Chiefs Kingdom

3 hours ago, mex said:

Who else in that group took us to an afc championship? One we could have won had a certain running back held on to a perfectly thrown football.

Oops!  I read the question wrong.  I though you were comparing Montana with Mahomes.  Montana was the best QB in the SB era.  Mahomes will catch him if he wins a couple more SBs.  

1 hour ago, azchief21 said:

Question on twitter:

"Is Patrick Mahomes a top 5 all time NFL QB?"

If not, who are the 5 that are ahead of him?

until proven other wise I'd say not necessarily on order

TB12

Payton Manning

Montana

Horse Face

TB12 Bradshaw

amd I think I'd throw Favre, Staubach, Johnny U  and or Namath in there for discussion as possibilities

stats alone dont tell the whole story because of Rule changes but Patrick is a hard charger to be the baby goat. I dont see anyone beating out TB12 in my life time

4 hours ago, jetlord said:

Oops!  I read the question wrong.  I though you were comparing Montana with Mahomes.  Montana was the best QB in the SB era.  Mahomes will catch him if he wins a couple more SBs.  

No doubt.

6 hours ago, oldtimer said:

TB12

Payton Manning

Montana

Horse Face

TB12 Bradshaw

amd I think I'd throw Favre, Staubach, Johnny U  and or Namath in there for discussion as possibilities

stats alone dont tell the whole story because of Rule changes but Patrick is a hard charger to be the baby goat. I dont see anyone beating out TB12 in my life time

I don't think anyone is catching TB12.

It's all an interesting  discussion, but I honestly don't care if Mahomes will be viewed as the greatest, just glad the Chiefs drafted him. Manning is one of my favorites. Don't care that he didn't win as many rings, I just like the way he played and how smart  he was,

When it's all said and done, Mahomes will be up there. Were he will be placed in history is unknown, because we're living it right now, which is cool. Hope I'm around to see him get inducted into the HOF. 

8 hours ago, oldtimer said:

TB12

Payton Manning

Montana

Horse Face

TB12 Bradshaw

Not sure we can go on SB wins alone.  Unitas was great but in a different era.  Same with Starr, Otto Graham, Tittle.  Marino never won a SB and only got to one.  If the question was which QB would you pick if the rest of the team was good and a QB was all that was missing, I'd probably go with Montana over Brady.  

8 hours ago, jetlord said:

If the question was which QB would you pick if the rest of the team was good and a QB was all that was missing, I'd probably go with Montana over Brady.  

I'd go with Mahomes over both... and I'm not homering... he is a cut above both of them in QB skills.

Takes an entire team to win a SB... and it takes a great organization to win multiple SBs, let alone as many as Joe and TB12

5 hours ago, mex said:

I'd go with Mahomes over both... and I'm not homering... he is a cut above both of them in QB skills.

Takes an entire team to win a SB... and it takes a great organization to win multiple SBs, let alone as many as Joe and TB12

You're probably right.  If Mahomes had the team that Montana had in SFO or Brady in his earlier years the team would be nearly unstoppable.  

11 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

but that is what everyone uses as a benchmark

Everyone??  ok  is that just wins or  appearances.. if the latter

in order 

TB12 in 6

Elway ..5

Montana, Bradshaw, Staubach, Manning and Kelly all with 4

So he tied for 8th with 5 other QBs

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Everyone??  ok  is that just wins or  appearances.. if the latter

in order 

TB12 in 6

Elway ..5

Montana, Bradshaw, Staubach, Manning and Kelly all with 4

So he tied for 8th with 5 other QBs

It's SB wins.

You can't put Joe Montana in the same group as Jim Kelly :lol: 

Horseface only has 2 wins out of 5

Big Joe 4-0 (Superstar)

Bradshaw 4-0 (Superstar, thanks to a great defense)

Roger the Dodger 2-2

Manning 2-2

Patrick needs to win this week and he'll be among the top QBs at 2-1. If we lose, he'll be 1-2 which puts pressure to win more and get on the positive side. 

19 minutes ago, mex said:

Patrick needs to win this week and he'll be among the top QBs at 2-1. If we lose, he'll be 1-2 which puts pressure to win more and get on the positive side. 

There will always be pressure to win more.  Mahomes has set the bar high in KC and the team is generally young.  But I would contend that five straight AFCCGs and three SB appearances already makes a successful career and more is just icing on the cake.   Hopefully, Mahomes wins several more SBs and plays for 18-20 seasons while setting all kinds of records.  With four other younger QBs in the AFC with superb skills, it isn't realistic to expect the Chiefs to dominate every year even if they are the best team.  The Cincy loss last year shows what can happen in any one game and it takes at least three to win it all. 

42 minutes ago, jetlord said:

There will always be pressure to win more.  Mahomes has set the bar high in KC and the team is generally young.  But I would contend that five straight AFCCGs and three SB appearances already makes a successful career and more is just icing on the cake.   Hopefully, Mahomes wins several more SBs and plays for 18-20 seasons while setting all kinds of records.  With four other younger QBs in the AFC with superb skills, it isn't realistic to expect the Chiefs to dominate every year even if they are the best team.  The Cincy loss last year shows what can happen in any one game and it takes at least three to win it all. 

I don't want Patrick to end up like horseface, at 2-5... because he's better than horseface. 

You're right about it being hard to get to the SB even when you're damned good... which is why we need to win NOW. 

I'd like for Patrick to go to 2-1 immediately... if anything just to shut up the burrow, allen and hebert people

This would put Patrick at the level he deserves, and shut up the naysayers

Anything after this is gravy... but we need this one

Most my friends are pretty supportive of me with the Chiefs success. They know what I've been through since childhood.  But I've got some haters here in AZ. Even had a guy (Cowboys fan desperately seeking relevance) try to tell me Mahomes is a system QB. I have to tell you our continued success is creating some envy out there. 5 hosted Chiefs invitationals in a row, 3 SBs in 4 years. Superstar QB that keeps proving them wrong. LJ is better. Allen is better. Burrow is better. He'll do nothing without Tyreek. Burrowhead. Mayors, etc. And I love it. And when the smoke clears after Sunday, KC will be hosting the draft 🤣😂🤣