Rank the OT

xen

32 minutes ago, xen said:

He won't be there at the end of 2.  I'd consider him at 1.

He was also the workout player of the week at the senior bowl.  Combined with some nasty blocks on tape and the versatility and he will be on a lot of boards.

Either of our 4ths would move you up about 5 or 6 spots in 2nd round.  Both could get you in the low 50s.  Don't think thats high enough to be sure.

The Chiefs need to get their future OT with their first pick.  Nearly all the simulations where they don't leaves them high and dry at the end of round 2.  Ideally, they could move down to get their man and gain a little draft capital in the process.  I'd rather they move down from their first and gain another top 120 pick than spend a fourth to move up in the second.  

• 2 weeks later...

4 hours ago, jetlord said:

Leatherwood seems to have sipped out of the conversation of the top five OTs.  Don't know why.  It will be interesting to see the rankings after all the pro days are completed and compiled.

Because Bama linemen flame out too much in the pros.  

It obvious why folk would question Dickerson with his injury history, but what has Leatherwood done to drop?  Played at 'Bama?  Played under Saban?  He may or may not be a fit for the Chiefs, but until the pro days are done, there is no obvious reason he's ranked below so many others.  

5 minutes ago, jetlord said:

It obvious why folk would question Dickerson with his injury history, but what has Leatherwood done to drop?  Played at 'Bama?  Played under Saban?  He may or may not be a fit for the Chiefs, but until the pro days are done, there is no obvious reason he's ranked below so many others.  

Well, he is better in a phone booth, which probably points to teams seeing him as a guard in the NFL.  Not that he can’t improve his footwork and balance, and be a competent Tackle.  

I'm a huge Bama fan.  If we hadn't sign Thuney to that bloated contract Leatherwood would have been a safe pick.  If he doesn't pan out at LT then he would be a great OG.   He is a talented guy but what Bama Olineman isn't?  I compare it to Coach K at Duke.  They get the most out of their players because they get amazing coaching and there is this perception that they have another gear or another level that sometimes Coach Saban has already gotten out of them.   

I think floor is higher than some but maybe ceiling is lower, but dang those measurables are amazing.   Those arms are tree branches lol.  

51 minutes ago, Palangi said:

Could this guy be a second round option? Stone Forsythe.  Put up real good numbers at his proday. 

I've seen him mocked as a 3rd day prospect and I would be all for taking him even if we grab at OT in the 1st or 2nd round .

Liam Eichenberg with not a great pro day.   Wingspan under 80 usually means shorter arms.   Even his coach talking him up as a RT only in the NFL.   This was suppose to be a really deep LT draft and now the pool for legit potential day one starters is down to like 4.   Obviously there are some developmental guys but thos guys will jump up in the draft now.   Gonna be interesting.   I bet Radunz jumps a ton of these guys that are testing bad or have bad measurables.

7 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Liam Eichenberg with not a great pro day.   Wingspan under 80 usually means shorter arms.   Even his coach talking him up as a RT only in the NFL.   This was suppose to be a really deep LT draft and now the pool for legit potential day one starters is down to like 4.   Obviously there are some developmental guys but thos guys will jump up in the draft now.   Gonna be interesting.   I bet Radunz jumps a ton of these guys that are testing bad or have bad measurables.

Cosmi earned some $$$ as well after testing but mocks have him all over the place, from the teens to the 2nd round.  Same with Radunz.

This is a rough year to figure out where to slot guys.  

2 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

https://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/2020/2/25/21152524/chargers-nfl-combine-draft-2020-wirfs-wills-thomas-becton-jones-bartch

Things like this and others say 34. Half an inch shorter and some will say kick inside to guard. Weird but 34 seems to be the norm?

Go look and how things arm length.  

33" is ok.  It's the average or minimum.  

34" is what you would like

35" is elite

But we are talking 2".