Mocking some change

Palangi

Cuts:

Fisher and Schwartz- combined they save 18 million.  This is a tough one as we saw what missing both takes looked like in the superbowl.  But that is a lot of money tied into two guys with major injuries and the wrong side of 30. I don't think Fisher will be back or ready this year.  And Schwartz may but when does the back give out again?

Hitchens- again saving money and letting an average player go.  

Resigns: 

Taco Charlton- I think he could be a starter opposite frank.  

Charvarious Ward- tender him and being him back for another year.  He is chosen over Breeland.

Byron Pringle- I like him.  But not a #2 or 3 WR. But as the 4th and return man.  

Deon Yelder- brought back as a 3rd TE and H-back type. No need for a fullback. 

Alex Brown- there was excitement about him before the preseason injury.  He has a lot of speed.  

Darrel Williams- he showed progress and a power back is needed. 

Antonio Hamilton- a cheap backup and ace special teams guy. 

Daniel Kilgore- brought back as veteran depth to help Allegretti develop. 

Ben Neimann- brought back to play SLB. But mostly for special teams.  Needs to be replaced.  I don't want him back but I think the coaches do.

Antonio Calloway- on a futures contract and is signed on full time.  Big play guy

Free Agents: 

Corey Davis- I think we can get him for 3 years 16 million.  Can be a number 2 WR. Brings a different skill set than what we have.  Has enough speed to threaten deep too. 

John Ross- a cheap guy with injury risks.  1 year 1 million. Someone could offer more and if they do they can have him.  But if we could unlock his potential he would be a great weapon. 

Draft: 

1. Sam Cosmi LT Texas 6'6" 310-  can be a day 1 starter. And a good bookend with Niang.  Is very athletic and will continue to get bigger and stronger.  

2. Derrick Barnes LB  Purdue 6'1" 245- big thick athletic MLB. Him and Gay will form a dominating young LB core.  Explosive tackler.

3. Dan Moore OL Texas A&M 6'5" 315- big physical player.  Moves well too. Was LT at A&M. Tough in run game.  Very thick in lower body for a good guard. Can battle with Rankin for the starting LG. The other one takes over for LDT after his 1 year comeback.  

4. Adetokunbo Ogundejji DE Notre Dame 6'4" 270- athletic and raw.  Can be a pass rush guy at first.  Has extremely long arms. 

4. Christian Uphoff S Illinois state 6'3" 215- Dirty Dan replacement. More athletic and faster.  Has good coverage skills and is also a physical player. 

5. Tony Poljan TE Virginia 6'7" 265- was recruited as a QB to central Michigan.  Turned TE, then transferred for his senior year to Virginia.  Like kelce was aQB recruit. 

5. Deontay Anderson S/LB Houston 6'2" 225- started at Ole Miss them transferred to Houston.  Has played Safety.  But with his size and physical play will move to LB at the next level.  Can come in at SLB playing over TE and used on coverage on them.  Can sit behind Neimann for a year then take over. 

6. Tommy Doyle OT Miami Ohio 6'8" 325- has played both the left and right side.  Has some athleticism to him.  Very good length.  A swing tackle to develop.  If he can be a swing tackle maybe Prince Tego can move to guard? 

Roster: 

QB- Mahomes, Henne, Ta'amu

RB- CEH, Dam. Williams, Dar. Williams, Thompson

WR- Hill, Davis, Hardman, Pringle, Ross, Calloway 

TE- Kelce, Poljan, Yelder

LT- Cosmi, Tego/Doyle

LG- Rankin, Durant

C - Allegretti, Kilgore

RG- LDT, Moore

RT- Niang, Tego/Doyle

DE- Clark, Ward

DT- Jones, Wharton, Edwards

DT- Nnadi, Saubders

DE- Charlton,  Danna, Ogundejji 

SLB- Neimann, Anderson

MLB- Barnes, Harris

WLB- Gay, DOD

CB- Sneed, Keyes

CB- Ward, Baker, Hamilton

NB- Fenton, Brown

SS- Mathieu,  Uphoff

FS- Thornhill, Watts

I would be surprised if they cut both Fish and Schwartz.  

Hitchens carries $8.5MM in dead money.  They are stuck with him one more year.

Agree that they will bring Niemann back.  They see something there, I guess?

I think they sign a Center or draft one high, and leave Allegretti at Guard.

