Let's see those draft sims

xen

1977851959_ScreenShot2021-04-15at2_23_39PM.png.1dc8523f26837b51f2943d6a23bb8a9c.png

DE value wasn't there at any round.  Tried to trade up in the 4th for the DE from Vandy who has high potential but didn't want to give up 144 and 136 to do it.   

OL could potentially be stout by the end of the first year.   Pete Werner is Hitchens replacement and would make a stud pair with Gay.   Tremble gives Andy an amazing swiss army knife toy with high upsdie.   Benjamin is an intriguing DB prospect.   Hoping Madison can get the most out of Deablo.   Darby is a developmental wr and Forrest makes Watts expendable.  

Pick up another De after the cuts and try again next year.  

3 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

1977851959_ScreenShot2021-04-15at2_23_39PM.png.1dc8523f26837b51f2943d6a23bb8a9c.png

DE value wasn't there at any round.  Tried to trade up in the 4th for the DE from Vandy who has high potential but didn't want to give up 144 and 136 to do it.   

OL could potentially be stout by the end of the first year.   Pete Werner is Hitchens replacement and would make a stud pair with Gay.   Tremble gives Andy an amazing swiss army knife toy with high upsdie.   Benjamin is an intriguing DB prospect.   Hoping Madison can get the most out of Deablo.   Darby is a developmental wr and Forrest makes Watts expendable.  

Pick up another De after the cuts and try again next year.  

Every time I run it I got the same problem, DE just isn't there when we pick. Always a run at the top of the rounds in the Sim.

Personally, I rather see us identify the OT and DE we want, grab the one 31st then trade back up into the mid to high 2nd round and secure the other.  We have a generational QB, but a win now team, secure those 2 starters and bpa rest of the way. Not going to solve it all in one draft, but can take a big bite out of the problem. 

5 hours ago, Biggjliv4 said:

Every time I run it I got the same problem, DE just isn't there when we pick. Always a run at the top of the rounds in the Sim.

Personally, I rather see us identify the OT and DE we want, grab the one 31st then trade back up into the mid to high 2nd round and secure the other.  We have a generational QB, but a win now team, secure those 2 starters and bpa rest of the way. Not going to solve it all in one draft, but can take a big bite out of the problem. 

I'm completely down for that!   I'm really hoping Oweh or Phillips drops to 31 and then move back up.  Maybe we could offer our 2nd this year our 4th and next year's 3rd to move up comfortably enough to get a Walker Little, Stone Forsythe or Spencer Brown.   

What's the fascination with Walker Little?  He may be one of the top tier OTs in the draft, but he's also the highest bust risk.  Injured for a whole year then sat out a whole year.  That's not to say the Chiefs shouldn't take a look at him, but they'd better be very sure of his health and motivation before pulling the trigger.  They absolutely can't afford to whiff at OT this year.  

15 hours ago, jetlord said:

What's the fascination with Walker Little?  He may be one of the top tier OTs in the draft, but he's also the highest bust risk.  Injured for a whole year then sat out a whole year.  That's not to say the Chiefs shouldn't take a look at him, but they'd better be very sure of his health and motivation before pulling the trigger.  They absolutely can't afford to whiff at OT this year.  

I agree their is risk with Little but what's this love affair with Teven Jenkins.  As far as I know he has never played LT but everyone thinks he could be our starter there.   I think everyone has a fascination with someone but the reality is they are all major risks at spot 31.  I'd feel better if we drafted BPA in the first and then Little or Brown or Forsythe in the 2nd, at least if they bust you haven't lost your 1st round pick to a bust.     You are right though he is a big risk and I think that's why he falls.  Would be crazy to move up in the 3rd and nab him if he fell that far.

9 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

I agree their is risk with Little but what's this love affair with Teven Jenkins.  As far as I know he has never played LT but everyone thinks he could be our starter there.   I think everyone has a fascination with someone but the reality is they are all major risks at spot 31.  I'd feel better if we drafted BPA in the first and then Little or Brown or Forsythe in the 2nd, at least if they bust you haven't lost your 1st round pick to a bust.     You are right though he is a big risk and I think that's why he falls.  Would be crazy to move up in the 3rd and nab him if he fell that far.

Don't disagree with that except I doubt Little will last until the end of the second.  It's just that in addition to the bust risk with anyone drafted, there's the multiplied risk of a player with injury and inactivity.  Same with Landon Dickerson.  Man, I'd love to see him playing OC for the Chiefs, but his injury history in college is a big red flag.  Same with DE Phillips.  My understanding is that the team's docs can't get access to the players pre-draft due to COVID rules.  Some teams will get burned and I just hope it's not the Chiefs.  

