LDT, Niang & Williams coming back for 2021 Season

Williams would have been very exciting in 2020 after his playoff performance but not sure if he'll be back on the roster now with CEH well established. Definitely a solid guy to have around but saves a couple million if released.

Hopefully Niang is everything already advertised and may be more. Need him to be solid from day one. LDT is a question mark as he won't be cut due to his dead money and the injuries we have to deal with but I wonder if he actually comes back if given another chance to sit out, also curious about his shape at that age away from football for a year dealing with the hectic medical schedule. 

5 hours ago, sith13 said:

Williams would have been very exciting in 2020 after his playoff performance but not sure if he'll be back on the roster now with CEH well established. Definitely a solid guy to have around but saves a couple million if released.

Hopefully Niang is everything already advertised and may be more. Need him to be solid from day one. LDT is a question mark as he won't be cut due to his dead money and the injuries we have to deal with but I wonder if he actually comes back if given another chance to sit out, also curious about his shape at that age away from football for a year dealing with the hectic medical schedule. 

CEH well established? A month ago you were a proponent of trading him.

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

CEH well established? A month ago you were a proponent of trading him.

If there's a buyer willing to give up a solid pick/player I'm still on board but as long as he's around they'll use him as the featured back. Could have been different if Williams was in town last season but now I don't think there's going back. 

1 hour ago, sith13 said:

If there's a buyer willing to give up a solid pick/player I'm still on board but as long as he's around they'll use him as the featured back. Could have been different if Williams was in town last season but now I don't think there's going back. 

Not sure if Reid understands the concept of featured back.  If it means a lot of media coverage before a game and then doing nothing with him then KC has it down to perfection hahaha.  

Very underwhelming year for CEH, but it's not his fault. It's the Reid tunnel vision and shitty line I hope. Hell, I think if Derrick Henry had been drafted by us, we'd never know what he's capable of. 

3 hours ago, Biggjliv4 said:

Not sure if Reid understands the concept of featured back.  If it means a lot of media coverage before a game and then doing nothing with him then KC has it down to perfection hahaha.  

Very underwhelming year for CEH, but it's not his fault. It's the Reid tunnel vision and shitty line I hope. Hell, I think if Derrick Henry had been drafted by us, we'd never know what he's capable of. 

True, there's not much a player can do behind this line and even if he does some decent work Reid can still ignore the run game any time. 

I'm happy to see Damian Williams coming back. I don't know how effective he will be, it's just the nostalgia of having him on the team and winning the SB. The picture on AP brings back some memories.