Ross has been bust, taken one pick before MVPat.  manoman.  But, they can’t get hurt on a vet minimum deal.  I would 

I like Cosmi.  Could probably trade down a little and still get him.  Can he play LT in the NFL?  His punch and kick step are not good enough for the blind side...yet.  Not saying he can’t play there.  Just maybe not next year.  He is a tackle only, also.

Someone pushed we would save 2.5 million by cutting Hitchens. 

Cosmi absolutely can start.  His question isn't kick step.  He is very athletic.  It was his strength.  But he has bulked up.  But needs to continue. 

4 minutes ago, Palangi said:

Someone pushed we would save 2.5 million by cutting Hitchens. 

Roughly.  But, they save $8.5MM if they wait until after next year.

We will see on Cosmi.  I am not saying that he can’t eventually play LT.  He just needs to start out on the other side.

Agree that the Chiefs won't cut both Fisher and Schwartz.  Hitchens is here for one more year.  The Chiefs ten to not play rookies except in emergencies (like Sneed) so dropping those three would be a pretty big bite.  Two guys without a snap in the NFL to protect the franchise is asking too much. 

15 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Agree that the Chiefs won't cut both Fisher and Schwartz.  Hitchens is here for one more year.  The Chiefs ten to not play rookies except in emergencies (like Sneed) so dropping those three would be a pretty big bite.  Two guys without a snap in the NFL to protect the franchise is asking too much. 

I agree.  But looking at the other side Fisher might not be back until halfway through the year if at all.  

And Schwartz is one move the wrong way from being done again too.

And 18 million is tied up into that

39 minutes ago, Palangi said:

I agree.  But looking at the other side Fisher might not be back until halfway through the year if at all.  

And Schwartz is one move the wrong way from being done again too.

And 18 million is tied up into that

We don't know enough to judge who will be back and when.  Maybe Schwartz had a specific disc issue that can be 100% repaired.  My wife had a very painful back issue that was fixed nearly instantly after the proper procedure.  Same with Fisher.  Did he have a complete or partial rupture?  From the little that's been released, it would seem Schwartz has the best chance to start the season, but until TC, we won't know.  That being said, the Chiefs still need to replace both OTs in the near future.  This draft is a good one to get at least one and maybe they'll have a little time to train up rookie and Niang if Fish and Schwartz can contribute this year.  I just don't see the logic in releasing both.  Cap space is an issue, but so is protecting Pat. 

1 minute ago, jetlord said:

We don't know enough to judge who will be back and when.  Maybe Schwartz had a specific disc issue that can be 100% repaired.  My wife had a very painful back issue that was fixed nearly instantly after the proper procedure.  Same with Fisher.  Did he have a complete or partial rupture?  From the little that's been released, it would seem Schwartz has the best chance to start the season, but until TC, we won't know.  That being said, the Chiefs still need to replace both OTs in the near future.  This draft is a good one to get at least one and maybe they'll have a little time to train up rookie and Niang if Fish and Schwartz can contribute this year.  I just don't see the logic in releasing both.  Cap space is an issue, but so is protecting Pat. 

They can make plenty of cap space without releasing those two. Mahomes converts to a signing bonus alone can give them up to 17 million. Redo Jones, even Fisher and they can still keep him at a better value etc. Will be interesting to see what they do here soon for FA.

30 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

They can make plenty of cap space without releasing those two. Mahomes converts to a signing bonus alone can give them up to 17 million. Redo Jones, even Fisher and they can still keep him at a better value etc. Will be interesting to see what they do here soon for FA.

HB is gonna get extended as well.

We will keep both Fisher and Schwartz.   We have Niang and they will draft a guy versatile enough to play either in the case of an emergency this year and both those guys will take over next year.   Would love to free up that money but as long as they draft Olineman I can live with it.   

We won't cut Hitchens as it would be hard to replace him for 2.5 million we would save.   I thought he played above avg last year and if we address DE opposite Frank we can cover over his liabilities way easier.   

Niemann might be on this team next year but he won't be the starter or see much playing time.

53 minutes ago, jetlord said:

You're right nobody knows for sure. If just hate to get caught 2 years in a row with our pants down and no tackles to protect Mahomes.  

I hope Schwartz back issue is as simple as your wife's.  But he is a 300+ man passing a very physical game that is already demanding on the body.  So there is risk there no matter what at this point with Schwartz. 

4 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

We will keep both Fisher and Schwartz.   We have Niang and they will draft a guy versatile enough to play either in the case of an emergency this year and both those guys will take over next year.   Would love to free up that money but as long as they draft Olineman I can live with it.   