33 minutes ago, xen said:

You couldn't squeeze another WR in there Jet?  Cmon give me some speed brah.  You coulda stuck Schwartz in there at least instead of Barnes.

anybody think Teven Jenkins even sniffs 44?

No

1 hour ago, xen said:

You couldn't squeeze another WR in there Jet?  Cmon give me some speed brah.  You coulda stuck Schwartz in there at least instead of Barnes.

anybody think Teven Jenkins even sniffs 44?

Hey, I didn't make the board, only used the machine.  No!  Jenkins won't be there at #44.

6 hours ago, sith13 said:

If Green ends up at OC in the NFL this draft might make NFL history. 

Yeah that draft fixes a LOT of our issues.   Ben Niemann off the field...check!   Dan Sorensen off the field....check!   Austin Reiter off the field....check!  Anthony Hitchens off the field.....check!    Beastly offensive tackle and high upside DE oppositie Frank.   I dig  it!   Don't think it's realistic but a man can dream!

4 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Yeah that draft fixes a LOT of our issues.   Ben Niemann off the field...check!   Dan Sorensen off the field....check!   Austin Reiter off the field....check!  Anthony Hitchens off the field.....check!    Beastly offensive tackle and high upside DE oppositie Frank.   I dig  it!   Don't think it's realistic but a man can dream!

Okay, I'll go back and try to get a straight A next time.  😉

On 4/23/2021 at 2:19 PM, jetlord said:

So the highest player picked gets a A- with a few C+ thrown in and the final grade is straight A?  I call foul.  😉

BTW:  I love the Cox pick but can't see him there at 84.

I have yet to figure out their wonky grading.  Once I got almost all A's and a final grade of C.  Whatever lol.

20 minutes ago, xen said:

I have yet to figure out their wonky grading.  Once I got almost all A's and a final grade of C.  Whatever lol.

Try a sim in which you only draft T, DE, G... give you an A every time.  Doesn't seem to grade much beyond their assessed needs.  

1610394818_ScreenShot2021-04-24at7_19_15PM.thumb.png.2ec73f7179b9db95eb0334014f0d5677.png

Read a few scouting reports that see Dillon Radunz as a center in the NFL.  He is versatile and can slide out to tackle if need be which is a bonus.

Hitchens and Sorensen replacements on D.   Fehoko and Wallace fight it out for wr reps.   And we net a 4th next year from the Chargers.

33 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

1610394818_ScreenShot2021-04-24at7_19_15PM.thumb.png.2ec73f7179b9db95eb0334014f0d5677.png

Read a few scouting reports that see Dillon Radunz as a center in the NFL.  He is versatile and can slide out to tackle if need be which is a bonus.

Hitchens and Sorensen replacements on D.   Fehoko and Wallace fight it out for wr reps.   And we net a 4th next year from the Chargers.

Radunz still would be my number one target.  He can play anywhere.  Don't think there's a chance in hell he drops that far though due to the versatility.

13 minutes ago, xen said:

Radunz still would be my number one target.  He can play anywhere.  Don't think there's a chance in hell he drops that far though due to the versatility.

So if Radunz, Dyami Brown, Creed Humphrey, and Meinerz are all still on the board at #58, who do you pick and which do you gamble will last until #63?  Or are you shopping for a Edge if one of value drops that far?  The biggest hole remaining is WR and Dyami has the value to that spot.  I'd go with him and  hope Meinerz drops to the end of the round.  Meinerz would also make a good RG if OC isn't a higher priority.  A LB to replace Neiman and eventually Hitchens would also be great, but with two pick in the first two days, I don't think the Chiefs will spend one of them on a player who would play 30% of the snaps at best this year.  

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

So if Radunz, Dyami Brown, Creed Humphrey, and Meinerz are all still on the board at #58, who do you pick and which do you gamble will last until #63?  Or are you shopping for a Edge if one of value drops that far?  The biggest hole remaining is WR and Dyami has the value to that spot.  I'd go with him and  hope Meinerz drops to the end of the round.  Meinerz would also make a good RG if OC isn't a higher priority.  A LB to replace Neiman and eventually Hitchens would also be great, but with two pick in the first two days, I don't think the Chiefs will spend one of them on a player who would play 30% of the snaps at best this year.  

Radunz.  He can be a starter at 5 positions.  4 if you think his arms are too short at LT.  Need a center?  No problem.  If Brown's gone and I don't like the other options in that tier get a pass rusher.  May want to do that anyway.  There will be some pass catchers later.

Personally I think veach will trade back up into the 3rd or earlier into the 4th.