Chiefs Kingdom

4 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

We sat through this. We deserve the Snow Globe play and the fact that our team is good enough to even attempt it. It's a great time to be a Chiefs fan!

May be an image of 2 people and text that says 'KC 17 ATL 2ND 7:55 NFL 1 COS 11 TYLER THIGPEN 4 COMP ATT YDS 2 13 12 TD o INT 2'

Just checked. We were 2-14 that year. And us being desperate for anything positive back then, those 2 wins were Denver & the Raiders led by JaMarcus Russell 

41 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

We sat through this. We deserve the Snow Globe play and the fact that our team is good enough to even attempt it. It's a great time to be a Chiefs fan!

May be an image of 2 people and text that says 'KC 17 ATL 2ND 7:55 NFL 1 COS 11 TYLER THIGPEN 4 COMP ATT YDS 2 13 12 TD o INT 2'

Both those completions were to the other team 😂

• 2 weeks later...

Via Peter King

No tight end in history has ever had a playoff hot streak like the one Travis Kelce is on now. His last seven post-season games:

numbers-game.png?w=1024

Kelce’s average game in the last three post-seasons: 9.5 catches, 108.1 yards, 1.1 touchdowns.

Another way to put it: The three previous best tight ends of this century—Tony Gonzalez, Rob Gronkowski, Jason Witten—played a total of 45 seasons. Gonzalez, Gronk and Witten, combined,  totaled two playoff games with 10 or more catches in those 45 seasons. In his last seven playoff games, over three seasons, Kelce has had 10 or more catches four times.

35 minutes ago, mex said:

Two of those catches vs Buff last year were pretty big, I'd have to say.

Here's hoping he bests all of those performances on Sunday.

He’s evolved into the goat at his position.  It’s hard to believe that early on he was criticized for not showing up in big playoff games.  We’re lucky to have him. 

1 hour ago, moons314 said:

He’s evolved into the goat at his position.  It’s hard to believe that early on he was criticized for not showing up in big playoff games.  We’re lucky to have him. 

It's hard to believe  when he was young throwing his temper tantrums and getting 15 yrd penalties there where cries to get rid of him

• 2 weeks later...

1 hour ago, mex said:

Easily Joe.

What makes Joe best?  Will to win, come from behind on late drive, passing stats, scrambling for time?  Joe was the best career-wise.....so far.  Not sure his time in KC was better.  Might feel differently if he could have finished that AFCCG in Buffalo and won. 

I'll go with Joe for now. I always had a peaceful calm watching Joe play Qb, Patrick I'm still on the verge of panic

For me personally even when Joe threw an INT I didn't get mad where I still get livid at Patrick. I also liked Joe because he kept Lenny quiet. Lenny if you remember was always good at saying  how'd he of done this or that when things did not go well..he couldn't say that about Joe. 

7 hours ago, jetlord said:

What makes Joe best?  Will to win, come from behind on late drive, passing stats, scrambling for time?  Joe was the best career-wise.....so far.  Not sure his time in KC was better.  Might feel differently if he could have finished that AFCCG in Buffalo and won. 

Who else in that group took us to an afc championship? One we could have won had a certain running back held on to a perfectly thrown football.