Who falls.

kkuenn

Watching ESPN and they have 5 QBs going in top 10 with trades. There really no great QB class next year, so I can see a run on QBs this year. That said, a lot of talent will fall. Who, as it looks now pre combine, could possibly fall to us at bpa/needed positions? Thoughts.

16 minutes ago, SEMO said:

WR- Marshall, Bateman, Toney

OL - Mayfield, Eichenberg, Vera-Tucker

EDGE - Phillips, Ojulari, Ossai

Are those players who originally were slated to go in the first?  Maybe Vera-Tucker, but the rest I see mocked in the second.  Zaven Collins is often listed as a first rounder but could slide to the end.  Any of the O-line you listed is a possibility for the Chiefs.  Maybe if Mac Jones is there at #31, the Chiefs can work a trade down and still get one of them.  With the way the Chiefs scout, another fourth or fifth is valuable.    

21 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Are those players who originally were slated to go in the first?  Maybe Vera-Tucker, but the rest I see mocked in the second.  Zaven Collins is often listed as a first rounder but could slide to the end.  Any of the O-line you listed is a possibility for the Chiefs.  Maybe if Mac Jones is there at #31, the Chiefs can work a trade down and still get one of them.  With the way the Chiefs scout, another fourth or fifth is valuable.    

Marshall will go in round 1.  Too talented.  Reminds me of Aiyuk last year.  Mocked in the 2nd a lot.  Went round 1.

The rest that I listed are all possible first rounders.  Eichenberg, Ojulari, and Ossai might fall to the 2nd.

I agree about Jones.  If we could trade down to 40-50 and still grab Creed or Dickerson, that would be awesome.  Pick up a 3 or 4 and grab another lineman.  

13 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

After the top 3 wrs I don’t see the value in drafting any of the 2nd tier guys in the first.  Wait until 2-4.   Luckily we can find a starting caliber LT in the first or a solid developmental guy in the 2nd.

His draft has a lot of the Positions we need

Agree.  Better to have a well protected Mahomes throwing to a second day #2 WR than having a top receiver not getting targeted because Mahomes is on his back behind the line.  There's several good WRs that will be available in the third round or later.  

• 4 weeks later...