Free agent rumor(s)

7 minutes ago, jetlord said:

So does this mean the Chiefs don't need to prioritize an edge rusher in the draft?  What happens to Saunders?  Maybe he could takeover the FB spot.  😉

Don't think it means anything except Veach was able to add a hell of a good quality player to our DL. I think DE and OL are just as great of a priority as this started. 

I could see a guy like Paye, Oweh, or Phillips drop to us at 31.  Would be hard to pass up the makings of an elite Dline.   I know we need LT and OC but if they bring Reiter back he's at least a wash from last year and probably overall better because the guards are better.   

Agree we probably don't go DE but I wouldn't be mad if they had a plan for that LT spot either at 63 or a trade back up to grab a Liam E.   

Very weird and interesting signing. Reed is a stud and had a similar situation to Clark in Seattle in terms of long term deal but I wouldn't expect him to sign a 1-year deal as there would be a lot of buyers willing to give up something in the long term. I guess they really pissed him off and Veach moved in very quick but still a very surprising move. 

6 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

I could see a guy like Paye, Oweh, or Phillips drop to us at 31.  Would be hard to pass up the makings of an elite Dline.   I know we need LT and OC but if they bring Reiter back he's at least a wash from last year and probably overall better because the guards are better.   

Agree we probably don't go DE but I wouldn't be mad if they had a plan for that LT spot either at 63 or a trade back up to grab a Liam E.   

Protect Mahomes at all cost.  

This should be our motto for the next 10 years.  Do not put off taking a LT

1 hour ago, KC Warpaint said:

Who is out there that is worth a shot?

4 minutes ago, Palangi said:

Who is left to sign as a #2?

Don't know about specific names that would be targeted but there still seems to be some names worth a shot: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/wide-receiver/

Goodwin, Brown, Tate all seem like viable options for short term deals but I'm sure there will be some new FAs coming in once the roster shuffling starts after the draft. 

TBH I would really love to see Fitzgerald in KC, he's not as athletic as before but could be a very good possession receiver for Mahomes. I doubt he would be the definite #2 due to his age but he doesn't really miss games. I don't know what his health situations is but always liked Dede Westbrook as a smart version of Tate. If he didn't have a ring I imagine Brown could behave but not sure about right now. Goodwin is definitely worth a shot IMO but could want a long term deal.

4 minutes ago, sith13 said:

TBH I would really love to see Fitzgerald in KC, he's not as athletic as before but could be a very good possession receiver for Mahomes. I doubt he would be the definite #2 due to his age but he doesn't really miss games. I don't know what his health situations is but always liked Dede Westbrook as a smart version of Tate. If he didn't have a ring I imagine Brown could behave but not sure about right now. Goodwin is definitely worth a shot IMO but could want a long term deal.

I think Fitzs has his sights on the Buccs,

4 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I think Fitzs has his sights on the Buccs,

That sucks. He would be an excellent mentor to the youngsters as well, who knows may be Hardman can learn to play WR watching him and I'm pretty sure Pringle would only get better with a guy like Fitz around. 

18 minutes ago, sith13 said:

In my opinion Westbrook is the best WR left out there with easily the highest ceiling. 

Chiefs re-signed S Daniel Sorensen to a one-year contract. 

Sorensen, who started 11 games for the Chiefs in 2020, recorded three interceptions, five passes defensed, and had two forced fumbles. He also played nearly 40 percent of the team's special teams snaps in 2020. He'll return to his versatile role in the KC secondary, which Pro Football Focus graded as the league's 13th best last year.