Free agent rumor(s)

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

good point..just seemed in the few games I saw of the Colts he was more of a Clark than the old school Houston I was used to seeing

Well Clarks had 22 sacks the last 2 years with postseason.  Old school Houston is a myth.  2014 made people think he was an elite pass rusher but history has proven that incorrect.  The career stats for Clark and Houston are very similiar except Clark murders Houston with postseason stats.

2 minutes ago, xen said:

Well Clarks had 22 sacks the last 2 years with postseason.  Old school Houston is a myth.  2014 made people think he was an elite pass rusher but history has proven that incorrect.  The career stats for Clark and Houston are very similiar except Clark murders Houston with postseason stats.

So would you be a fan of signing him in the cheap? I would guess at this point he would be ok ring chasing. He's made almost $95 million in his career. He's always been a well rounded player.

I feel he'd be an upgrade to Kpass and Okafor. But I think one of our cheerleaders may be an upgrade to those 2.   Can you see a 2/10 type deal for him?

Draft a mid rd player to groom behind him and spell him at times. Resign Taco on a 1 yr dirt cheap deal. To me that would be a positional upgrade at DE. But it may only be marginal. 

1 hour ago, sith13 said:

Houston at 32 years old sounds like a good matchup to me. Not sure if would come back due to being cut the last time around but if he wants a ring to an already rich career then it could make a lot of sense. He has been productive with the Colts as well. 

Damn I'm starting to warm up to a cheap contract Justin Houston!  COME HOME  

52 minutes ago, Joe_Chief said:

I think there was a lot of bad blood between Houston and the Chiefs after his release...Houston was not happy at all.  I doubt he'd come back.

Agree, I don't  think that he would want to pass up a bigger contract.

2 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

So would you be a fan of signing him in the cheap? I would guess at this point he would be ok ring chasing. He's made almost $95 million in his career. He's always been a well rounded player.

I feel he'd be an upgrade to Kpass and Okafor. But I think one of our cheerleaders may be an upgrade to those 2.   Can you see a 2/10 type deal for him?

Draft a mid rd player to groom behind him and spell him at times. Resign Taco on a 1 yr dirt cheap deal. To me that would be a positional upgrade at DE. But it may only be marginal. 

I'd take Houston on a cheap vet exception contract.  Problem is he'd only take that IF he's ring chasing.  Doubt it.

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Yeah he probably should have offered himself a more team friendly deal. 

I was referring to him having any ill will towards an organization that paid him 100 million for 3 garbage years.   He wasn’t a leader and he had to be motivated by a backup trash DT.   That isn’t what we need around here.   

1 hour ago, xen said:

I'd take Houston on a cheap vet exception contract.  Problem is he'd only take that IF he's ring chasing.  Doubt it.

His playoff performances suggests he checks out in big games...maybe Spags can get the best out of him. He needs to want a ring.

50 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I was referring to him having any ill will towards an organization that paid him 100 million for 3 garbage years.   He wasn’t a leader and he had to be motivated by a backup trash DT.   That isn’t what we need around here.   

who be that?

44 minutes ago, DieHard said:

I wish we would have held onto Ogbah and let Okafor go. I know Ogbah was a free agent, but he showed me more that the others.

Kpass is a backup.  I would take him back on the cheap, but would not start him.

Had me until you said bring kpass back.  

1 hour ago, DieHard said:

His cap number was insane.  They really had no choice.  If he was butt hurt, then he does not own a calculator.

Ya I looked back and he had a $21.1M cap hit...OUCH

Chiefs did have about $7M in dead money but still saved about $15M.

18 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Was it not Justin Hamilton?

Yep 

It was against the Ravens and Justin Hamilton a backup challenged Houston.   Told him he needed to see the same energy in the game as what he sees during the week.  Told him you're the leader you need to take over and told him do your job.  It took that for Houston to play like he was capable of.  

4 hours ago, Okiechief1 said:

Yep 

It was against the Ravens and Justin Hamilton a backup challenged Houston.   Told him he needed to see the same energy in the game as what he sees during the week.  Told him you're the leader you need to take over and told him do your job.  It took that for Houston to play like he was capable of.  

Yep.  Ultra talented guy but winning in the nfl is more than talent.   That group talent wise was very talented but mentally weak.    Frank Clark might not get as many sacks or pressures but he plays the run better and most importantly he is a DAWG and holds himself and that D accountable.   I don't hate Houston, I hate that knee injury happened to him because he was peaking on an elite plane before the injury.  

Panthers released a few. They only have their Center signed on the O line and were up against the cap badly.  Anyone know if the other o line? Article expects them to use tag on their RT if they do.

The release of Pro Bowl defensive tackle Kawann Short on Wednesday and of defensive end Stephen Weatherly, safety Tre Boston