Free agent rumor(s)

21 minutes ago, sith13 said:

So they finally see the potential in Pringle. I'm pretty sure he'll start the season ahead of Hardman on the depth chart but not sure if we bring in another WR as #2. 

I’d love to see Pringle take that step, but I don’t see it.  With Watkins missing so much time,  Pringle had an opportunity to shine , and while he played well, he didn’t light the world on fire.  I think his ceiling is 4th wr and special teams ace, think a better version of Gary Stills, and there’s nothing wrong with that. 

13 minutes ago, moons314 said:

I’d love to see Pringle take that step, but I don’t see it.  With Watkins missing so much time,  Pringle had an opportunity to shine , and while he played well, he didn’t light the world on fire.  I think his ceiling is 4th wr and special teams ace, think a better version of Gary Stills, and there’s nothing wrong with that. 

Always thought the love for Robinson was the big obstacle for Pringle. Not sure where they slot Hardman but wouldn't be surprised if the order is Hill - new WR - Pringle - Hardman. They could have leaned on Robinson due to issues with Pringle and we may have only seen him active in plays where he would shine but whenever he got the call he did better than the turd duo. 

34 minutes ago, ChiefThunder said:

Missing out on Williams shows Veach is being aggressive and willing to spend big even after signing Thuney. I have a feeling we may trade for Orlando Brown over Reiff and Villanueva.

I don't think Ravens trade with us. 

I wonder what it would even cost to get Brown?  Would our 2nd+Hardman get it done?

Doing a player swap might be more appealing to both sides so not to think they are making each other that much better

Sporting news free agent center rankings

Centers

1. Corey Linsley, Packers (signed with Chargers for 5 years, $62.5 million)
  2. David Andrews, Patriots
  3. Austin Reiter, Chiefs
  4. Alex Mack, Falcons (signed by 49ers)
  5. Rodney Hudson, Raiders
  6. Nick Martin, Texans

Patriots signed C/G Ted Karras, formerly of the Dolphins, to a one-year, $4.0 million contract.

Karras signed this exact contract a year ago when he left New England for Miami. He projects to start at center with David Andrews hitting free agency, but he has experience at both guard spots and would be an excellent sixth lineman if the Patriots can find another upgrade. For now, the Patriots have a stellar offensive line and project to be one of the best ground attacks in 2021. Bill Belichick wants to get bigger on offense as the rest of the NFL gets smaller on defense.

3 minutes ago, Troyofoc said:

Sporting news free agent center rankings

Centers

1. Corey Linsley, Packers (signed with Chargers for 5 years, $62.5 million)
  2. David Andrews, Patriots
  3. Austin Reiter, Chiefs
  4. Alex Mack, Falcons (signed by 49ers)
  5. Rodney Hudson, Raiders
  6. Nick Martin, Texans

Ranked #3!? What!?

Haven't looked at cap hits and I'm guessing this would need to be agreed for a POST June 1st trade to happen to help Eagles GAIN Cap but what about this?

Eagles Gets:  #31, Hardman WR

Chiefs get:  Lane Johnson OT and Ertz TE

Seen reports about Lane trades and Philly has a couple young tackles that would do just fine IF healthy.  Health would/IS a issue with Lane but we are win now mode and this could be the answer.  WR is also reported to be Phillys biggest need going into the draft and gaining Hardman COULD allow them to go BPA at #6(maybe take the best tackle if they feel they want to replace Lane) and then grab a WR at #31.

YES YES I'm freaking out about not getting Trent Williams and NEED us to get a LT ASAP!

Can't imagine we draft our starting LT and throw him out there week 1 to see if he sinks or swims. Especially when you likely have Niang (no NFL experience) manning the right side. I bet we sign one of the remaining FA tackles as a stop gap.

4 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Glad we kept out at this price.  Get Hudson and Reiff now.

Get either of them  Both would be a home run.  Starting OC and interim OT would set the Chiefs up pretty well and all they'd need in the draft for the line would be a OTOTF.  Really good that they didn't get Williams.  Hudson will be expensive.