Free agent rumor(s)

10 hours ago, West said:

JuJu is about JuJu so no real surprise....screw him.

Schwartz wants to resign with KC.....I hope KC gives him a chance if he is healthy

Although we need a LT- Reid may go WR in Rd one....he can not help himself.

Hey Andy- you need to rewatch the Super Bowl film the night before the draft

w

What do you mean he can't help himself? How many WR has Reid drafted in round 1? 

41 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

One of them he used on one  half of Mahomes.  Another one was used on the other half of Mahomes. Pretty good, I'd say.

Yeah, just commenting on the fact that the Chiefs had no first rounder in three out of four years recently.  

23 minutes ago, sith13 said:

At 30 I'm not sure what he's looking for right now but Richardson in the mix would take this DL to the next level. Would probably look for something around 3-4 years but may be he waits a year for the cap increase. 

It sure would be fun.    CJ, Reed, Richardson, Clark     Pretty stout DL with some pocket collapsing ability.

Chiefs are the best fit for any WR so no surprises there but after winning a ring I'm not sure what Brown is looking for. May be some lame team gives him a long term deal for nice sum but Chiefs sure aren't in that situation. Would be great to have him on a 1-year deal though, already need a veteran WR and if motivated Brown is a great player.

13 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Brown is using us like Williams did.  He wants to get more from TB.   I for one wouldn't mind him.   Our lockerroom is strong enough.

I'd like to think that we have a strong locker room.  I'm also of the belief that just like our OL could sustain a certain number of injuries before Fisher's injury put us over the edge, I think locker rooms with strong leadership can sustain a certain number of knuckleheads without incident, and you never know when you'll get that straw that breaks the camel's back.  So I'm always worried of adding one more.

Also, I think our leadership guys --- seems like Kelce, Mahomes, HB, Clark are the big ones --- are also pretty emotional dudes (think how HB almost had a meltdown in the Super Bowl) and I'd be worried that we're just one bad day from transitioning from a good locker room to a less than great one.  Not to mention the turmoil on the coaching staff with the Reids.

Lastly, even if I wasn't worried about the locker room, we have at least three guys with an alleged DV incident in their past (Hill, Reed, Clark), I'm sure we'd get a lot of grief if we added another one to the mix in AB.

TL;DR from a pure football perspective I'd kick the tires on AB but I'm not sure if it's worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

Well now that the draft is over more FA's look to be hitting the open market.. The LT from Da Bears was surprising ..did the Chiefs move too fast getting Brown? I dunno and hindsight is always 20-20 but.

Seems the WTFs released a couple of nobody WRs but  one runs a 4.27 Jeff  Badat out of Oklahoma