitcoin, if the shit ever hits the fan.

The Dolphins would have had 2 first-round picks the following two years but moved back up to 6 and gave up 12 this year and a first next year.  Curious to whom they want at 6?   Not sure the move up was necessary unless you wanted Sewell or Chase and both might still be gone.   If they weren't sold on Tua they were in perfect spot at #3 so they must feel good with Tua.     Gonna be a fun next couple of weeks.    We should have a pick of a solid LT/WR/DE with all these qb's that are gonna fly off the board.   Watch us sell the farm to move up for K Toney lol.

Just now, mex said:

in troubled times I focus more on protecting what I have and less on earnings. Nothing better for that than precious metals. 

Commodities my friend lol.   A garage full of Jack and Marlboros.

9 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

The Dolphins would have had 2 first-round picks the following two years but moved back up to 6 and gave up 12 this year and a first next year.  Curious to whom they want at 6?   Not sure the move up was necessary unless you wanted Sewell or Chase and both might still be gone.   If they weren't sold on Tua they were in perfect spot at #3 so they must feel good with Tua.     Gonna be a fun next couple of weeks.    We should have a pick of a solid LT/WR/DE with all these qb's that are gonna fly off the board.   Watch us sell the farm to move up for K Toney lol.

Gotta be Pitts, right?

8 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Commodities my friend lol.   A garage full of Jack and Marlboros.

agree 100%...

I know how to make alcohol in my garage... so I got that goin' for me... which is nice

I also may or may not have a little gold and silver tucked away in various bartering denominations

it's all about the prep

53 minutes ago, mex said:

They're already trying to go after digital currency.  Good luck with that though.  SEC already went after Ripple.

Just now, xen said:

They're already trying to go after digital currency.  Good luck with that though.  SEC already went after Ripple.

I don't own BTC yet, but I've heard the IRS is all over you if you cash out... if that's true... then gov't can own you... just like FDR did in the 30's.

It will be for the good of the country of course. 

2 minutes ago, mex said:

I don't own BTC yet, but I've heard the IRS is all over you if you cash out... if that's true... then gov't can own you... just like FDR did in the 30's.

It will be for the good of the country of course. 

I wouldn't know.  All my crypto fell overboard at the lake.

44 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Okung could be a good signing if he takes a 1 year deal. He is too injury prone to sign long term. If he is a stopgap hopefully he can fill in at tackle until one or both of fischer/ Schwartz return late in the year on cheap deals.

its not an ideal scenario, but this is the point the chiefs have reached

You really believe this is a more likely plan than him starting for a year and handing the reigns to a younger player in 2022?

People just will not give up on the Fisher/ Schwartz thing. It's bizarre.

28 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

You really believe this is a more likely plan than him starting for a year and handing the reigns to a younger player in 2022?

The drafted rookie is the key.  Any stop gap is for one year max and Fisher returning would be an unexpected bonus.  The future lies in a top draft pick on a rookie salary both at OT and OC, either one or both drafted this year.  Otherwise, we'll be having this same discussion 12 months from now.  

4 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Gotta be Pitts, right?

1. Lawrence

2. Wilson

3. San Fran - Fields/Jones/Lance  -  there is no other position that warrants moving up in this draft to get other than QB.....they resigned Williams so Sewell is off the board.

4.  Falcons - 

5.  Bengals -

6.  Dolphins - No guarantee Pitts drops to them but there is a good chance he does.   Still is Pitts worth two firsts?   

11 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

1. Lawrence

2. Wilson

3. San Fran - Fields/Jones/Lance  -  there is no other position that warrants moving up in this draft to get other than QB.....they resigned Williams so Sewell is off the board.

4.  Falcons - 

5.  Bengals -

6.  Dolphins - No guarantee Pitts drops to them but there is a good chance he does.   Still is Pitts worth two firsts?   

I mean it's not really 2 firsts. They gave up a 2022 first and number 12 this year for number 6 this year. It's like a first and a pick swap. For a TE this rare it may be worth it.

27 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

1. Lawrence

2. Wilson

4.  Falcons - 

5.  Bengals -

I would do that trade for pitts

3 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I don’t want to count on either of them. Realistically okung is not going to make it through the season, he is a 10-12 game a season guy. When he gets hurt in week 8 it would be nice to have someone familiar with our system to step in