Free agent rumor(s)

1 hour ago, xen said:

So did Terrell McClain.

Ha ha, most Chiefs fans don't even remeber his 11 day stint with the Chiefs.

Anyhoo, the conversation was about 'elite QB's winning the SB"

14 hours ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

How come everyone gives mittens what he wants. My best day ever was when I blocked him!!!  Made this board so much more enjoyable!!!

Awww, Captain Butthurt made an appearance....Hi Buddy!

1 minute ago, Biggjliv4 said:

If KC were to only make one last FA signing who would it be to minimize the bitch level?

I'd probably vote Okung to have somebody with experience for about 8 games if luck. The poor man's Sammy Watkins of LT. 

I could get on board with a FA LT. This way our picks can be BPA and go into next year knowing we can go after OT etc in draft or FA again. Also we may pick up that one OT that needed time to get NFL ready this year and will look even better next year. Also, gives us a chance at Linderbaum, C, next year!

Definitely a competent LT, if one exists.  I don't know what other position could even be under discussion.  It's the only position where it seems like we don't have even a possible starter on the roster right now.  Plugging that hole changes our draft strategy to be MUCH more flexible.

4 hours ago, Adamixoye said:

Definitely a competent LT, if one exists.  I don't know what other position could even be under discussion.  It's the only position where it seems like we don't have even a possible starter on the roster right now.  Plugging that hole changes our draft strategy to be MUCH more flexible.

What if they see price Tega-Wanoga as a starter? I don't know if they do or not.  But find it odd they haven't signed anyone

I don't think Okung would have a real impact on the draft, he would be a good option to start early in the year but with his health issues we can't really just call it bad luck if he goes down. Villanueva is more like the decent stopgap that can be somewhat trustworthy. 

35 minutes ago, sith13 said:

I don't think Okung would have a real impact on the draft, he would be a good option to start early in the year but with his health issues we can't really just call it bad luck if he goes down. Villanueva is more like the decent stopgap that can be somewhat trustworthy. 

Villanueva would be my hope. However, I believe the reason he hasn't signed anywhere yet is because he thinks he's worth more than he is (in years and dollars). I'm sure the Chiefs wouldn't mind him as a 1 yr. stopgap. Don't be surprised if at the end of it all he doesn't sign back with the Steelers.

7 minutes ago, dhitter said:

Villanueva would be my hope. However, I believe the reason he hasn't signed anywhere yet is because he thinks he's worth more than he is (in years and dollars). I'm sure the Chiefs wouldn't mind him as a 1 yr. stopgap. Don't be surprised if at the end of it all he doesn't sign back with the Steelers.

yea I have been keeping an eye on him. My best guess he probably wants a 3 yr contract  say for about 10M a year but he's 33 . It was said he was ready to put his house up for sale but reconsidered. Maybe the Steelers have made a gesture.

2 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

yea I have been keeping an eye on him. My best guess he probably wants a 3 yr contract  say for about 10M a year but he's 33 . It was said he was ready to put his house up for sale but reconsidered. Maybe the Steelers have made a gesture.

He'd have to swallow some pride and take a lesser deal for sure. Stuck between wanting to get paid and getting a ring. 

13 hours ago, Adamixoye said:

Burton is a true fullback, listed at 6-foot and 240 pounds. During his career, he has just 15 carries for 29 yards. He is sure-handed, though, recording 13 receptions on 17 targets for 81 yards and a touchdown.

In 2020, Burton played 29% of the special teams snaps and 19% of the offensive snaps with the Saints. If he’s more than a camp body in Kansas City, look for Burton to make his biggest mark on special teams. He has 13 career tackles and a fumble recovery on special teams during the course of his career.

Reid loves him some fullbacks.  Should help in crucial short yardage, either as a blocker or in some bizarre trick play he has designed for one special moment, something that that the opponent will never guess or be ready for but which will win the game. Otherwise, just a ST guy or an emergency extra blocker.