Free agent rumor(s)

6 minutes ago, dhitter said:

I think with Blythe it boils down to: 1. Willing to sign a one year deal. 2. An upgrade as a run blocker. 3. Has experience at guard and center.

In that order.

As far as Mahomes drops back Reiter the pressure rate and sacks would be down which would definitely inflate those PFF numbers.   There is a reason he has had little to no interest this offseason.  People in the know, know he is a replacement-level player.    However if we had brought him back I think the IOL would be light years better than last year with additions of Thuney, Long, and LDT back. 

4 minutes ago, Palangi said:

I believe Blythe is coming in as center depth as a very to sit behind Allegretti.

Everyone is asking for a good pass blocker that can maul in the run game.  That is Allegretti

Why would he leave a situation where he was starting in order to do that?  Maybe it's a competition.

2 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

Why would he leave a situation where he was starting in order to do that?  Maybe it's a competition.

Because they might not have been bringing him back? Could have a young guy ready to take over.  It's not like Blythe is some pro bowler.  In fact he is very similar to Reiter.  

Which is why I think he is being lied at as a veteran depth to help out

1 minute ago, Palangi said:

Because they might not have been bringing him back? Could have a young guy ready to take over.  It's not like Blythe is some pro bowler.  In fact he is very similar to Reiter.  

Which is why I think he is being lied at as a veteran depth to help out

If Allegretti ends up being 60% as good as he is in your mind I feel like that will still be amazing

Just now, Adamixoye said:

If Allegretti ends up being 60% as good as he is in your mind I feel like that will still be amazing

I don't think he is amazing.  But I think he is our best option right now.  I thought he showed solid ability last year that can grow and develop.  

1 minute ago, Palangi said:

I don't think he is amazing.  But I think he is our best option right now.  I thought he showed solid ability last year that can grow and develop.  

It just seems like you've been penciling him in as (at least) an above average starter from the moment he was drafted.

15 minutes ago, Palangi said:

I believe Blythe is coming in as center depth as a very to sit behind Allegretti.

Everyone is asking for a good pass blocker that can maul in the run game.  That is Allegretti

Blythes pass blocking will go up with Mahomes. His run blocking ability will make us even more dangerous. Couple this with 2 vet guards, both upgrades and we have a better line. Now to draft and develop behind him.

9 minutes ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

How come everyone gives mittens what he wants. My best day ever was when I blocked him!!!  Made this board so much more enjoyable!!!

Because WE all get along with him and don’t get butthurt when he posts something,  I met hands at a ravens chiefs preseason game some years ago and he is good people. 

17 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

Because WE all get along with him and don’t get butthurt when he posts something,  I met hands at a ravens chiefs preseason game some years ago and he is good people. 

Well. Not all of us get a long with him!  Hence why we have the ignore button!

2 hours ago, Balto said:

I totally get it and your correct.  It's just the fact that all of us come to this site because we are a little more involved with our love for the Kansas City Chiefs than a typical fan and yes we all bitch or cheer players/coaches/front office all the time.  This includes arguing with each other on what we think KC should do or should sign or who sucks/great.

And maybe it is just me but to read someone's post that is 100% negative about OUR team and they are not even Chiefs fan just rubs me the wrong way.  So I respectively disagree about "we wouldn't mod a chiefs fan for saying what Hands said as a rule of thumb" because I believe Non-Chiefs fans should be held on a different level than us actual Chiefs fans, ON THIS "KC CHIEFS" SITE!

Just seems wrong to have to block a Ravens fan that's allowed to come onto a Chiefs fan website and bad mouth our team all the time.

Hey Hands....Just become a Chiefs fan and I'll buy you your first Mahomes Jersey!  

He already is a secret Chiefs fan.  So is Stubby.  Trust me, he's so jealous of Mahomes it hurts his soul.

Think of it this way, we have a few guys like Hands that have literally been with us since the board started nearly 20 years ago.  And yes he's been banned a few times but always takes his timeouts like a man and comes back.

So yeah he can be annoying but he's like that ugly puppy you took in. Sure it has no tail and is missing teeth and his tongue flops out his mouth all the time and he only has 3 legs.  But he's your ugly dog.

12 hours ago, Thegoatee said:

I think the bigger question about Hands is why a Flacco holding Lombardi profile picture? Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, or other legit great players were not available? I’d even throw more respect if it was Dilfer holding it, if only for being the worst QB to win one. Heck, why not troll KC with Grbac in a Ravens jersey to remind us all of how frustrating that dude was? Heck, Lin Elliot it up. Your trolling needs improvement.

As to the new center, if he can run block and maul at all, sounds good to me.

Only two Qb's in NFL history have thrown for 11 Tds and Zero INTs in the post season while winning SB MVP: Joe Montana and Joe Flacco.

As much crap as I took on here about how every QB that KC trotted out there (Cassel, Croyle, etc) was better than Flacco, he won it all.

1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

Only two Qb's in NFL history have thrown for 11 Tds and Zero INTs in the post season while winning SB MVP: Joe Montana and Joe Flacco.

As much crap as I took on here about how every QB that KC trotted out there (Cassel, Croyle, etc) was better than Flacco, he won it all.

So did Terrell McClain.