Rank the OT

xen

3 minutes ago, Palangi said:

Thanks.  Looks like it will be another month before the teams get to see all the prospects.  Will the numbers be made public?  Some talking head was commenting how the 40 has become less meaningful since they can use GPS of actual game play for a better evaluation of useful speed.  

1 hour ago, Palangi said:

He also did 36 reps on the bench press showing really good strength

He put up 36?? We could probably trade back and get him. But idk if he can play guard though. If he could, that would be great while he got used to NFL speed and if a guy like Reiff was signed as a stopgap. 

26 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

He put up 36?? We could probably trade back and get him. But idk if he can play guard though. If he could, that would be great while he got used to NFL speed and if a guy like Reiff was signed as a stopgap. 

What is his arm length?

9 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Cosmi probably a tackle only.  Same for Eichenberg.  Radunz and Mayfield are more the type you could stash at guard while they develop.  

50 minutes ago, xen said:

Cosmi probably a tackle only.  Same for Eichenberg.  Radunz and Mayfield are more the type you could stash at guard while they develop.  

So you prefer signing a high end center and signing a 1yr LT (Reiff)and drafting his replacement? As opposed to going all in on Trent Williams and signing an 1 yr center (AlexMack) and drafting his successor?

3 hours ago, xen said:

Why not just put Cosmi at tackle? Why does a tackle have to start at guard? Where did this thought process come from? 

3 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

So you prefer signing a high end center and signing a 1yr LT (Reiff)and drafting his replacement? As opposed to going all in on Trent Williams and signing an 1 yr center (AlexMack) and drafting his successor?

I personally would yes.  Reiff or Villanueva would work.   Linsley would be a massive upgrade at center and let us continue to go cheap at guard.  If we can't get Linsley or a similar skill level i would rethink that though.

41 minutes ago, Palangi said:

Why not just put Cosmi at tackle? Why does a tackle have to start at guard? Where did this thought process come from? 

They don't.  I was answering a question about whether you could stash Cosmi at guard.  But imo it's always best if you're getting a tackle from the 20's and on down if they have guard versatility as it reduces the bust potential.  If they can't handle the edge you can kick them inside where it's easier and still get value from the pick.

A guy like Radunz is a good example.  He has looked good playing all 5 positions on the line in college, including center.  I do think he can play tackle for us as he's athletic enough to handle outside zone for us but that kind of versatility should be coveted, imo, as it more easily allows you to get your best 5 blockers on the field and has some built in injury protection for other positions.  And I'm not certain he can handle the edge, I just think he can.

22 minutes ago, xen said:

I personally would yes.  Reiff or Villanueva would work.   Linsley would be a massive upgrade at center and let us continue to go cheap at guard.  If we can't get Linsley or a similar skill level i would rethink that though.

Linsley,  Andrews...I mean is there anyone else that's a long term solution in free agency? I should specify, I mean a well above average solution.

Martin? He's a solid center but is he enough of an upgrade to invest multiple years? 

4 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

It's mainly a cap space situation.  A good center in FA is much cheaper than a good OT.  So it makes sense to get the long term FA at OC, get a stop gap at OT, and draft the best prospect at OT for a future starter on a rookie contract  If the Chiefs could do that, they would probably pay Reiff and Linsley much less than Williams alone.  The down side to that is that a rookie OC is more likely to start his first season than a rookie OT so the Chiefs would only need one quality FA linesman if they got Williams.  All this is meaningless without knowing where the Chiefs stand in negotiating with these players, how they evaluate them in their system, how the FAs stand up to physical evaluations, and how the Chiefs' draft board is looking.  We assume Veach has a plan and there's room to kick some cap down the road if they really want to pay for an O-line. 

18 minutes ago, jetlord said:

It's mainly a cap space situation.  A good center in FA is much cheaper than a good OT.  So it makes sense to get the long term FA at OC, get a stop gap at OT, and draft the best prospect at OT for a future starter on a rookie contract  If the Chiefs could do that, they would probably pay Reiff and Linsley much less than Williams alone.  The down side to that is that a rookie OC is more likely to start his first season than a rookie OT so the Chiefs would only need one quality FA linesman if they got Williams.  All this is meaningless without knowing where the Chiefs stand in negotiating with these players, how they evaluate them in their system, how the FAs stand up to physical evaluations, and how the Chiefs' draft board is looking.  We assume Veach has a plan and there's room to kick some cap down the road if they really want to pay for an O-line. 

Well the OT class is deep too. So a cheaper option at center and tackle long term. Even though Linsley will be expensive, he won't be Trent Williams expensive.

I really think we will hear the Chiefs connected to a big name o lineman tomorrow. Just a gut feeling. And knowing Veach is uber aggressive.

5 minutes ago, xen said:

I like so many of the tackles in this class that will or should be available to us i just find it hard to think we can't find a good tackle in the draft.  

Man Radunz at the end of 2 would be golden. How much can we move up in rd 2with a 4th rd comp pick? Guard year 1, OT year 2. 

Reiff, Radunz, Linsley/Andrews, LDT, Niang

With PTW, Allegretti, Remmers, Durant as depth. Now that's a line with legit talent and real depth.

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Well the OT class is deep too. So a cheaper option at center and tackle long term. Even though Linsley will be expensive, he won't be Trent Williams expensive.

I really think we will hear the Chiefs connected to a big name o lineman tomorrow. Just a gut feeling. And knowing Veach is uber aggressive.

Isn't Wed. 3/17, the first day of FA officially?  There's probably a lot of backroom negotiating going on, but teams have to be careful of tampering.  This could be an interesting week.   Tomorrow could be a little early for any news.

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Isn't Wed. 3/17, the first day of FA officially?  There's probably a lot of backroom negotiating going on, but teams have to be careful of tampering.  This could be an interesting week.   Tomorrow could be a little early for any news.

Legal tampering period starts tomorrow.

2 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Man Radunz at the end of 2 would be golden. How much can we move up in rd 2with a 4th rd comp pick? Guard year 1, OT year 2. 

Reiff, Radunz, Linsley/Andrews, LDT, Niang

With PTW, Allegretti, Remmers, Durant as depth. Now that's a line with legit talent and real depth.

He won't be there at the end of 2.  I'd consider him at 1.

He was also the workout player of the week at the senior bowl.  Combined with some nasty blocks on tape and the versatility and he will be on a lot of boards.

Either of our 4ths would move you up about 5 or 6 spots in 2nd round.  Both could get you in the low 50s.  Don't think thats high enough to be sure.

18 minutes ago, xen said:

He won't be there at the end of 2.  I'd consider him at 1.

He was also the workout player of the week at the senior bowl.  Combined with some nasty blocks on tape and the versatility and he will be on a lot of boards.

Either of our 4ths would move you up about 5 or 6 spots in 2nd round.  Both could get you in the low 50s.  Don't think thats high enough to be sure.

Hes moving up boards. He got dat helium dawg.