We won't cut Hitchens as it would be hard to replace him for 2.5 million we would save.   I thought he played above avg last year and if we address DE opposite Frank we can cover over his liabilities way easier.   

Niemann might be on this team next year but he won't be the starter or see much playing time.

I hope you are right about Neimann.  

17 minutes ago, Palangi said:

I hope you are right about Neimann.  

I hope your right about Fisher and Schwartz.  I do understand where Veach is at now though we don't know who will be there at 31.   Maybe the board doesn't fall for us to get a OT so keeping them would make sense. 

I don't like the idea of cutting both Fish and Mitchell without picking up a free agent tackle.  

I think Cosmi will be fine but probably needs a year in the weight room.  I agree with Seems, you could probably trade back a bit and get him, but not too far back.  Seems like a high to mid 2nd round pick but I could easily see him going as high as late first so I think it's fine to take him at 31.

Derrick Barnes I'm not that high on.  I know the AP crew likes him but I think he probably is best inside in a 34 where you can hide his lack of athleticism.  He could play Sam for us but do you really want to spend a 2nd round pick on a Sam that only plays roughly 20% of the snaps?  I don't think he can play the Mike for us and he definitely can't play in our sub packages, which we're in most of the time.

Dan Moore you could probably get him mid day 3.  Developmental tackle but could be good in our system.

Really like the 4th round here.  Great positional traits in both and about where I would think you're getting value.  Great job.  

Poljan i like as a blocking tight end but don't think he gives you all that much as a receiver in our offense.  Could be a solid inline #2 eventually, but not much flexibility as far as position in that you can't flex him out wide.

Doyle in the 6th is also good value. Good run blocker. Needs to work on his pass sets.  Like the player.  Could probably hide him on the PS until he's ready.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2021 at 6:35 AM, xen said:

I don't like the idea of cutting both Fish and Mitchell without picking up a free agent tackle.  

I think Cosmi will be fine but probably needs a year in the weight room.  I agree with Seems, you could probably trade back a bit and get him, but not too far back.  Seems like a high to mid 2nd round pick but I could easily see him going as high as late first so I think it's fine to take him at 31.

Derrick Barnes I'm not that high on.  I know the AP crew likes him but I think he probably is best inside in a 34 where you can hide his lack of athleticism.  He could play Sam for us but do you really want to spend a 2nd round pick on a Sam that only plays roughly 20% of the snaps?  I don't think he can play the Mike for us and he definitely can't play in our sub packages, which we're in most of the time.

Dan Moore you could probably get him mid day 3.  Developmental tackle but could be good in our system.

Really like the 4th round here.  Great positional traits in both and about where I would think you're getting value.  Great job.  

Poljan i like as a blocking tight end but don't think he gives you all that much as a receiver in our offense.  Could be a solid inline #2 eventually, but not much flexibility as far as position in that you can't flex him out wide.

Doyle in the 6th is also good value. Good run blocker. Needs to work on his pass sets.  Like the player.  Could probably hide him on the PS until he's ready.

This guy with Willie Gay would be awesome.  Hitchens can be a post June 1st cut. 

Barnes brings the hat on his tackles.  Has great length and speed for the pass game.  

3 hours ago, Palangi said:

This guy with Willie Gay would be awesome.  Hitchens can be a post June 1st cut. 

Barnes brings the hat on his tackles.  Has great length and speed for the pass game.  

3-3-5 linebackers always scare me a bit cause the college systems are so different and they're used to playing stack.  That said, i would think he's a Sam only in our system so don't think he'd replace Hitch.  But we do have a need at Sam so I would think he's on the table.

Of course I also didn't think he'd run that fast.  His COD drills should tell you where he can likely play but they're not listed here. In college he rushed a lot so that would help as a Sam on the under fronts.

Edit:  I can't find any agility drills.  Did he run them?

2 hours ago, xen said:

3-3-5 linebackers always scare me a bit cause the college systems are so different and they're used to playing stack.  That said, i would think he's a Sam only in our system so don't think he'd replace Hitch.  But we do have a need at Sam so I would think he's on the table.

Of course I also didn't think he'd run that fast.  His COD drills should tell you where he can likely play but they're not listed here. In college he rushed a lot so that would help as a Sam on the under fronts.

I like Hilliard as a SAM on day three.  

5 hours ago, xen said:

https://purdue.rivals.com/news/all-eyes-were-on-rondale-moore-at-purdue-s-pro-day