1 minute ago, sith13 said:

They talk about the cap being at least $180M but anything above that is set to be determined, not sure when they'll announce it but we are way over regardless. 

until they do set the cap $ it puts the re-negotiations etc behind the 8 ball as well as any FA a team might entertain..probably should happen shortly tho

1 minute ago, oldtimer said:

until they do set the cap $ it puts the re-negotiations etc behind the 8 ball as well as any FA a team might entertain..probably should happen shortly tho

There's like a week to start the new league year, GMs will need to cut/restructure guys pretty fast. Some surprise FAs could emerge all of a sudden. 

All cap numbers anyone sees atm are fake!  The NFL is trying to finish up a few TV deals that will THEN tell everyone what the cap will be.  There is even talk about not only keeping the cap the same as 2020 BUT raising it and pro rating the future.  Example would be say they up the Cap by $20M this year which would be more than profits should allow....But they get large TV contracts and 2022 should actually be up by $30M well they ONLY up it by say $10M or $15M thus still upping the CAP but by lower amounts to help make this coming year better.

So:

21':  $180M

22':  $210M

23':  $225M

24':  $240M

25':  $255M

OR if they try and help this coming year:

21':  $205M

22':  $210M

23':  $220M

24':  $230M

25':  $245M

14 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

I'm curious if we see a lot of 1 year contracts this year. Players betting on more flexibility next year to get paid. Players may actually favor a chance to win if so

We're fixing to see a slaughter of vets as teams shed salaries.  I would think we'll see a ton of 1 year deals.

1 hour ago, xen said:

We're fixing to see a slaughter of vets as teams shed salaries.  I would think we'll see a ton of 1 year deals.

There's going to be a massacre of marginal vets in the next couple of weeks.  I don's see that helping the Chiefs all that much since they will also have a bunch of marginal FAs to resign or replace. 

Kinda like JJ Watts AZ contract.  Showing the first is only on the cap books for like $4.5M!  Year two is gonna be expensive and I’m sure they are thinking the cap will be much much higher

Still the cap is flexible so you could always back load contracts.  I agree we will see a lot of 1 year vet deals but that will be for mainly the avg veteran.   Good FA's are going to get paid, just more guarantees and more on the back end.